This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best of both worlds: peanut butter cookies mixed with chocolate chip cookies! They’re soft and chewy and everyone loves them. This is one of my MOST POPULAR cookie recipes!
Table of Contents
- The BEST Cookies: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- “You Can’t Eat Just One” Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- How Do You Make the Perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- FAQs for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Do you have to chill cookies before baking?
- Melted vs Softened Butter when making Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The BEST Cookies: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
“You Can’t Eat Just One” Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Note: these cookies are ADDICTING. You’ve been warned.
These aren’t simply peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips; no, they’re chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter.
Boom – drop the mic.
After I made my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe, I started realizing y’all love BOTH of those cookies. Why not make them into one fabulous rich and delicious blended cookie?
These easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy and soft, gooey and amazing. This is the ULTIMATE peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Now, it’s not just as simple as taking my chocolate chip cookie recipe and adding peanut butter. There were some other structural changes that had to be made as well to make sure to account for the extra fat and volume the peanut butter adds to the cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
Let’s break down the ingredients:
- Butter – as with my chocolate chip cookie recipe, I start with melted butter. I find that melted butter makes a chocolate chip cookie have so much more depth of flavor, plus it’s easier to mix up because you can do it by hand.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar – this recipe has both, as all good cookie recipes do. But I increased the amount of brown sugar in this cookie to add more chew and softness. Brown sugar also gives so much more flavor to a cookie than granulated.
- Peanut Butter – to turn a chocolate chip cookie into a peanut butter cookie you have to add peanut butter. I didn’t use as much as my normal peanut butter cookie recipe because I wanted the texture to be more like a chocolate chip cookie than a soft peanut butter cookie. I used 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter – be sure not to use one you have to stir. I use Skippy or Jif Naturals usually (it’s a more natural version of regular peanut butter but is no-stir).
How Do You Make the Perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Mix butter and peanut butter until smooth, then add both sugars and cream until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg, baking soda and salt and mix until combined, then stir in flour. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized cookie balls on to cookie sheets and chill 30 minutes.
- Press cookies down with the tines of a fork (in a criss cross pattern).
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes.
FAQs for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
You can use any flavor of chocolate chips, and I recommend Trader Joe’s chocolate chips if you can find them. My other favorites are Guittard and Ghiradelli or Hershey’s.
Use your favorite peanut butter that is no-stir (not natural peanut butter).
Yes, you can chill the dough for up to 24 hours (just cover it with plastic wrap).
Scoop the balls of cookie dough and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic and freeze until frozen solid, then place the frozen balls in a resealable bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Do you have to chill cookies before baking?
Not always, but these you do. Normally, peanut butter cookies don’t need chilling. However, because these start with melted butter it’s always a good idea to give them a quick chill so they don’t spread too much.
I like a gooey, puffy, soft and chewy cookie recipe, so chilling ensures that these cookies will end up with that texture. If you like thinner cookies, you can bake these without chilling.
Before baking you need to press these down with the tines of a fork, like you would peanut butter cookies, especially if you’ve chilled them. They won’t spread much at all if they’re cold.
Note about chocolate chips: I love using Trader Joe’s chocolate chips. They stay melty!!
Melted vs Softened Butter when making Cookies
This recipe calls for melted butter, but you can use softened if you need to.
Using softened butter means you will not need to worry about chilling the dough, so you can make these either way.
Regardless of which kind of butter you use, you’ll need to press these with the tines of a fork to get them to flatten.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the perfect basic and easy cookie recipe. It’s such a timeless classic cookie everyone loves!
We also love my traditional peanut butter cookies!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup (133g) creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup (134g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups (155g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups (213g) chocolate chips
- Mix or stir butter with peanut butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt. Mix in flour slowly until cookie dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press cookie dough balls flat with the tines of a fork.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes, or until slightly brown on the bottom and the top just loses the wet cookie dough look.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rolo stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Last Updated on May 20, 2022
Excellent recipe! Came out beautifully and a big hit here at the house! Thanks for sharing!
Best cookie recipe ever ! Thanks for sharing .
I was so pleased with these cookies! Highly recommend!!
The best cookies I have made in a long time they’re delicious nice soft and chewy
Absolutely my favorite cookie !!!
Delicious, tender, great peanut butter taste and they just melt in my mouth!
this is a 10 star cookie I love the recipe I have this cookie 3 times in 5 days I love love love the cookie
So darn delicious. Hubby said they are the best cookies I’ve ever made. I baked them for 12 minutes and they came out soft and chewy, just the way I like them.
absolutely loved these cookies!!!! delicious and easy recipe. I used softened butter both times (made this 2x in one week because they were such a big hit) and still chilled them in the freezer for about an hour for one batch and overnight for another. both times I baked from frozen, but some of cookies that went in the freezer for only about 30 minutes still flattened out more than the rest. definitely need a chilling even if using softened butter vs melted! I also baked at 325 (give or take a few degrees because my oven is a bit cold) and it took 14 minutes for a perfectly baked cookie! will definitely continue at that temp again