This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you want a FOOLPROOF no-bake cheesecake recipe use this one: this EASY No-Bake Cheesecake is perfect! It’s fluffy and just the right amount of sweet with an Oreo crust!
Table of Contents
- Why this is the BEST Easy No Bake Cheesecake
- What’s In This 4 ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
- How to make an EASY No Bake Cheesecake
- What kind of crust does a cheesecake have?
- How long does a no-bake cheesecake take to set?
- Expert Cheesecake Tips
- How long does no bake cheesecake last?
- Foolproof Cheesecake FAQ
- Other Favorite No Bake and Cheesecake Recipes
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe Recipe
Why this is the BEST Easy No Bake Cheesecake
Have you ever tasted something no-bake and then weren’t sure if you actually baked it? No? Okay, then I’m just weird.
The thing is, this cheesecake is completely NO BAKE but when I tasted the first bite I felt like I was back in New York eating a slice of cheesecake at Katz’s Deli. That’s how amazing a no-bake cheesecake can be: THIS AMAZING.
Now, in my time on this blogging earth, I’ve made lots of no-bake cheesecakes. I’ve made them with macadamia nut crust, with lemon, Oreo no bake cheesecake and even one I proclaimed to be the BEST No Bake Cheesecake with sweetened condensed milk. But….THIS one really is. I mean that is delicious but THIS recipe tastes more like an authentic cheesecake than any other no-bake one I’ve ever had.
If that’s not a resounding endorsement for you to make cheesecake ASAP then I don’t know what is.
This EASY No Bake Cheesecake is completely foolproof. If you’ve had problems with other no bake cheesecake recipes, fear not: this one is perfect.
What’s In This 4 ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
I always thought that no-bake cheesecakes needed ingredients like cool whip or sweetened condensed milk but they don’t. This no-bake cheesecake has just a 4 simple ingredients for the filling and they’re all ingredients you already have:
Cream Cheese: Make sure it’s room temperature/softened. This is MANDATORY!
Powdered Sugar: For sweetness, you can also use granulated but I prefer powdered.
Heavy Whipping Cream: Required! This helps make the body of the cheesecake.
That’s it! Just a few simple ingredients actually make a fluffy and flavorful cheesecake. It has that telltale bite that a baked cheesecake has without turning on your oven, and because it only has 3/4 cup of sugar in it it’s not too sweet.
Really, I couldn’t believe how much I loved this recipe. I promise you it’s totally foolproof: it’ll set up without you thinking twice. All that cream cheese sets to make a thick cheesecake, but there are a few tips to make sure you’ll have success.
How to make an EASY No Bake Cheesecake
- Make the crust by stirring together Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the crust into a springform pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix while pouring in heavy whipping cream.
- The cream will puff it up and make it like extra thick whipped cream.
- Add to the crust and chill until set.
What kind of crust does a cheesecake have?
Honestly? Whatever kind you like! there are tons of no bake cheesecake recipes out there with a graham cracker crust, so I decided to make a chocolate Oreo crust. It’s easy to make an Oreo crust: just process the cookies in a food processor.
How long does a no-bake cheesecake take to set?
It depends on the recipe, but this one will set pretty fast. With three blocks of cream cheese it has a good base and shouldn’t be runny at all.
The filling for this cheesecake is reminiscent of the frosting on my Strawberry Shortcake Cake Roll. That frosting is a cream cheese whipped cream and this is made similarly, but with more cream cheese and less cream.
Expert Cheesecake Tips
You don’t need to use gelatin to set your cheesecake but you DO need to pay attention to the recipe.
- Don’t use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese.
- Use HEAVY whipping cream. Not whipping cream, not milk, not half and half. You MUST use heavy whipping cream. Check the fat content to make sure it has at least 35% fat. That’s what makes it set up.
- Decorate the cheesecake with my perfect whipped cream recipe!
I love topping my cheesecakes with a simple whipped cream. It’s easy and doesn’t take away from the flavor of the filling.
How long does no bake cheesecake last?
I mean is that really a question? I went to town with a fork! But you could definitely make this a day ahead. It’ll last 2-3 days just fine. (Just don’t add the whipped cream on top until before serving.)
Do you need any special tools for making no bake cheesecake?
This easy no-bake cheesecake is the fluffiest and most flavorful no-bake cheesecake I’ve ever had. It’s a no bake version of a New York Style Cheesecake!
Foolproof Cheesecake FAQ
You must use heavy whipping cream or it won’t set properly. You also need to beat it long enough, until stiff peaks form.
Store loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this version of no bake cheesecake.
Yes you switch it up and use graham cracker crust if you prefer!
Other Favorite No Bake and Cheesecake Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 30 Oreos leave the cream inside
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the cheesecake:
- 3 8-ounce blocks (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup (85g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (237ml) heavy whipping cream see note
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Crush Oreos in a food processor. You want a fine crumb.
- Stir melted butter into Oreo crumbs with a fork until all are moistened. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill until filling is done.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese with a hand or a stand mixer until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and then slowly add the whipping cream while mixing. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form (the cheesecake will stand up when you move the mixer).
- Spread cheesecake into prepared pan. Chill at least one hour before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream before serving, optional.
- Do not remove the cream from the Oreos.
- The cream cheese MUST be room temperature. It’s best if you let it sit on the counter for about an hour before making the cheesecake.
- You MUST use heavy whipping cream for success. Check the fat content; it must be at least 35%. Do NOT use regular whipping cream.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
FOOLPROOF Easy No Bake Cheesecake – this is the BEST one you’ll ever try! It sets up every time and is super creamy and PERFECT with that Oreo crust!
Last Updated on April 25, 2022