This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to decorate Easter cupcakes two different ways! Make adorable Bunny Cupcakes or cute Easter Egg cupcakes, or make them both! I’m sharing all of the cupcake Easter decorations you need to make them both. They’re the perfect dessert for the Easter season!
Table of Contents
Looking for Easter cupcake ideas? I have the cutest Easter cupcakes for you today! These are so easy to do and are the sweetest dessert for Easter dinner, potlucks, or other Easter Sunday celebrations.
If I’m going to decorate cupcakes, I want it to be EASY, and I can promise these are just that. Plus, I have two different designs for you to try – pick your favorite or make them both for a fun treat everyone will love.
Two Fun EASY Easter Cupcakes
I have bunny ear cupcakes and Easter nest cupcakes for you to try, and I’m showing you exactly how to make them so they turn out perfect. It’s like your one-stop shop for cupcake decorations for Easter!
You will need baked and cooled cupcakes (any flavor you like!) and vanilla buttercream frosting for both designs. I have the best buttercream recipe you can make from scratch or make it super easy and use two cans of white icing.
There’s nothing complicated about these Easter cupcake recipes – follow the steps, and you’ll have a batch of cute cupcakes that everyone will want to try.
What you need to make Easter Cupcake Bunnies
- Marshmallows: You’ll need regular-sized marshmallows
- Pink sugar: Or any color you want for the ears
- Vanilla buttercream frosting: Use my recipe or a can of frosting
- Baked cupcakes: Use my perfect yellow cake recipe or a box mix
- Candy eyes: Or use black food coloring
- Pink jelly beans or pink sprinkles for the noses
How to make Easter Bunny Cupcakes
1. Slice each marshmallow in half. Dip the sticky side (cut side) in the pink sugar, so it’s coated.
2. Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with an open round tip. Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake.
3. Top the frosting with the two marshmallow bunny ears and place the candy eyes. Use a jelly bean or sprinkle to make the bunny nose.
What you need to make Easter Nest Cupcakes
- White Frosting: Use a can or use cream cheese frosting
- Green food coloring: For the grass, I prefer gel food coloring but regular is fine too
- Candy eggs: Jelly beans, Cadbury eggs or robins eggs all work!
How to make Easter Nest Cupcakes
1. Tint the frosting with the green food coloring. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a grass tip.
2. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Place the candy eggs onto the frosting, and you’re done!
How to Store Cupcakes
Cover the cupcakes and keep them at room temperature for three days. Or, you can keep them in the refrigerator.
If you don’t want to risk messing up the frosting, it’s best to keep them in an airtight container with a lid. It should be deep enough so the cupcakes are not touching the top of the cover.
- For the Easter bunny cupcakes, be sure to use regular-sized marshmallows – not jumbo ones or mini marshmallows.
- When you tint the frosting for the grass cupcakes, start with a bit of food coloring and then add more to darken the color.
- If you don’t have piping bags or tips, you can use a ziplock bag to pipe your frosting. Place the frosting in the bag and snip off one corner. For the grass frosting, snip a smaller hole – for the bunny ones, make it a little bigger.
- You can bake the cupcakes a day in advance and let them cool. Store them in an airtight container overnight and frost them the next day.
The hardest part about this recipe is deciding which Easter cupcakes to make! If that’s the case, just make both – you won’t regret it. Have fun making them!
More Cute Cupcakes To Make
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Easter Cupcakes Recipe
- 24 regular size marshmallows
- Pink sugar
- Candy Eyes
- Pink jelly beans or sprinkles
Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Green food coloring
- Candy Eggs
- Slice each marshmallow in half and dip the sticky side in pink sugar.
- Place white frosting in a piping bag fit with an open round tip. Pipe frosting.
- Top with 2 marshmallow halves, 2 candy eyes and a pink sprinkle nose.
Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Tint frosting green. Fit a piping bag with a grass tip and fill with frosting.
- Pipe grass on cupcake, top with candy eggs.
- Store cupcakes in refrigerator for up to 3 days (the marshmallows will get hard after 1 day).
Learn how to decorate Easter cupcakes two different ways! Make adorable Bunny Cupcakes or cute Easter Egg cupcakes, or make them both!