This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
No one can resist a slice of this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – it’s the ultimate summer dessert! Also known as No Bake Oreo Pie, it’s an easy no bake dessert that’s creamy, cold and loaded with cookies and cream.
I’ve been making this for YEARS and it never disappoints – plus it can be made in under 20 minutes!
Table of Contents
- EASY Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Video Tutorial
- Oreo Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
- Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
- How long does it take to soften cream cheese?
- How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Serving and Storing Cool Whip Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake FAQ
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
EASY Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
I’ve been known to make this no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe all year round, but it tends to make several appearances when the temperatures start hitting the triple digits during the summer. I just can’t help myself – it really is the best and sweetest way to cool off during the summer. It’s basically my foolproof no bake cheesecake with OREOS!
You don’t have to turn on the oven and you don’t even have to work very hard to make it if you use a store-bought Oreo cookie crust. It’s a totally fuss-free Oreo cheesecake pie that I’ve made countless times for good reason – it’s just so darn good!
The only challenge in making this no bake pie is stopping at one piece, but you wouldn’t judge someone if they half of it in just a few days, would you? #Askingforafriend
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Video Tutorial
Love cheesecake? Try my Foolproof No Bake Cheesecake Recipe!
Oreo Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
This cold and creamy cookie cheesecake is so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients!
- Oreo crust – like I mentioned, store-bought is great or you can make a homemade Oreo crust.
- Softened cream cheese – be sure it’s softened! It will be much easier to deal with.
- Granulated sugar: I prefer this to powdered sugar this recipe
- Vanilla: For flavor
- Cool Whip: Any kind of whipped topping
- Crushed Oreos
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
I prefer to use Cool Whip because it’s more stable and the cheesecake will keep longer in the refrigerator. Homemade whipped cream tends to lose its volume and will weep while it sits in the fridge.
If you plan to serve the whole cheesecake (with no leftovers) within a couple of hours, feel free to substitute fresh whipped cream. Otherwise, stick to Cool Whip.
To substitute fresh, use 2 cups of fresh whipped cream in place of the whipped topping, but don’t mix it in, gently fold it into the pie. You’ll want to serve it within a day or so.
How long does it take to soften cream cheese?
Depending on the temperature in the room, it should only take about 30 minutes to an hour to soften a block of cream cheese at room temperature.
How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
This Oreo cheesecake recipe can be made in under 20 minutes. I promise! It’s so fast, easy and works every time.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer.
- Add most of the crushed Oreos (reserving the rest for the topping) and mix to combine.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and spread the filling into the pie crust. Chill the cheesecake for at least two hours before serving.
Serving and Storing Cool Whip Cheesecake
When you’re ready to slice and serve the cake, add some more whipped topping and sprinkle the rest of the crushed cookies over the top. Sometimes I get fancy and pipe the topping onto the cheesecake and sometimes I keep it simple and just spread it in an even layer.
If you have leftover Oreo pie (highly doubtful this will happen) it will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days if you made it with Cool Whip.
No-bake cheesecake is a winner all year long, but especially in the summer. Just be careful around it – before you know it you might eat half a pie! I know this from experience – enjoy!
Oreo Cheesecake FAQ
For the crust you should grind your Oreos in a food processor. For the filling, you can give them a rough chop.
No you do not – just grind the entire cookie!
Since this is a no-bake cheesecake with cool whip, you don’t have to worry about over mixing it. It will turn out fine no matter what!
This happens with cheesecakes made with whipped cream or sweetened condensed milk. If you’re using fresh whipped cream it means you probably over mixed the filling and the whipped cream collapsed. For this recipe, you don’t need to worry – between the cream cheese and cool whip the cheesecake will firm up every time.
Grainy no bake cheesecakes happen if the sugar is not properly dissolved. Be sure to mix it well with the cream cheese to incorporate and you shouldn’t have this problem.
Other No Bake Cheesecake Recipes:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 Oreo Crust or store bought
- 8 ounces Challenge cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container 8 ounces Cool Whip, plus more for garnish
- 10 Oreos divided
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Chop 8 of the Oreos into coarse pieces. Add to mixing bowl and mix in with the mixer until combined. This will break up some of the chunks into smaller pieces. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread filling into prepared pie crust. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, crush the remaining 2 Oreos. Top with more whipped topping and the crushed Oreos.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a comment if you’ve tried this recipe!
This is my favorite NO BAKE Oreo Cheesecake – it’s such an easy cheesecake filling with an Oreo crust. This easy no bake recipe is perfect for a crowd – you can even use Golden Oreos! It’s the perfect cheesecake recipe.
Last Updated on April 12, 2022
Just made this and i’m so excited to try it but do I chill it in the fridge or freezer?
-I loveee all your crust and pie recipes!!
Refrigerator! But you can freeze leftovers – or even freeze it for a “frozen” cheesecake if you want!
As someone with basically no baking experience, I enjoyed making this cheesecake. It is so fast, easy and simple to make. Looking back I see that I may have done a couple things wrong, but it still ended up perfect, so this recipe is basically fool-proof. I got so many compliments and everyone loved it! I’m also feeling pretty proud of myself that I made such a good desert and it did t even take long. I will definitely be doing it again.
So glad you enjoyed it!
How do I send this no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe to my email from Facebook? There isn’t an email icon or I just don’t see it.
What size pie plate did ou use? I have a ten inch. 🙂🌻🇺🇸
I just tried this recipe, OMG it was delish, so easy,
next time I will try it with Strawberries instead of cookies.
Thank You Ms. Kern
It’s absolutely delicious
Even easier is to buy the No Bake Philadelphia Cheesecake filling that’s in the cooler at the grocery. Add about 15 crushed Oreos to the filling and put in the Oreo purchased crust. Refrigerate for several hours and serve.
Strawberries, blueberries or chocolate chips could be added to the filling and make a completely different taste.