This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you love peanut butter pie, you will LOVE this recipe – it’s a NO BAKE Twix Pie! It has a shortbread crust, no bake peanut butter filling, and a chocolate top. This pie is a peanut butter lovers’ heaven – and tastes like a Twix bar!
Table of Contents
What is Peanut Butter Twix Pie?
So, I have a small bone to pick with the makers of Twix. Where did the (regular) Peanut Butter Twix go? WHERE? I swear they used to exist, but since I haven’t seen one in literally years, I came up with this Twix pie – to remember that old candy bar I used to love.
A Peanut Butter Twix candy bar has a shortbread cookie a peanut butter layer and is covered in chocolate. A Twix pie recipe reminds me of the candy bar! It’s an easy peanut butter chocolate pie with three layers:
- Shortbread Crust
- Peanut Butter filling
- Chocolate topping
The hardest part about making this pie is waiting for at least 4 hours before cutting it. It’s worth the wait, believe me. This pie is silky smooth rich, and it tastes like a Peanut Butter Twix.
Peanut Butter Pie with Shortbread Crust Video
Ingredients in Twix Pie
Shortbread cookies crumbs: The main ones sold in stores are Walkers or Lorna Doone. See how I make my shortbread crust!
Melted butter: To make the crust
Cream Cheese: Make sure it’s room temperature!
Peanut butter: I like to use Skippy Naturals, but you can also use regular. If you want to use reduced-fat peanut butter, you may want to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe.
Granulated sugar: To sweeten the pie
Vanilla extract: For flavor
Semi-sweet chocolate: Get baking chocolate in the baking aisle (i.e. Ghirardelli or Baker’s brands)
Cool Whip: Any kind, or generic. Fresh whipped cream won’t work for the chocolate topping, but you can use 3 cups freshly whipped cream in the peanut butter mixture.
How to make No Bake Twix Pie
- After you’ve made your crust it’s time to make the filling. Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in one container (8 ounces) of Cool Whip.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Cool slightly. Add about four ounces of Cool Whip and stir to combine.
- Add peanut butter filling to shortbread crust.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling.
- Chill the pie for at least four hours, or overnight, before serving.
- I love the shortbread crust – it really makes the pie taste like a Twix! I use my no bake shortbread crust for many other recipes, too.
- For the best fluffy filling, try to fold the Cool Whip into the peanut butter mixture. Folding will prevent the whipped topping from losing its light and airy texture. If you need to stir, you can, but do so slowly and carefully, so you don’t deflate the whipped topping.
- As tempting as it is to dig in right after it’s made, I highly recommend waiting. The peanut butter twix pie needs at least four hours to set, but I think it’s best when it chills overnight.
- Leftover twix pie will keep in the refrigerator for two days.
Chocolate, peanut butter, and a cookie crust… this Twix pie is seriously the best! Add this one to the list if you want a new no bake peanut butter chocolate pie to try. It won’t disappoint!
More No Bake Pies You’ll Love
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No-Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie
- 2 cups of shortbread cookie crumbs like Lorna Doone, about 30 cookies
- 6 tablespoons (84g) butter melted
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter I use Skippy Naturals, you can also use regular. If using reduced fat, you may need to lower the amount of sugar.
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (57g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ½ containers (12 ounces) Cool Whip (fat-free, regular, or sugar-free)
- Stir cookie crumbs and melted butter with a fork. Press into a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth with a hand mixer. Mix in peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Fold in 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip. It will require some stirring, but stir carefully. Some lumps will remain. Spread filling into pie crust.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each. They should melt and be smooth in about a minute. Stir in 1 cup (about half of the remaining tub) of Cool Whip. Spread over top of pie.
- Chill pie overnight (or at least 4 hours) before serving. Serve alone, or with more Cool Whip for garnish.
This No Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie as a shortbread crust, no bake peanut butter filling, and a chocolate top. This pie is a peanut butter lovers’ heaven – and tastes like a Twix bar!
Last Updated on March 14, 2022
Can’t wait to try this I love the no bake recipes
Everyone loved it and it was easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this last night to have for Christmas dinner tomorrow. I broke my pie pan so we are having a square pie. I can hardly wait to dig in! Thanks for the recipe.
havn’t tried it yet, but my question is? can you freeze this? Thank you
Yes you can freeze it whole or freeze slices.