Mar 26

53 Sweet Easter Ideas

Need some sweet inspiration for Easter on Sunday? Well, I’ve got you covered! Here are 53 Sweet Easter Ideas from here at Crazy for Crust, and from some of my friends too!

easter collage

Can you believe Easter is on SUNDAY? I am SO not prepared. We’re traveling until late Saturday evening, so I need to do everything before we leave. Luckily my husband suggested going out to brunch on Sunday, so I won’t need to hustle myself to the 24-hour Walmart at 9pm Saturday night to buy picked over berries and the last carton of eggs.

But if you happen to be hosting Easter on Sunday, or going to a pot luck, may I suggest some of my favorite recipes? I’ve broken them down into categories for you: Breakfast, Dessert, and Fun Food. Because Easter is the new sugar holiday, right?

Enjoy!

Funfetti Donuts with Chocolate Glaze

funfetti-donuts-chocolate-glaze

Breakfasts from friends:
Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls by Sally’s Baking Addiction
Lemon Blueberry Muffins by Gimme Some Oven
Salted Caramel Mocha Donuts by Back for Seconds
Chocolate Coffee Cake with Reese’s Peanut Butter Crumb by Heather’s French Press
Cinnamon Buttermilk Bread Wreath by Bakeaholic Mama
Creme Brulee Muffins by Chef in Training
Carrot Cake Monkey Bread by Something Swanky
Carrot Cake Donuts by A Kitchen Addiction
Lemon Chia Coffee Cake by Shugary Sweets
Blueberry Buckle by A Family Feast

And check out my Breakfast Pin Board for even more!

Easter Desserts: way better than the main meal!

Carrot Cake Roll

Coconut-Key-Lime-Pie-Cookie-Cups08-1 words

Pink Lemonade Swirl Bundt Cake

pink-lemonade-swirl-bundt-cake12-2words

Coconut Kiss Brownie Pies

Coconut-Kiss-Brownie-Pies-4words

Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge

Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge by www.crazyforcrust.com | A tart lemon fudge with a lemon shortbread crust topped with a marshmallow fudge swirl!

Coconut French Silk Pie

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookie Bars by Inside BruCrew Life
Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberries and Ganache by Buns in My Oven
Buttery Sugar Wafer Cookie Sandwiches by Averie Cooks
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies by Sweet As A Cookie
Lemon Shortbread Cookie Cups by Created by Diane
Eggless Ricotta Carrot Cake Bundt Cake by Roxana’s Home Baking

Check out my Cake, Cookie, and Cheesecake Pin Boards for even more!

And then, don’t forget the kids. They’ll love these Fun Treats!

Mini Pavlova Peeps Nests

Springtime Cake Pop Nests by Munchkin Munchies
Easter Bunny Reese’s Egg Cars by Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
Cadbury Cream Egg Milkshake by Chocolate Moosey
Lil’ Duckling Pretzel Bites by Miss Candiquik
Easter Cake with White Chocolate Peeps by Bird on a Cake
Peeps Candy Bars by The Domestic Rebel
Hula Bunny Peeps by Sugar Swings!

Check out even more on my Spring and Fun Peeps Ideas Pinboards!

Thanks for checking out my ideas! I hope you have a wonderful Easter this weekend!

Please note: I’m *supposed* to be switching servers tonight around 11pm PST. The downtime shouldn’t be too long, and by morning you’ll hopefully be able to get to me. So…if you get an error in the middle of the night…that’s why. Although shouldn’t you be sleeping then?? ;)

Have a great evening!

42 Responses to “53 Sweet Easter Ideas”

1. Martha@AFamilyFeast posted on March 26, 2013 at 3:13 pm (#)

What a great Easter round-up Dorothy! (And thanks for including our Blueberry Buckle too!) Happy Easter to you and your family!
    Martha

2. Heather @ French Press posted on March 26, 2013 at 3:28 pm (#)

Amazing collection of SWEET treats! thanks for including mine:)

3. Karissa K. @ Sweet As A Cookie posted on March 26, 2013 at 3:33 pm (#)

Awesome Easter roundup!
    Thank you for including one of my recipes :)

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on March 26, 2013 at 4:22 pm (#)

Thanks for linking my Buttery Sugar Wafer Cookie Sandwiches. I love all the spring, frilly, pretty food! I had forgotten about tons of these recipes of yours, Dorothy. Good call to relink them!

