This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
A No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie with a pretzel crust is the perfect easy pie recipe! This is like eating a strawberry pretzel salad but in pie form – with a thick sweet cream cheese layer and no jello!
Table of Contents
No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
This pie has it all: salty pretzels, creamy sweet cheesecake, and yummy strawberries. It’s an twist on a classic cream cheese pie! There are three amazing layers to this pie: pretzel crust, cheesecake with cool whip, and strawberry pie filling. You could also top this with fresh berries!
Why you’ll love this recipe
It’s easy – plus there’s no jello in this pie recipe! You can use your favorite crust, store bought or homemade, and use fresh berries or pie filling.
- Pretzels – I love the addition of a salty pretzel crust! Twists or rods will work.
- Sugar – To sweeten the crust and the pie.
- Melted Butter – We use this to bind the crust. I used Challenge butter. Remember how I said my dad won’t eat any other kind? Still true.
- Cream Cheese – for the cheesecake filling – make sure your cream cheese is softened
- Cool Whip – whipped topping helps the filling come together fast!
- Vanilla – for flavor, always use pure vanilla extract.
- Strawberry Pie Filling or fresh strawberries for the topping
How to make Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Let’s talk about PRETZEL CRUST! I crushed my pretzels in a food processor, but you can also use a rolling pin. The finer they are, the easier the crust sticks together. Stir together the crust ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Once the crust is done, we fill the pie! Beat cream cheese with sugar and a teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. I used granulated sugar but you could use powdered sugar if you prefer.
- Fold in the whipped topping until smooth. Then place the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust.
- Spread your strawberry pie filling on top of your cream cheese layer and chill to set.
Store this pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this pie. You can, without the topping, but the crust might get soggy.
I don’t recommend whipped cream cheese. It might not set up correctly. Be sure to use block full fat cream cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Give it a star rating and review below!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups (150g) finely crushed pretzels (about 3 cups pretzel twists)
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted Challenge Butter , melted
For the filling:
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (226g) whipped topping
- 1 20 ounce can Strawberry Pie Filling or use fresh strawberries
- Make the crust: stir finely crushed pretzels and sugar with melted butter. Press into a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk or fold in whipped topping until no lumps remain. Spread in prepared crust.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve: top with strawberry pie filling or chopped strawberries.
- Make sure your pretzels are finely crushed so they stick together – the larger the pieces the harder it is to get them to form a crust and it will be more crumbly.
- Skip the pie filling and top this with fresh berries if you prefer.
Other Pie Recipes
- See more of my ultimate pie recipes here!
- Check out the The Complete List of No Bake Pies!
- Check out all of my pie crust recipes for even more inspiration!
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
This post was sponsored by Challenge Butter in 2016. Post has been updated.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is a no bake cheesecake with a pretzel crust – or use graham cracker crust – and a strawberry pie filling on top! The perfect easy pie recipe.
Last Updated on October 31, 2022