Jun 11

Perfect Graham Cracker Crust {bake and no-bake}

We could also title this post The Anatomy of a Graham Cracker Crust. In other words, we’re making our own graham cracker crust from scratch today and it’ll be the best one you’ve ever had!

You can use it for no-bake pies or you can bake it first. That’s a summer #win if you ask me!

This is the BEST Graham Cracker Crust - for bake or no-bake recipes!

Graham cracker crust is one of my favorite pie crusts. I don’t think I can choose an absolute favorite, because I love all of them too much. But a good graham cracker crust is a must have in your baking arsenal. So many pies can be made to pair with the graham cracker flavor because it’s so versatile.

Now, I know you can buy ready-made graham cracker crusts at the grocery store. They’re found in the baking aisle and all you have to do is pop off the top and pour in your filling. There’s absolutely no work, so I totally understand the draw of those crusts. I’ve used them in a pinch, and they were a pretty standard thing on our shopping list when I was growing up. There’s really nothing wrong with them…

But.

I think everyone needs a from-scratch graham cracker crust recipe in their arsenal. What if you want a pie right now and can’t get to the store? And, let’s face it. As good as those store-bought crusts are, they sorta taste like the aluminum foil pie tin, right? Or is it just me?

Store-bought is great in a pinch, but homemade is always better. #mytwocents

So today, I’m showing you my favorite from-scratch homemade graham cracker pie crust recipe. And this is even more perfect because you can use it for recipes that call for baking the crust OR you can use it no-bake.

Because when it’s 106° like it has been this week in Sacramento, the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven. A no-bake pie is not, in fact, no-bake when you have to bake the crust for 10 minutes.

This pie crust is good both ways. You can bake it if you want…or you can simply fill it. Either way, it’ll turn out yummy and crunchy, without any sort of tin aluminum flavor.

#homemadeforthewin

This is the BEST Graham Cracker Crust - for bake or no-bake recipes!

Ready for the anatomy of a graham cracker crust? So many things go into making the perfect crust, so we have a photo-heavy post today. I’m showing you every step of the process, so you can be sure and make the perfect graham cracker crust too!

Let’s get started!

First, you need graham crackers. Obviously.

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (1 of 15)

You have two different options when starting with graham crackers: whole and crumbs. One is cheaper, one is easier.

Want to hear a dirty little secret? I use graham cracker crumbs 99% of the time. I’m lazy and I hate cleaning my food processor. Plus, I use them so often, it’s just easier.

But in the interest of doing a step-by-step recipe for you, I decided to do a little test. Should you buy whole graham crackers? Or crumbs?

It doesn’t matter. Not in the slightest!

For both of the crusts I made for you today, I used generic graham crackers (regular, not low-fat) and Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs. Keebler is the most recognizable brand, although some stores do sell generic versions. The only problem with using one or the other is what the recipe you’re using calls for. 5 whole sheets? 1 cup of crumbs? What if you’re using whole crackers but it calls for crumbs? How many do you crush?

Here’s a tip:

3 full graham cracker sheets = approximately 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

You can use that guide to adapt whatever recipe you’re using. Or, just use this one, because I included both measurements.

Now, say you’re starting with whole graham crackers. Do you HAVE to have a food processor? NO!

{But, er, why don’t you have one? Seriously, best kitchen appliance ever after my mixer. This is the food processor I have. Go buy yourself a gift.}

I tried crushing the crackers in my food processor and in a plastic bag using a rolling pin and, when compared with the store-bought crumbs, they were all exactly the same.

Moral of the story: use your favorite graham cracker or crumbs, and crush them the easiest way for you.

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (3 of 15)

Next, let’s talk about ingredients and ratios. The graham cracker crust on the side of the box of Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs uses 1 1/4 cups of crumbs to 1/3 cup melted butter. I used that recipe for my base (they know what they’re talking about, after all), but I changed it up to fit my needs.

First, 1 1/4 cups of crumbs is great, but I like my crust THICK. I’m a crust girl, after all. I changed the amount of crumbs to 1 1/2 cups. But that also meant that I had to adjust the amount of butter. The trick to any crust is the amount of fat to other ingredients. This is especially true in a cookie or cracker crust (and even more so in no-bake crusts), because the butter is the binding agent. Too much butter = greasy. Not enough = it falls apart. I upped the amount of butter to 7 tablespoons (measured, then melted) for this recipe.

