No Bake Coconut Cream Pie – this EASY no bake pie recipe is full of coconut pudding, fresh whipped cream, and a Golden Oreo crust!
No need to turn on the oven for this pie recipe – just mix up the filling and chill it in the crust! If you love coconut you are going to love this easy recipe.
The BEST EASY Coconut Cream Pie
If you’re like me and lose your self-control around a pudding pie than prepare yourself for this easy coconut cream pie! It has a crunchy cookie crust, a creamy coconut pudding filling and topped with pillow-y soft whipped cream – just hand me a fork, please!
Three Layers in this pie:
- Golden Oreo cookie crust
- Coconut pudding filling with shredded coconut
- Fluffy whipped cream topping with lots of toasted coconut sprinkled on top
The filling is so creamy and the shredded coconut mixed in adds even more coconut flavor and great texture.
You don’t have to turn on the oven for this coconut cream pie with pudding and it’s so easy to make. To be honest, the hardest part about making it is not eating it all in one sitting!
Table of Contents
This cream pie is a marriage of a few things on this blog.
5 Ingredients in this Easy Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
OREO CRUST: It starts with my favorite Oreo Crust recipe, and I used Golden Oreos. That crust recipe works with ANY flavor Oreo and I think that the sweet vanilla taste of a Golden Oreo pairs perfect with coconut. You could also use a shortbread crust or a graham cracker crust, if you prefer – all of my cookie crust recipes are no-bake. If you’re going to the trouble of making a pudding pie, why on earth would you want to bake it?
Coconut Pudding Mix: The filling of the pie is Instant Coconut Pudding Mix. I’ve seen that flavor at 99% of grocery stores, but if you can’t find it, substitute vanilla and add 1 teaspoon of coconut extract. You make the pudding with milk.
Whipped Topping or Whipped Cream: top this pie with cool whip or fresh made whipped cream.
Toasted Coconut: The pie is topped with toasted coconut. If you’ve never toasted coconut before I’ve got you covered with a tutorial! The nice thing about toasted coconut is that it keeps in the refrigerator for three to four weeks. So, make it ahead to have on hand when you’re ready to make this pie.
How to Make a Easy Coconut Cream Pie
1. Make Pudding: Combine the pudding mix and milk together in a large bowl. Let it sit until it’s soft-set. This only takes about five minutes.
2. Coconut: Stir in the shredded coconut (untoasted).
3. Crust: Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Cover and chill the pie for at least three to four hours.
4. Serving: Before serving, top the pie with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Writing this post has me craving a big o’ piece of this easy coconut cream pie! It’s great for entertaining because you can make it ahead and the leftovers will keep for up to three days in the fridge. If you even have leftovers! We never do – it tends to disappear pretty quick at our house. I bet it will at yours, too!
The hardest part about making this coconut cream pie recipe is not eating it all!
If you want to make the filling from scratch I suggest you use this coconut banana cream pie recipe but omit the bananas.
Honestly – using pudding mix is my favorite way. Pudding mix never weeps! Also, if you’re using fresh whipped cream on the top, don’t add it until before serving as whipped cream that settles will weep.
If you want fresh whipped cream for the top, beat 1 cup COLD heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until stiff peaks form.
While I’ve had some success using coconut milk with pudding mix by using half the amount, I don’t recommend it for this recipe. Add coconut extract for extra coconut flavor.
Sometimes I can find it, sometimes I can’t. If you can only find instant vanilla pudding mix then you can add 1 teaspoon coconut extract to the pudding with the milk in step 1.
Check that you used the right size box of pudding: TWO boxes (3.4 ounces each)of INSTANT pudding mix. If you use the larger box with the amount of milk specified it won’t set up. Also be sure to use cows milk, not nondairy milk, or it won’t set.
Use my tutorial for toasting coconut to do this, but be sure and do it on the stove and don’t walk away from it.
My other favorite No-Bake Pie Recipes:
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake French Silk Pie
- Peanut Butter Twix Pie
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cream Pie by Mom on Timeout
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
If you like this recipe, please leave me a star rating below along with a comment!
Easy No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 recipe Golden Oreo Crust Graham Cracker or Shortbread may be substituted, homemade or store bought
- 2 boxes 3.4 ounces each Instant Coconut Pudding Mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk (that's 3 and ½ cups)
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1-2 cups Fresh Whipped Cream or Cool Whip for topping
- 1 cup toasted coconut for topping
- Chill your pie crust recipe while making the filling, if you made it from scratch. No baking necessary! (If you’re making a Golden Oreo crust, no need to remove the filling either.)
- Add pudding mix to a large bowl. Add milk and whisk until smooth. The mixture will be slightly lumpy from the coconut in the pudding mix. Let sit for 5 minutes until soft set. Stir in coconut. Pour into pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and toasted coconut. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 8, 2020