This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Slutty Brownies are the most decadent and outrageous bar cookie you’ll ever try: chocolate chip cookies on the bottom, brownies on the top, and Oreos in the center.
Normally this recipe is made with pre-packaged dough and box mixes but my recipe is completely from scratch. Almost every blogger has made some version of this recipe but if you’re looking for the BEST Slutty Brownie recipe, look no further. My friends all agree!
Table of Contents
Slutty Brownies FROM SCRATCH
Okay let’s just put it out there that I’m not in love with the name of these brownies. It’s a little awkward to call them slutty when really, they’re just outrageous and amazing. (Slutty isn’t really a word I like to use, anyway.)
However, people DO search for them and since I’ve been making them for years I figured I needed to finally post the recipe. I couldn’t call them Brookies (although basically, that’s what they are) because I just posted those a few weeks ago!
Let’s just agree the name isn’t great but the bars ARE. The original recipe for these brownies came from a blogger years ago – back in 2011 – and then another blogger renamed them slutty, and the name stuck.
Besides Slutty, we could also call these one of many other names: Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies, Crazy Brownies, ULTIMATE Brownies, Ultimate Slutty Brownies…and so many more names.
I’m going to call them AMAZING.
How to make Oreo Brownie Cookie Bars Video
Why are they called Slutty brownies?
These viral brownies are a combination of three things:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve seen SO many recipes for these cookie bars. Some use a refrigerated cookie dough for the chocolate chip cookies. Some use a box brownie mix. Some use both!
Because you’re making two recipes in one, this recipe does take a little bit of time, but they’re worth every minute.
Let’s talk about how to make slutty brownies!
How to Make Slutty Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
I’m using my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, the one that is consistently #1 in my analytics. They’re easy cookies that start with melted butter, so you don’t need a mixer.
First, stir together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Then stir in an egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and then the all purpose flour. Chocolate chips are last – but not least!
Normally when I make these as cookies you have to chill the dough, but when you’re making cookie bars you can skip that step.
My favorite brownie recipe has three important things about it:
- It’s one bowl, one spoon, no mixer,
- It has baking chocolate you melt with the butter,
- AND it has cocoa powder you add after you stir in the sugar and eggs.
Once you make the brownie layer, you’re ready to assemble!
Making Slutty Brownies
- You’re going to want a 9×13-inch pan for this recipe, one with 2″ sides. Use metal or glass, whichever you prefer.
- You can also make these in muffin tins if you want Oreo Cookie Brownie Cupcakes!
- I like to cover the pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray to make removal and slicing easier.
- First, press the chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Then, top with about 24 Oreos. I used regular Oreos but you could use double stuff or any flavor you want.
- Top the Oreos with the brownie batter. Spread it evenly to cover the cookies.
How to know when Brownies are done
Once the top looks solid and no longer wet, these are done. You can do the toothpick test around the edges, but it’s best to use your eyes – when it looks done on top, they’re done.
Most importantly: if you want them to set so they look pretty when sliced, let them cool completely.
Storing Oreo Cookie Brownies
First of all, I suggest small squares for serving. These pack a punch and they’re perfect dessert for a crowd.
Store in an airtight container on the counter, or freeze for up to one month. Learn how I freeze all my desserts!
Call them what you want – but call them IN MY TUMMY ‘cuz that’s where they are!
Other brownie and cookie bar recipes I love:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Slutty Brownie Recipe
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk
- 24 Oreos any flavor
For the Brownies:
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Make the cookies: Cream together butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Mix in egg, extract, baking soda, and salt. Stir in flour, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top evenly with Oreos.
- Make the brownies: Place the baking chocolate and butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and cocoa and stir well. Add flour and stir carefully.
- Spread brownie batter over the top of the Oreos in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top looks done and the center is no longer jiggly.
Peanut Butter Cup Slutty Brownies: use regular size peanut butter cups instead of the Oreos.
Use Peanut butter cookie dough or peanut butter chocolate chip cookies instead of the chocolate chip cookies.
Make SLUTTY BROWNIES from scratch! This easy brookie recipe is a chocolate chip cookie bar with brownies on top and Oreos stuffed inside. Learn how to make cookie dough Oreo brownies without a mix!
Last Updated on October 14, 2021