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on March 26, 2013 at 6:45 pm (#)

1) NO I can’t believe Easter is THIS Sunday!
    2) Can I have one of everything please? I’m particularly hungry for sweets right now. Not kidding.
    3) Thanks for linking to my rolls ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 26th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

You’re welcome! I know. I just realized I have to boil eggs first thing in the AM so we can dye them tomorrow. OMG.

6. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on March 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm (#)

*sob* PLEASE ADOPT MEEEE!

:P

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 26th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

You’re welcome any time. I’ll stuff you with sugar. Come shoot a movie in SF! :)

7. gayathri ramanan posted on March 26, 2013 at 7:46 pm (#)

amazing collection of Easter recipes..wonderful clicks..

8. Cindy Harris posted on March 26, 2013 at 10:54 pm (#)

So many choices–now I just need to make some decisions before company gets here Thursday!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 6:50 am

Good luck Cindy! :) Thank you!

9. michelle posted on March 27, 2013 at 4:04 am (#)

Fun Dorothy! thanks for including the hula bunnies! Great wrap up, you made all that stuff??!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 6:50 am

I know, I’m surprised I’m not 500 pounds…

10. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on March 27, 2013 at 5:59 am (#)

Awesome round-up, Dorothy!

11. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on March 27, 2013 at 6:14 am (#)

We are actually traveling on Easter so I am having to be really prepared and ready ahead of time. But the day is coming up so fast and it seems way to early this year! Great round up!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 6:49 am

Oh I know! We are leaving tomorrow and I’ve got nothing ready!!! :O

12. Veronica posted on March 27, 2013 at 7:31 am (#)

Great Easter recipe ideas Dorothy!! I will take one of each please. To be delivered by Sunday morning if we comment right?! Lol hey a girl can dream!!! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I wish I could Veronica! :) Thank you!

13. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on March 27, 2013 at 8:03 am (#)

I thought I had my Easter menu nailed down, but after seeing all of these recipes, I think I’m going to have to change things up!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Ha, sorry about that Jessica. :)

14. Dana posted on March 27, 2013 at 8:04 am (#)

Drool!! Your desserts are flippin’ stunning! Perfection in each one, seriously. I am going to have to make that Pink Lemonade Swirl Bundt Cake even though we don’t do much for easter except dinner at my in-laws. Yum!!

15. Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies posted on March 27, 2013 at 9:28 am (#)

Thanks for the round up! I don’t need a reminder of how tasty all your recipes are, but it’s sure nice to see one and get inspired!

16. Sheila Shah posted on March 27, 2013 at 10:11 am (#)

Thanks for sharing all of these great Easter treats! Can’t wait to try some, if not all!

17. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on March 27, 2013 at 1:33 pm (#)

Although I dont celebrate Easter, I want to make all of these recipes. Thankfully, my friend is throwing a Easter party so I can do exactly that!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

We don’t celebrate either. It just gives me an excuse to make it! :)

18. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 27, 2013 at 1:56 pm (#)

I just got hungry. Thanks Dorothy ;) And thanks {for reals} for sharing my treats!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

You’re welcome Trish, thank you!

19. The Partiologist posted on March 27, 2013 at 3:35 pm (#)

Oh my goodness what a wonderful assortment of Easter treats! Love them all…mouthwatering!

20. Laura Dembowski posted on March 27, 2013 at 6:45 pm (#)

So many great recipes! I’ll have to celebrate Easter for a whole week just to try them all :)

21. Liz posted on March 28, 2013 at 9:42 am (#)

I remember returning home on Christmas Eve and trying to rustle up Christmas dinner at the grocery store at closing time! Not the best plan! LOVE all your Easter sweets…so many lovelies to try!