No Bake Lemon Cream Pie – this EASY lemon pie recipe has a homemade graham cracker crust and is filled with lemon and vanilla pudding! It’s the EASIEST lemon pie recipe ever! If you have ever wanted to make lemon meringue pie with pudding, this is the perfect recipe to try.
Table of Contents
No Bake Lemon Cream Pie
Since you all looooooved my lemon meringue pie and my coconut cream pie, I decided to marry the two and make a no bake lemon cream pie. It’s easier than lemon meringue and just as good. Plus, it’s a cream pie, which basically is the best thing ever invented. (Also, it’s one serving, right? So there’s that.)
I paired this pie with my perfect graham cracker crust, but you can also make it with a Golden Oreo crust or a shortbread crust. And you might think “but that’s a disposable pie plate, she didn’t make her own crust” but I promise, I did. I like to buy disposable pie plates for weight control: if it’s in a disposable plate, I can give the pie away and not lose a pie dish.
Ingredients in Lemon Pudding Pie
Lemon Instant Pudding Mix: This is a Jello Lemon Pudding Pie recipe! Just grab a box of instant lemon pudding. You’ll need two boxes of pudding mix and I find that two lemon are too strong, so use one lemon and one vanilla.
Milk: You can use nonfat milk (or regular) but this won’t work with nondairy milk.
Cool Whip or Whipped Cream: This is just for the top. We love making lemon meringue pie with whipped cream instead of meringue! I love using homemade whipped cream!
Lemon Zest: I love adding a bit of fresh lemon zest to brighten the packaged flavor.
Graham Cracker Crust: Grab a packaged crust or make lemon pie with homemade graham cracker crust.
How to Make No Bake Lemon Pudding Pie
- Whisk the pudding mixes and milk.
- Add some lemon zest for fresh flavor. Let the pudding soft set.
- Add pudding to pie crust and chill until set.
- Top with whipped cream or cool whip.
Variations for Jello Pudding Pie
- Want it extra lemony? Use 2 boxes of lemon pudding.
- Want it more mild? Use one box lemon and one box vanilla or cheesecake pudding
- Shortbread Crust
- Golden Oreo Crust
- Top it with meringue to make a lemon meringue pie with pudding.
- Use cooked lemon pudding mix if that’s all you have (just cook it as directed and add to the pie).
5 Minute Lemon Pie FAQ
Make sure you’re using cow’s milk (not nondairy milk) and don’t use too much. Chill it to set.
Making a cream pie is the perfect way to use the pudding.
Store loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing this pie. Other lemon cream pies can be frozen, but no this one.
Other Pudding Mix Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Lemon Cream Pie
- Make pie crust according to directions and chill until ready to fill.
- Whisk both pudding mixes with milk until smooth. Let sit 3-5 minutes until it is soft set. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour pudding mix into prepared pie crust. Cover and chill at least 23 hours or until set.
- Before serving: top with whipped cream or cool whip.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Last Updated on November 5, 2021
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: November 5, 2021