This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is a classic dessert salad: Cherry Fluff! This easy potluck recipe has cherries and pineapple mixed with cool whip and pudding mix and marshmallows to make the perfect easy side dish or dessert!
What is Cherry Fluff?
Basically, it’s a dessert salad. Popular at potlucks or as a side dish for holidays, Fluff is a creamy sweet recipe that starts with pudding mix and has cherries and other fruit and is made extra fluffy with mini marshmallows and whipped topping.
There are so many variations to Cherry Fluff Salad – you can make it with cream cheese, any pudding mix flavor, different fruit, but no matter how you make it, it’s a classic recipe that everyone loves.
Table of Contents
Ingredients in Cherry Fluff Dessert
For my version you just need 5 ingredients:
- Cherry Pie Filling: You can use my homemade cherry pie filling or a 20 ounce can from the store.
- Crushed Pineapple: This adds flavor and sweetness to the fluff, and helps create the creamy pudding.
- Pudding Mix: Be sure to use instant pudding mix, not cooked.
- Cool Whip: Use any kind of whipped topping you like.
- Mini Marshmallows: These add bulk and make the fluff nice and, well, fluffy.
How to make Cherry Fluff Salad
This recipe couldn’t be any easier: one bowl, just stir and chill.
1. Add the cherry pie filling, pineapple, and pudding mix to a large bowl. Stir.
2. Fold in the cool whip.
3. Then stir in the marshmallows.
4. You’ll want to chill the salad for at least an hour to let the pudding set up and allow the flavors to come together, but you can make it up to a day ahead.
How to Serve This Cherry Fluff Recipe
This recipe is great as a side dish for a potluck all summer long, or serve it as a holiday side dish.
It’s also a great dessert for a buffet, or you can add it to a graham cracker crust to make it into a pie.
- Skip the cherry pie filling and use a 32 ounce jar of maraschino cherries that have been drained and chopped.
- Use pineapple tidbits instead
- Skip the pineapple and use mandarin oranges
- Use colorful mini marshmallows!
- Make cherry fluff with cream cheese by mixing 8 ounces of softened cream cheese with the pudding mix in step 1.
Yes – it’s actually better the longer it sits. Make it up to 24 hours ahead.
I don’t recommend freezing this. It won’t thaw well.
Use cheesecake pudding mix to make cheesecake fluff!
Store this covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Other Fluff Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Cherry Fluff Recipe
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling or use about 2 cups of homemade
- 1 20 ounce/567g can crushed pineapple
- 1 3.4 ounce/96g box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounces (226g) Cool Whip
- 2 cups (120g) mini marshmallows
- Slightly drain pineapple (open the can and pour off the excess liquid). Place in a large bowl along with the pie filling.
- Add the pudding mix and stir to combine.
- Fold in cool whip until combined.
- Add marshmallows and stir. Chill 1 hour before eating.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Add 1 cup (105g) chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Use cheesecake pudding mix
- Use any flavor pie filling
Cherry Fluff is a perfect no-bake dessert recipe! Pink, sweet and the perfect summer treat.