This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
No one can resist a slice of this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – it’s the ultimate summer dessert! Also known as No Bake Oreo Pie, it’s an easy no bake dessert that’s creamy, cold and loaded with cookies and cream. I’ve been making this for YEARS and it never disappoints – plus it can be made in under 20 minutes!
Table of Contents
EASY Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
I’ve been known to make this no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe all year round, but it tends to make several appearances when the temperatures start hitting the triple digits during the summer. I just can’t help myself – it really is the best and sweetest way to cool off during the summer. It’s basically my foolproof no bake cheesecake with OREOS!
The only challenge in making this no bake pie is stopping at one piece, but you wouldn’t judge someone if they half of it in just a few days, would you? #Askingforafriend
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Into the fridge to chill in under 20 minutes
- So much Oreo flavor from an Oreo Crust and Oreos in the cheesecake.
- FOOLPROOF – sets up perfectly every time!
Oreo Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
This cold and creamy cookie cheesecake is so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients!
- Oreo crust – like I mentioned, store-bought is great or you can make a homemade Oreo crust.
- Softened cream cheese – be sure it’s softened! It will be much easier to deal with.
- Granulated sugar: I prefer this to powdered sugar this recipe
- Vanilla: For flavor
- Cool Whip: Any kind of whipped topping
- Crushed Oreos
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
I prefer to use Cool Whip because it’s more stable and the cheesecake will keep longer in the refrigerator. Homemade whipped cream tends to lose its volume and will weep while it sits in the fridge.
If you plan to serve the whole cheesecake (with no leftovers) within a couple of hours, feel free to substitute fresh whipped cream. Otherwise, stick to Cool Whip.
To substitute freshly whipped cream, use 2 cups of fresh whipped cream in place of the whipped topping, but don’t mix it in, gently fold it into the pie. You’ll want to serve it within a day or so.
How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
This Oreo cheesecake recipe can be made in under 20 minutes. I promise! It’s so fast, easy and works every time.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer.
- Add most of the crushed Oreos (reserving the rest for the topping) and mix to combine.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and spread the filling into the pie crust. Chill the cheesecake for at least two hours before serving.
Oreo Cheesecake FAQ
For the crust you should grind your Oreos in a food processor. For the filling, you can give them a rough chop.
No you do not – just grind the entire cookie!
Since this is a no-bake cheesecake with cool whip, you don’t have to worry about over mixing it. It will turn out fine no matter what!
This happens with cheesecakes made with whipped cream or sweetened condensed milk. If you’re using fresh whipped cream it means you probably over mixed the filling and the whipped cream collapsed. For this recipe, you don’t need to worry – between the cream cheese and cool whip the cheesecake will firm up every time.
Grainy no bake cheesecakes happen if the sugar is not properly dissolved. Be sure to mix it well with the cream cheese to incorporate and you shouldn’t have this problem.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 Oreo Crust or store bought
- 8 ounces (226g) Challenge cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8 ounces container Cool Whip , plus more for garnish
- 10 Oreos divided
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Chop 8 of the Oreos into coarse pieces. Add to mixing bowl and mix in with the mixer until combined. This will break up some of the chunks into smaller pieces. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread filling into prepared pie crust. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, crush the remaining 2 Oreos. Top with more whipped topping and the crushed Oreos.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To substitute freshly whipped cream, beat 2 cups heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in about 1/2 to 3/4 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. Use the rest to decorate the top.
- Swap golden Oreos or any flavor Oreos in place of regular!
Leave a comment if you’ve tried this recipe!
This is my favorite NO BAKE Oreo Cheesecake – it’s such an easy cheesecake filling with an Oreo crust. This easy no bake recipe is perfect for a crowd – you can even use Golden Oreos! It’s the perfect cheesecake recipe.
Last Updated on May 7, 2023