13 Pies for National Pie Day.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Today, January 23rd, is National Pie Day! I couldn’t let this day pass without a celebration. Pie for everyone, the end.
Now, if you know me at all, you know that, even though Pie Day is a big day, my big pie celebration is Pi Day. Pi Day, to celebrate the math symbol, is on March 14. This year is going to be an epic pie day because it will be 3/14/15. If you’re a math nerd, you’re as excited as I am.
But today we’re just celebrating PIE which is okay. I mean, it’s the best dessert, after all. It has a whole day named after it. So…it’s probably a law that you eat pie today. You’re in luck, because I have quite a pie collection on this blog. These 13 pies are my absolute favorites. Enjoy!
1. Potato Chip & Caramel Brownie Pie – this is man food at it’s finest. Or woman food – I won’t discriminate. I’d eat the whole thing with a fork if I let myself. Layers of brownie, caramel, ganache, and a salty crunch of potato chips!
2. Classic Pecan Pie – everyone needs an easy, classic pecan pie recipe. This can be yours. It’s my mom’s and it’s one I’ve eaten every holiday…since I stopped boycotting it, that is.
3. Candy Bar Pie – Blondie + Pie. Raid your pantry to add whatever you want. I’m adding Kit Kats next time. And more Rolos, because, Rolos. Duh.
4. Lattice Top Blackberry Pie. This is one of my favorite pictures, ever. And the post has a tutorial full of photos of how to make a lattice-top pie. Use this recipe for any fruit, not just blackberries.
5. Milky Way Pie – this one is from my book, but I couldn’t help including it. Because…well, look at it!!
9. No Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie. I made this for Pi Day last year. Also, it’s full of peanut butter with a shortbread crust soooo, you should make it.
10. Peanut Butter Chess Pie. Because we need to #peanutbutterallthethings.
11. 7 Layer Ice Cream Pie. This baby has an Oreo Pretzel Crust. The end.
12. Cheesecake Pie. An Oreo crust, cheesecake flavored with your favorite creamer, and topped with ganache. #faceplant
13. Snickers Peanut Butter Brownie Pie – last but not least! This is one of my favorite recipes on this website. And it’s covered in Snickers. #yourewelcome
Are you having pie today???