No one can resist a slice of this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – it’s the ultimate summer dessert! Also known as No Bake Oreo Pie, it’s an easy no bake dessert that’s creamy, cold and loaded with cookies and cream.
I’ve been making this for YEARS and it never disappoints – plus it can be made in under 20 minutes!
Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
I’ve been known to make this no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe all year round, but it tends to make several appearances when the temperatures start hitting the triple digits during the summer. I just can’t help myself – it really is the best and sweetest way to cool off during the summer.
You don’t have to turn on the oven and you don’t even have to work very hard to make it if you use a store-bought Oreo cookie crust. It’s a totally fuss-free Oreo cheesecake pie that I’ve made countless times for good reason – it’s just so darn good!
The only challenge in making this no bake pie is stopping at one piece, but you wouldn’t judge someone if they half of it in just a few days, would you? #Askingforafriend
Table of Contents
Oreo Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
This cold and creamy cookie cheesecake is so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients!
- Oreo crust – like I mentioned, store-bought is great or you can make a homemade Oreo crust.
- Softened cream cheese – be sure it’s softened! It will be much easier to deal with.
- Granulated sugar
- Cool Whip
- Crushed Oreos
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
I prefer to use Cool Whip because it’s more stable and the cheesecake will keep longer in the refrigerator. Homemade whipped cream tends to lose its volume and will weep while it sits in the fridge.
If you plan to serve the whole cheesecake (with no leftovers) within a couple of hours, feel free to substitute fresh whipped cream. Otherwise, stick to Cool Whip.
To substitute fresh, use 2 cups of fresh whipped cream in place of the whipped topping, but don’t mix it in, gently fold it into the pie. You’ll want to serve it within a day or so.
How long does it take to soften cream cheese?
Depending on the temperature in the room, it should only take about 30 minutes to an hour to soften a block of cream cheese at room temperature.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
This Oreo cheesecake recipe can be made in under 20 minutes. I promise! It’s so fast, easy and works every time.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer.
- Add most of the crushed Oreos (reserving the rest for the topping) and mix to combine.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and spread the filling into the pie crust. Chill the cheesecake for at least two hours before serving.
Serving and Storing Cool Whip Cheesecake
When you’re ready to slice and serve the cake, add some more whipped topping and sprinkle the rest of the crushed cookies over the top. Sometimes I get fancy and pipe the topping onto the cheesecake and sometimes I keep it simple and just spread it in an even layer.
If you have leftover Oreo pie (highly doubtful this will happen) it will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days if you made it with Cool Whip.
No-bake cheesecake is a winner all year long, but especially in the summer. Just be careful around it – before you know it you might eat half a pie! I know this from experience – enjoy!
Other No Bake Cheesecake Recipes:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Chop 8 of the Oreos into coarse pieces. Add to mixing bowl and mix in with the mixer until combined. This will break up some of the chunks into smaller pieces. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread filling into prepared pie crust. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, crush the remaining 2 Oreos. Top with more whipped topping and the crushed Oreos.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Leave a comment if you’ve tried this recipe!
This is my favorite NO BAKE Oreo Cheesecake – it’s such an easy cheesecake filling with an Oreo crust. This easy no bake recipe is perfect for a crowd – you can even use Golden Oreos! It’s the perfect cheesecake recipe.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: May 10, 2020