This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy recipe is so much fun! Pie Cookies – turn your favorite homemade or store bought cookies into fun little pies!
PIN IT NOW to save for later
(This post was originally written in 2011. Photos and recipe updated 2018.)
Sometimes you feel like a pie…and sometimes you feel like a cookie! When those cravings hit, make these EASY pie cookies!
If you need a simple semi-homemade cookie recipe, this is it. They’re adorable and everyone will think about how cute they are.
I originally posted this recipe when I hit 100 posts. Now I have over 1000! Isn’t that crazy?
These easy cookies are fun for adults but even more fun for kids, and the sky is the limit on how you can make them!
You can easily make blueberry or cherry lattice pie. Or how about pumpkin pie or banana or lemon or chocolate cream pie? With a little imagination you can make any kind of pie you want…out of cookies.
How do you make pie cookies?
It’s easy! You just need a few basic ingredients:
- Store-bought cookies or pre-baked ones. You can make your own sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies or use packaged. I used shortbread cookies and store-bought chocolate chip.
- Frosting – make your own chocolate and vanilla frosting, or use a can.
- Food coloring
- Pastry bags
- Pastry tips
- Candy for filling
Pie cookies are a fun and easy way to make pies out of semi-homemade ingredients like cookies and candy!
How to make fruit pie cookies:
- Tint your vanilla frosting a bit of yellow to make it more like a pie crust color.
- Frost a light layer of frosting on your cookie.
- Use M&Ms or other similar candy to make the filling of your pie. Think blue for blueberry, red for cherry, or yellow for lemon!
- Piping: use a Wilton #102 tip to pipe the lattice and crust edge.
How to make chocolate cream pie cookies:
- To make chocolate cream pie, use chocolate frosting.
- Use other tinted vanilla frosting for other pie flavors (like yellow for banana or lemon, orange for pumpkin).
- Use a Wilton tip #18 to pipe the whipped cream using vanilla frosting.
Really, the sky is the limit with these fun cookies. Use your imagination to make any kind of pie!
For the Fruit Pie Cookies:
- Separate vanilla frosting into two bowls. Tint one bowl with one drop of yellow food coloring (for the pie crust) and leave the other white (for the whipped cream). Add to decorating bags. Fit the yellow frosting with a flat tip and the white frosting with a star shaped tip.
- Spread a little frosting on each cookie and top with colored M&Ms for desired "filling." Pipe pie crust edge and lattice with light yellow frosting or pipe on the white frosting to look like whipped cream. Chill to harden.
For the Chocolate Cream Pie Cookies:
- Frost each cookie with chocolate frosting. Pipe white frosting around the edge using a star shaped tip to look like whipped cream. Chill to set.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Perfect Soft Sugar Cookies (no roll)
Last Updated on May 20, 2022