Let’s talk about sugar for a second. 99% of recipes you see use granulated sugar. That’s fine, you can use that if you want. I like using brown sugar. Brown sugar is my favorite kind of sugar, and graham crackers are very brown sugary. It fits.

I used unsalted butter so I added some salt (not pictured) and I also added cinnamon. Cinnamon gives the crust a little secret flavor that goes with just about everything. But, if you’re not a cinnamon person, you can leave it out.

Next up: mixing.

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (4 of 15)

As in…it’s easy to mix your own crust. No mixer, no food processor needed. You don’t even need a wooden spoon. I mix all my dry ingredients with a fork. I like how a fork works for mixing together the crumbs, and then again when adding the butter. It makes it more crumbly somehow.

Once you’ve mixed in the melted butter, it looks like this:

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (5 of 15)

It’s the texture of very coarse sand. You pour this mixture into a 9″ pie plate. Make sure you measure your plate. 9″ is standard, and I think this would even do well in a 9 1/2″ pie plate. But anything over (or under) that and you need to edit the recipe.

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (6 of 15)

Another secret to the perfect graham cracker or cookie crust is compacting the crumbs. You need to really, really compact them, especially if you’re not baking it. I use the bottom of a glass for the bottom of the pie plate. Press it good!

Then I use my fingers for the sides. Again, use a lot of pressure. Try to get it as even as possible.

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (7 of 15)

Then, your crust is all done! You now have two options:

1. Chill the crust for at least one hour before filling with your no-bake filling. Chill according to the recipe directions, then cut and serve. The crust is semi-crunchy and perfectly sweet. It may crumble a little more on cutting than the baked version, but it’ll hold together nicely.

2. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 325°F. Let it cool completely, then fill and chill according to the recipe directions. A baked graham cracker crust will be more crunchy and be less crumbly, but you have to use your oven.

There is a third option, which I haven’t tested yet, but I’m 99% sure it’ll work. You can also use this pie for a baked pie (like this one). It would be a combination of 1 and 2 above: chill the pressed crust while preparing the filling, then fill and bake according to recipe directions.

BEST Graham Cracker Crust (8 of 15)

Either way you make it, this graham cracker crust is the best base for your pies. It’s easy, comes together in mere minutes, and tastes way better than packaged.

What will you fill it with?

The Perfect Graham Cracker Crust for bake or no-bake recipes!

I can think of lots of options. Come back tomorrow for one of them!

Perfect Graham Cracker Crust {bake and no-bake}

Yield: 1 9" crust

This is the BEST graham cracker pie crust - from scratch. It can be no-bake or baked depending on your mood. It's perfect!

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 9 whole graham crackers)
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
  • Pinch of salt
  • 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Directions:

1. If you’re using whole graham crackers, finely crush them in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and roll with a rolling pin.
  2. Stir graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Add melted butter and stir with a fork.
  3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides.
  4. To make a no-bake pie: Chill pie crust for at least one hour before filling. Cover if chilling longer. Make pie as directed.
  5. To make a baked graham crust: Preheat oven to 325°. Bake crust for 10 minutes, until it just starts to brown. Cool completely before filling.

Try using this crust with the following pies:

Lime Curd Pie

Lime Curd Pie (1 of 9)w

Frozen Biscoff Pie

frozen biscoff pie (9 of 9)

Skinny Chocolate S’mores Pie

skinny chocolate smores pie 1 words

Cherry Ice Cream Pie

Cherry Ice Cream Pie 5 words

Sweet from friends:
Butterscotch Pretzel Pie by Seeded at the Table
Chocolate Chip Fluff Pie by Kitchen Meets Girl
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie by Something Swanky

69 Responses to “Perfect Graham Cracker Crust {bake and no-bake}”

1. Mir posted on June 11, 2014 at 3:16 am (#)

Okay, so I’m obsessed with graham cracker crust. And I totally agree about the brown sugar because it caramelizes the crust a bit and is so good! The only other thing I like to do is melt white chocolate or peanut butter chips into the crust. It adds a little more dimension for certain recipes.
    Thanks for this tutorial! That’s a very pretty end result. :)

2. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness posted on June 11, 2014 at 3:20 am (#)

Oh I SO needed this! I love a good graham crust (sometimes without a filling…judge me) but I always buy it because I don’t know how to make it as well. I <3 this. Pinned!

3. Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on June 11, 2014 at 3:48 am (#)

I’m totally with you that making your own graham cracker crust is so much better than buying one at the store. I’ve never actually seen or looked for the crushed graham crackers before. I’m going to have to see if my store has them. Although I’m pretty sure that I will stick with whole graham crackers, because I secretly like to use the food processor to crush them all. Ha! Thanks for sharing.

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on June 11, 2014 at 4:15 am (#)

Great images! Love these! And love the tutorial and while I’m not as big of a crust fan as you are, if I’m going to have it, graham cracker crust is the way to go! pinned

5. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on June 11, 2014 at 4:45 am (#)

Graham cracker crusts are my favorite!! That and an oreo crust :) Your crust is the perfect one – super thick and even throughout; I love that! And a fantastic tutorial! Hope you are having a great week Dorothy! :)

6. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on June 11, 2014 at 4:47 am (#)

This really is the perfect graham cracker crust! I make mine the same way and always use extra cinnamon, because that’s the best!

7. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on June 11, 2014 at 4:50 am (#)

I love a good biscuit pie crust. Absolutely delicious, just a little different over here since we don’t get the crackers. We use digestive biscuits (cookies).

Also, I was signed up for emails, but not getting them anymore. Any idea what’s happening, or changed provider?

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 11th, 2014 at 6:46 am

I’m sure it would be a very similar recipe – if I remember correctly those biscuits are similar to graham crackers (not too sweet). Emails…that’s so strange. I have you on the list still, Daily emails, with the same email as on your comment. I unsubscribed you and then just re-added you. Let me know if you don’t get an email today or tomorrow!

• Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} replied on June 11th, 2014 at 7:49 am

I know, very strange. I even unsubbed and resubbed a while back because of it – no joy. I think I was subbed by Feedburner a while back, then changed to the WordPress method, but the notify of new posts button under the comment form has gone so maybe it’s that? What list do you have me on? I added myself to the mad Mimi link today. I’m hoping that’ll correct it now. :)

• Judy replied on December 1st, 2014 at 10:03 am

I also love to make my own Graham Cracker crust . I use Cinnamon Graham Crackers everyone loves my crust. I will try your measurements they sound a bit better than mine. I use 1 cup of Grahams to 1/4 cup of butter.

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 1st, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Cinnamon Graham Crackers – such a great idea! Thanks Judy!

8. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on June 11, 2014 at 6:19 am (#)

I am always making pies with graham cracker crust so I definitely need to try this. If you say its perfect, I think its perfect!

9. Kelly - Life made Sweeter posted on June 11, 2014 at 8:47 am (#)

I am all about the pie crust too – I love them all but if I really had to choose, graham cracker would be the winner. Just like this recipe. I love the brown sugar and cinnamon in here. Such an awesome tutorial Dorothy – pinned :)

10. Julie @ Logger's Wife posted on June 11, 2014 at 9:13 am (#)

My husband’s favorite pie is chocolate cream in a graham cracker crust. I think the only difference between my crust and yours is that I use 10 sheets of crackers. We too like a thicker crust. :)

I never buy crumbs because I have a 2yr old so there are always graham crackers in the house. Always. Or else I’m in trouble with her. haha I use my food processor now but before I had one, my husband crushed them. We did the ziploc bag but instead of a rolling pin, he’d sit there and crush them with his hands. I think it was like a stress ball to him. lol

11. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on June 11, 2014 at 10:02 am (#)

Whoa! Brown sugar in a graham cracker crust? Mind is blowing! It never occurred to me to add anything other than butter and sugar to a pie crust. How awesome!

