This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Easy Oreo Fluff Salad is a dessert salad full of pudding, Cool Whip and TONS of Oreo cookies. It’s like an Oreo mousse but even better! Bonus: you can make this into a lower calorie recipe easily by just substituting some of the ingredients!
Table of Contents
Easy Oreo Fluff Dessert
Seriously I could just face plant into this fluff recipe. It’s a bowl full of fluffy creamy pudding filled with Oreos…there isn’t much better than that. I mean, don’t we all need an excuse to eat more Oreos and add more sugar to Oreos?
I love calling this a salad recipe because people lose their minds on Facebook whenever I post dessert salads. I get Basic Becky and Negative Nancy screaming at me every. single. time: “That’s not a salad, that’s DESSERT.” or “That looks like diabetes!”
Back in the day, this was called a dessert salad and I’m sticking to my guns on that one. There may be no fruit in this ambrosia but that’s okay; I won’t eat fluff with fruit but I will inhale fluff with Oreos.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Fluff salad is an outrageous dessert that combines a few staples and makes the perfect side dish or potluck recipe. I really want to hug whoever came up with it; fluff is such a versatile recipe and can be made in so many ways. Fluff has a few basic ingredients:
- Pudding – Use instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whipped topping – any kind of Cool Whip or generic works
- Marshmallows – mini marshmallows are best!
- Oreos – lots of them to chop up for the filling!
Outside of those ingredients, the sky is the limit. Watergate salad has pineapple and banana pudding fluff uses chunks of banana and apple salad has, you guessed it, apples.. I think traditional fluff salad has maraschino cherries and mandarin oranges in it, but all of them usually have those three basic ingredients.
For Oreo Fluff, easily change up the flavors by using different Oreo flavors or pudding mix flavors.
Make this sugar-free (or Protein Oreo Fluff) by using sugar free ingredients.
How to make Oreo Fluff
- Mix the milk with the pudding mix and let it sit until it’s soft set (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Stir in the chopped Oreos and marshmallows.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Oreo Dessert Salad will last 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Make sure you don’t use too much milk and that you use instant pudding and cool whip.
Easy Oreo Fluff Recipe
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups nonfat milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 30 Oreos chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let sit for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft set. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Add chopped Oreos and marshmallows. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Use Sugar-Free pudding mix and sugar-free Cool Whip
- Either use sugar-free Oreos or use Oreo Thins
- Omit marshmallows
- Reduce milk amount to 1 cup
Last Updated on June 13, 2023