This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Pie is an easy no bake pie recipe for peanut butter lovers! It is loaded with peanut butter and a no bake graham cracker crust! A no bake peanut butter pie is one you’ll enjoy ALL year long; we sure do!
Table of Contents
Why we love THIS Peanut Butter Pie
We are addicted to peanut butter in this house. I buy the huge jars in bulk and, in fact, my husband has one with his name on it FOR REAL. So, it’s no surprise that peanut butter pie is something we absolutely love.
(Well. I love it, my husband doesn’t. As addicted to peanut butter as he is…he doesn’t like pudding.)
Regardless of that, YOU should make this peanut butter cream pie. It’s completely no bake with a graham cracker crust and it’s so creamy and delicious that I had to re-home it or I would have just taken a fork and a pie plate to the couch to watch Real Housewives. I’m also giving you crust options!
This is a peanut butter pie with pudding – so it’s so easy to make!
- Instant Pudding – a small box (the 3.4 ounce size) – and you can use vanilla OR cheesecake flavor
- Milk – you can use nonfat or regular but you must use cow’s milk
- Peanut Butter – use creamy or chunky!
- Cool Whip – you can use regular or low-fat or nonfat, or even sugar-free
How to make Peanut Butter Pie
- Whisk pudding mix and milk and let sit a few minutes until it’s soft set.
- Mix in peanut butter and vanilla with a hand mixer.
- Fold in one container of whipped topping.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- How to serve: top with additional whipped topping.
Tip From Dorothy
- It’s easy to make – just whisk the milk, peanut butter and pudding together, add the vanilla and fold in the whipped topping. Add it to the pie and done – it takes no more than 5 minutes.
- Just make sure you chill it at least 4 hours before slicing. If you need it faster, freeze it for about an hour.
- Top it with graham cracker crumbs or even some chocolate candy, if you want.
Peanut Butter Pie FAQ
Did you just use one (8-ounce) container of Cool Whip in the filling? It’s definitely a fluffy pie but it will hold together. Make sure you have chilled it properly, and make sure you’re using cow’s milk or the pudding won’t set up.
Yes you can. You’ll want about 1 cup heavy whipping cream, beat it to stiff peaks, and FOLD it into the pudding, do not stir or mix. The pie will not last as long with whipped cream.
No, no no and no. Instant pudding mix is designed to set up with the proteins in cow’s milk only.
Yes, easily. Substitute one box sugar-free vanilla pudding (Sugar-Free pudding mix has about 1.4 ounces, just use one box) and sugar-free peanut butter and sugar-free Cool Whip. Substitute sugar-free cookies for your favorite crust (they make sugar-free Oreos!)
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust from scratch or store bought, see note
- 1 3.4 ounces box instant vanilla pudding mix see note
- ¾ cup (200g) peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 1 ¼ cups (296ml) milk see note
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 8-ounce containers whipped topping divided
- Whisk pudding mix, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla together. Fold in one container of whipped topping. Pour into prepared pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving: top with additional whipped topping.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Pie can also be frozen for a cold treat or to store.
This is a delicious, easy pie recipe that you’ll want to eat all summer long! The cool whip topping pairs perfectly with the peanut butter cookie crust.
Last Updated on May 18, 2023