12. Ashton posted on June 11, 2014 at 11:32 am (#)

Graham Cracker crusts are my very favorite!! It’s the only time I’d rather eat the crust than the filling :) SO yum. And way awesome of you to break this down so well— mesurements, crumbs vs. crackers, ets. Nice! pinned :)

13. Nikki @Seeded at the Table posted on June 11, 2014 at 12:37 pm (#)

Great tutorial, Dorothy! Thanks for linking to my pie! ;)

14. Denise | Sweet Peas & Saffron posted on June 11, 2014 at 1:53 pm (#)

Thank-you for the analysis! I am very glad that I can continue to be lazy and leave my food processor in the cupboard. You also gave me some new ideas with the brown sugar and cinnamon…bet that tastes divine :)

15. Jessica @ Sweet Menu posted on June 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm (#)

Next time I go to the USA, I’m loading up on graham crackers! How versatile are they!

16. Lisa Green posted on June 11, 2014 at 4:19 pm (#)

Graham cracker crust is the best! I was so excited when I first saw the ready made ones in a store, but in my opinion, they are not good at all. Homemade is definitely the way to go. I’ve never tried making it with brown sugar, I’ll have to try that the next time I make one, sounds really good! I knew when I saw the name of your blog that I had to read it, I am absolutely “Crazy for Crust” also. Doesn’t matter what it is, the crust is always my favorite part! Love your blog, thanks for all your advice!

17. Laurie F. posted on June 11, 2014 at 4:35 pm (#)

Great tutorial, Dorothy – I especially liked the info about increasing the amount of crust. I don’t use a food processor because my kitchen is so small, but I have always loved crushing the graham crackers with the bottom of a drinking glass, right in the glass pie plate. I think it’s the crunching noise that I like.

18. dina posted on June 11, 2014 at 6:06 pm (#)

it looks great!

19. Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos posted on June 11, 2014 at 7:05 pm (#)

Homemade graham cracker crust blows store bought out of the water – it’s sooooo much tastier and super easy too!! Love this tutorial, Dorothy :)

20. Allison posted on June 11, 2014 at 7:14 pm (#)

Love the idea of the brown sugar! Nice!

21. Joanne posted on June 11, 2014 at 7:28 pm (#)

Thanks for this post. I always see different ratios of graham cracker crumbs and butter in other recipes.
    This is a keeper! :-)

22. Crystal posted on June 11, 2014 at 8:29 pm (#)

Graham cracker crust is so yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!!

23. Samina | The Cupcake Confession posted on June 11, 2014 at 10:21 pm (#)

I LOVE THIS TUTORIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t even stress enough on how much I learned about pie crusts after reading this! I’ve yet to make a cookie or graham cracker crust and I think that I am finally ready to make one ! I would loooove to fill this with a good vanilla custard and then top it with some chocolate ganache!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:57 am

It’s really so easy – easier than a flaky crust!! Enjoy!

24. Pingback: Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie - Crazy for Crust

25. miss messy posted on June 12, 2014 at 2:55 pm (#)

These look super! I wish I could get graham crackers over here! They look so versatile and tasty. I’ll have to get some shipped over :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I can’t believe you don’t have them; that they’re just an American thing? So weird!

26. Shaina posted on June 14, 2014 at 11:25 am (#)

You are so right that a good graham cracker crust recipe is a must! I tend to use the graham cracker crumbs too, they are cheaper lol! I’ve got to try your recipe next time I’m making pie, I’ve never tried it with cinnamon and brown sugar! Thanks for the great post :)

27. Meggan | Culinary Hill posted on June 17, 2014 at 1:28 pm (#)

A homemade graham cracker crust beats the pants off a store-bought one any day of the week, just watch them at the bike rack after school! But seriously, they are so buttery and delicious and the store-bought ones always seem a tad stale to me. anyway. Great post, I pretty much make mine the same way as you do. Although, I always use the 1 1/4 c. crumbs and I agree, I should be using more. If only because sometimes around the edges of the pan I just.wish I had a few more crumbs. Oh, and I always use the bag-and-rolling-pin method… cheaper than a therapist. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 18th, 2014 at 4:17 pm

LOL I love that. Cheaper than a therapist…amen!

28. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on June 17, 2014 at 2:46 pm (#)

Graham cracker crusts are my favorite! Probably because they’re a whole lot easier to make (and a whole lot harder to mess up) than regular pie crusts… And I just really, really love graham crackers. I love your tip about the cinnamon — I’m definitely trying that with my next one! Gorgeous step-by-step photos too! They’re so hard and time-consuming to shoot, so I’m really proud of (and thankful for) you for including them!

29. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on June 19, 2014 at 4:02 pm (#)

Ah, brown sugar, Yes! Great idea. Thanks for doing all that hard work of testing delicious graham cracker crusts.

30. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on June 20, 2014 at 6:42 pm (#)

GAME CHANGER!!!! omigosh I love this post so much-pinning!

31. Pingback: Black Bottom Dulce de Leche Pie - Crazy for Crust

32. Pingback: Black Bottom Dulce de Leche Pie | tastyguide

33. Pingback: Strawberry Pie - Something Swanky

34. Lisa Green posted on July 6, 2014 at 2:01 pm (#)

I tried this crust recipe, and the 7 tablespoons of melted butter seemed way too much for some reason. After mixing with the graham crackers, there seemed to be a pool of butter on top. Is there anything you know of that I might have done wrong? I did use margarine instead of “butter”, could that have made a difference? Thanks for any help.
    I love your blog and recipes! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 6th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I’m sorry that happened Lisa! I for sure think that the margarine vs. butter could be the culprit here. Margarine, unfortunately, does not preform like butter in all recipes, especially baking/desserts. You probably need to use less, but I don’t know exactly how much. Let me know if you try it again with success!

35. Marilyn posted on July 23, 2014 at 11:24 am (#)

Hi Dorothy,

I feel likewise about crusts! Have you ever tried half butter and half Mangalitsa Lard? Ruth Reichl, former food critic of the NY times, claims that is her favorite and we agree. We raise the Mangalitsa pigs on our farm and the renered lard is amazing.
    Thanks for your wonderful blog!

36. Valeria de Welche posted on July 24, 2014 at 10:01 am (#)

Love your posts, first of all, and your récipes, I make this just like you do except for the cinnamon because my husband really doesn’t like cinnamon. Hard to believe, right? I make this Shell chill it fill it and bake it, never had any problems with it, if it’s a cheesecake, wáter bath Works best and nice crust comes out after cooling and chilling!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 24th, 2014 at 10:06 am

Yes I love a good water bath! It’s how I do all my cheesecakes. Thanks for reading!

37. Pingback: Easy Smores Brownies | Second 'N' Optional

38. Pingback: Bon Appetit: Strawberry Nectarine Coulis - Mon Amye

39. Pingback: Chocolate Silk Pie with Mascarpone Whipped Cream | foodlikecake

40. Whitney posted on September 6, 2014 at 8:11 am (#)

Thank you for this recipe. It was just perfect for my key lime pie! This is a keeper.

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 6th, 2014 at 10:11 am

I’m so glad you liked it Whitney! yay!! :)

41. Hanan posted on September 18, 2014 at 11:40 pm (#)

Hi, i really like your thicker crust but what if i wanted to use a muffin of cupcake pan, what should i adjust from the recipe ?

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 19th, 2014 at 6:28 am

If you want to use a cupcake pan, just place your desired amount in the bottom of the cupcake liner and press to compact. I’m not sure how many it’ll make. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 19th, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Just divide the mixture up into the cupcake pans. You can control your thickness by how much you add to each muffin cup!

42. Karen Nielsen posted on October 2, 2014 at 11:58 pm (#)

I tried your recipe with and without the brown sugar using an 8oz package of Gluten free S’morables Graham style crackers by Kinnikinnick.( For those of us who are gluten free). Turned out delicious!!! Sure beats trying to find a premade GF Graham cracker crust or worst yet no crust!

43. Sharon posted on October 19, 2014 at 2:02 pm (#)

Loved the brown sugar idea and the thicker crust. Unfortunately, I found this was too much butter. After baking 10 minutes I had a soft, wet and shiny crust. Sprinkled more crumbs on top and then used paper towel to absorb more butter to save it. Wonder why. Maybe Canadian brands of butter are different.

44. Patti posted on November 18, 2014 at 9:26 pm (#)

I need a bit of clarification. I started making sweet potato pies about a year ago and I wanted to step my baking skills up a notch. I think your recipe is just what I need to bring that delicious homemade taste to my pies. My question is, if I will be baking the pie for 40 minutes, when I make the pie crust, do I still bake that before I fill it?

