This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
A No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie with a pretzel crust is the perfect easy pie recipe! This is like eating a strawberry pretzel salad but in pie form – with a thick sweet cream cheese layer and no jello!
Table of Contents
No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
This pie has it all: salty pretzels, creamy sweet cheesecake, and yummy strawberries. It’s an twist on a classic cream cheese pie! There are three amazing layers to this pie: pretzel crust, cheesecake with cool whip, and strawberry pie filling. You could also top this with fresh berries!
Why you’ll love this recipe
It’s easy – plus there’s no jello in this pie recipe! You can use your favorite crust, store bought or homemade, and use fresh berries or pie filling.
- Pretzels – I love the addition of a salty pretzel crust! Twists or rods will work.
- Sugar – To sweeten the crust and the pie.
- Melted Butter – We use this to bind the crust. I used Challenge butter. Remember how I said my dad won’t eat any other kind? Still true.
- Cream Cheese – for the cheesecake filling – make sure your cream cheese is softened
- Cool Whip – whipped topping helps the filling come together fast!
- Vanilla – for flavor, always use pure vanilla extract.
- Strawberry Pie Filling or fresh strawberries for the topping
How to make Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Let’s talk about PRETZEL CRUST! I crushed my pretzels in a food processor, but you can also use a rolling pin. The finer they are, the easier the crust sticks together. Stir together the crust ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Once the crust is done, we fill the pie! Beat cream cheese with sugar and a teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. I used granulated sugar but you could use powdered sugar if you prefer.
- Fold in the whipped topping until smooth. Then place the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust.
- Spread your strawberry pie filling on top of your cream cheese layer and chill to set.
- This pie would also be good with a graham cracker crust, Oreo crust, or shortbread cookie crust. If you’re not going to use the pretzel crust, I suggest graham cracker crust!
- Top the pie wtih FRESH strawberries instead of pie filling if they’re in season!
Store this pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this pie. You can, without the topping, but the crust might get soggy.
I don’t recommend whipped cream cheese. It might not set up correctly. Be sure to use block full fat cream cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Give it a star rating and review below!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups (150g) finely crushed pretzels (about 3 cups pretzel twists)
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted Challenge Butter , melted
For the filling:
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (226g) whipped topping
- 1 20 ounce can Strawberry Pie Filling or use fresh strawberries
- Make the crust: stir finely crushed pretzels and sugar with melted butter. Press into a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk or fold in whipped topping until no lumps remain. Spread in prepared crust.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve: top with strawberry pie filling or chopped strawberries.
- Make sure your pretzels are finely crushed so they stick together – the larger the pieces the harder it is to get them to form a crust and it will be more crumbly.
- Skip the pie filling and top this with fresh berries if you prefer.
Other Pie Recipes
- See more of my ultimate pie recipes here!
- Check out the The Complete List of No Bake Pies!
- Check out all of my pie crust recipes for even more inspiration!
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
This post was sponsored by Challenge Butter in 2016. Post has been updated.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is a no bake cheesecake with a pretzel crust – or use graham cracker crust – and a strawberry pie filling on top! The perfect easy pie recipe.
Last Updated on February 2, 2023
Should the pretzel crust be baked?
This looks amazing!! My Midwestern family always makes the jello salad version, but I’m vegetarian and don’t eat gelatin so I’ve been looking for a way to eliminate the jello. Strawberry pie filling is perfect!
Life would definitely be so much better if all salads looked just like this one, Dorothy! I love the idea of turning this into a pie. Plus, you can never have enough no-bake desserts this time of year too 😉
I feel like you’re a genius making this classic into a pie!! And that pretzel crust… yum!!
Oh how I love strawberry pretzel salad and absolutely love how you have made it into a pie!! Glad your ebook dilemma is fixed! I’m ordering right away!! 🙂
I like this sweet and salty combination! The crust looks particularly delicious!
Loving that this is no bake! This looks like the perfect summer dessert!