This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Coconut Cheesecake No Bake Dessert – I decided to make you a Coconut Cheesecake with a shortbread crust. Are you thinking, it’s about time? Because that’s exactly what I’m thinking. This is the perfect no bake cheesecake recipe!
Table of Contents
Seriously the best Coconut Cheesecake
You know what I don’t understand? Why coconut isn’t really an all year ingredient. Why is it only used heavily in the spring? I mean, I know it’s not illegal to use coconut in July (like, say, peppermint or pumpkin) but I always seem to forget about coconut until spring starts to hit.
If you love it like me, this No Bake Coconut Cheesecake is for you. It has a shortbread crust. And it’s full of coconut and cheesecake and everything that’s amazing about lush desserts.
What is Coconut Cheesecake?
One of the things I love about these easy no bake recipes is how, well, EASY they are to put together. Just a few minutes with a few ingredients and you’re done. No oven, no testing doneness, no complicated steps. And no matter what flavor you make them, they are so good. Believe me, I eat almost the entire pan every time I make one of these.
This lush No Bake dessert has three glorious layers:
- Whipped cream or whipped topping covered in toasted coconut.
- Coconut Instant Pudding mixed with cream cheese to make coconut cheesecake.
- A thick, glorious shortbread crust made out of Walkers Shortbread cookies and butter.
How to make the crust
I’m starting off with a bang by making a thick and rich shortbread crust with the cookies for this no bake dessert. The good thing about these desserts is that you don’t need to have a food processor to make your crumbs. All you need is a rolling pin and a large resealable bag (gallon size). Just roll the cookies until you get mostly crumbs, then you mix them with some melted butter and press them into the pan.
How to make Coconut Cheesecake
- Simply mix cream cheese with coconut pudding mix. They sell that flavor at most grocery stores, but if you can’t find it, feel free to use vanilla and add in some coconut extract.
- A little whipped topping goes into the cheesecake and on the top of the whole thing, then it’s topped with toasted coconut and more crumbled shortbread cookies.
Yes store this in the refrigerator. You can make it ahead up to 48 hours if using whipped topping.
Freeze this only if it uses whipped topping. Whipped cream won’t thaw properly.
Coconut Cheesecake No Bake Dessert
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut , divided
- 1 approx 3-4 ounce box instant coconut pudding mix (may substitute vanilla, see note)
- 1 ¾ cups nonfat milk
- 2 boxes 5.3 ounces each Walkers Shortbread Fingers
- 4 tablespoons (57g) unsalted butter , melted
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese , softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract optional
- Toast 1 cup of coconut in a medium skillet over low heat. Stir almost constantly until the coconut begins to brown. Remove from heat to a plate or bowl and let cool.
- Whisk pudding and milk in a medium bowl for about 2 minutes. (There may still be some lumps from the coconut in the mix.) Set aside to firm up.
- Make the crust: place the shortbread cookies in a large gallon size resealable bag. Seal the bag except for 1” (to allow air to escape) and roll the bag with a rolling pin to crush the cookies. Reserve ¼ cup of the crumbs for garnish, then pour the melted butter into the bag, squeezing it to work it through the crumbs. Press the crust into a 9×9 pan.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat it with a hand mixer for 1 minute, until it’s smooth. Add the set pudding and mix until mostly no lumps remain.
- Stir the coconut extract, if using, into the tub of Cool Whip. Fold half the tub of Cool Whip into the pudding mixture, along with 2 cups of coconut. Spread over crust. Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved crushed cookies and toasted coconut.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. This will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Learn how to toast coconut
- You can swap a graham cracker crust if you prefer.
- This will also work if made in a 9-inch pie plate or 9-inch springform pan.
- Don’t use low-fat cream cheese.
- If you can’t find coconut instant pudding, use vanilla and add 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract into the cheesecake mixture.
- Store in refrigerator – only freeze if it’s made with whipped topping.
- You can substitute 3 cups freshly whipped cream for the Cool Whip.
No Bake Cheesecakes
Last Updated on April 30, 2023
The recipes are easy & delicious; I love the combo of coconut, cream cheese, whip cream with the shortbread cookie crust!!