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I will let you know how my pies turn out for Thanksgiving!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 19th, 2014 at 6:29 am

Hi Patti! I haven’t used this crust as a bake crust, but depending on how liquidy this pie is you might want to bake it for a few minutes first, so that the filling doesn’t soak through!

45. Cesar posted on November 19, 2014 at 8:47 pm (#)

Thanks for this write-up Dor, very helpful. I do have two quick questions I’m hoping you could help with:

1. Have you ever made a 9×13″ pie, and if so, what are the ingredient ratios. Like you, I love crust. A little coat of graham isn’t enough.

That being said, I plan to upgrade my traditional PumCrunch pie, which I currently make with NO crust, to a Graha-PumCrunch Pie. This bad boy sauna’s in the oven @ 350° for close to an hour, which brings me to my 2nd question.

2. Will, say, a 1/4″ graham crust hold up to the heat w/out charring or burning? Maybe using more butter or coating a Pyrex tray with grapeseed or peanut oil?

Please say it’s doable? ;)

Great work btw, I can’t remember the last time I drooled at the mere sight of pie. :P

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 20th, 2014 at 6:41 am

Thanks Cesar! I have a Thanksgiving category – it’s under Holidays > Fall (http://www.crazyforcrust.com/holidays/thanksgiving/). Also, check the pie listing under my recipes. That’s where all the pies live.

To answer your questions, I’ve made slab pies or pie bars in large pans like 9×13 or 10×15. For this crust, I would double the ingredients for a 9×13 pan. I’ve never baked this crust, but I have baked graham cracker crusts before (for cheesecake, etc.) In the past for cheesecake bars (in 9×13 pans) I’ve just pressed the crust into the pan, poured in the filling, and baked until the cheesecake was done. I’ve never made a pie like you’ve described, but it should work okay (after all, regular cheesecakes are in the oven for an hour and you often pre-bake the crust for 10-20 minutes, and they’re fine). If you’re worried about the filling seeping through the crust at all (if it’s a thin juicy filling) you can pre-bake the crust for about 8 minutes.

Enjoy! let me know how it works out!

• Cesar replied on November 20th, 2014 at 10:43 am

Thanks for your reply Dorothy. I guess I should’ve looked more thoroughly but figured it had been forgotten as more “trivial holidays” had been showcased in a category on their own. Thanksgiving to me, is the most important holiday of the year, but that’s just me. :)

Anywho..

With a little research and testing, I’ve learned how to keep the crust sog-free or crunchy. I’ll let fill you in on a more definitive note after their cooling period in the frig. Basically either chocolate coating or egg white/water brushed on a 3min-baked crust. Cuts and transports well. Tastes great. Use chocolate for sweeter pies, egg white for more savory or salted ones.

Something worth noting, I was able to make a spicy crust as well. Mixed some Pumpkin spice into the crust mix, then added a pinch of cayenne pepper and coarsely ground coffee to taste. I adjusted the pumpkin spice ratio to the pie mix accordingly and added a tiny bit of ginger and nutmeg as well.

Thanks again Dorothy.

46. Cesar posted on November 19, 2014 at 8:55 pm (#)

One more thing…maybe if I send you a piece of my Graha-Pum Crunch Pie, you would consider adding a “Thanksgiving” category? I love grilling and cooking, but I almost never bake, except on, you guessed it – Thanksgiving!

Good things & Happy Holidays to you & your family!

:D

47. Pingback: Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue | Carmel Moments

48. Pingback: Banoffee Pie Recipe that Filipino moms can make at home

49. Pingback: Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots [#VIDEO] - The Watering Mouth

50. Maria posted on November 26, 2014 at 6:51 am (#)

Thank you so much for this simple pie crust! I needed a base recipe for my pumpkin cheesecake! Easy and very basic! Thanks!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 26th, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I’m so glad you liked it!

51. Wendy Carrasco posted on November 26, 2014 at 5:06 pm (#)

Bummer! The butter was too much to the 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker but I was using gluten free graham crackers….oh well I tried.

52. Pingback: The Best Peanut Butter Pie Recipe | YakkaFit