This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
A classic Mandarin Orange Jello Salad is a potluck dish perfect for summer BBQs or holidays – this will remind you of childhood! With just a few ingredients it only takes about 5 minutes to make!
What is Jello Salad?
This is similar to Watergate salad – it’s a dessert salad fluff recipe that’s full of mandarin oranges and pineapple. It’s a creamy and delicious treat that’s perfect as a side dish or as a dessert. It is full of mandarin oranges and marshmallows that make it fluffy and a family favorite.
I found this recipe written on an old piece of paper from a book of recipes I found at an estate sale. I could tell the recipe had been very loved and wanted to share it.
Table of Contents
Ingredients in Orange Fluff Salad
Mandarin Oranges: Just one can of mandarin oranges, and make sure to drain them well. I like to buy the kind that are packed in juice, not syrup.
Crushed Pineapple: Drain the excess liquid off.
Orange Jello: This gives it the orange color and flavor.
Cottage Cheese: The cottage cheese is a classic fluff ingredient and gives body to the recipe. Beware of using low or nonfat cottage cheese as it has more liquid and the fluff will be soupier.
Cool Whip: This adds some sweetness and body and creaminess to the recipe.
Mini Marshmallows: This is my favorite part of the recipe! I add marshmallows to all my fluff recipes.
How to make Orange Jello Salad
1. Jello: Stir together the pineapple and oranges with the cottage cheese.
2. Mix: Stir in the jello powder, then mix in the marshmallows.
3. Chill: Chill at least an hour before serving so the mixture can set up.
It’s super easy to make this recipe – 6 ingredients and about 5 minutes prep!
Tips for Making Orange Jello Salad
- Be sure to drain the pineapple and oranges so your mixture sets up.
- You can also add nuts to this if you like – pecans would be yummy.
- Like cherry? Add some chopped maraschino cherries too!
- Use any flavor jello
- Be sure drain your pineapple and oranges well!
Other Fluff Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Orange Jello Salad
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple , drained really well
- 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges , drained
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 6 ounce box orange flavored jello
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Place pineapple, oranges, and cottage cheese in a large bowl. Stir, then mix in jello.
- Add whipped topping and stir, then stir in marshmallows.
- Chill one hour before serving.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
• Use oranges packed in juice so it’s not too sweet
• Use regular cottage cheese, not low fat
Orange Jello Salad is an easy Mandarin Orange Fluff recipe! This side dish is a dessert salad and is perfect for potlucks with just 5 ingredients!