This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Cream Pie is perfect for spring! It’s bursting with lemon flavor and is cool and creamy. Soft whipped cream combined with tart lemon filling combines to make the most amazing dessert. Add a cookie crust and you get a sweet treat no one can resist!
Table of Contents
Lemon Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk
Need a little sunshine? This easy Lemon Pie is sure to bring all the feel-good feelings of a summer day. The pie is creamy and lemony and tastes, amazingly, like a Girl Scout Lemonade cookie but with a crumbly, buttery graham cracker crust.
This recipe is a lot like a lemon ice box pie – once you prepped and baked the crust all you have to do is mix up the filling and leave the pie in the fridge to set up. This creamy lemon cream pie is perfect when it’s warm, but I make all year because even when it’s not so nice out it just cheers me up.
What I love about Lemon Pie
What I love about this lemon pie recipe is the bright and fresh lemon flavor in the creamy smooth filling made with sweetened condensed milk. There’s just the right amount of crust, too. I love a graham cracker crust for this pie, but you can easily switch it up and use a Golden Oreo Crust or make a shortbread crust.
So, there’s basically three parts: the easy cookie crust, the whipped cream and the lemon cream filling. I’m walking you through how to make this lemon pie so you can see how easy it is!
Lemon Pie Ingredients
Whipped Cream: You’ll need this for the filling and topping.
Sweetened condensed milk: Regular is best (not fat free) but you can use the fat free, your pie just won’t set up as firm.
Lemon: You’ll need lemon zest and lemon juice
Lemon Extract: Optional but really, not. It gives tons of lemon flavor!
Make the Graham Cracker Crust
Using a food processor makes the crust a breeze to make. Process the graham crackers until they break down into crumbs. Transfer them to a bowl add the brown sugar and melted butter and stir until combined.
Press the mixture into a 9” pie plate. Make sure it’s spread out evenly in the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Chill it until you’re ready to assemble the pie.
How to Make Lemon Pie
First, you’ll make the whipped cream. I like to chill the bowl beforehand – a cold bowl keeps the fat in the cream cold so it’s much easier to whip. Your whipped cream will be even lighter and fluffier if you start with a cold bowl.
So, beat the cream and sugar together on a high speed in the bowl until it doubles in size. Add the vanilla and continue beating the mixture until it’s light and fluffy. You’ll use half of the whipped cream for the filling and the other half for the topping.
In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and the extract. Add half of the whipped cream and carefully stir to combine it with the other ingredients. Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
Tips for Decorating the Pie
Once the filling is in the crust you can decorate the top with the rest of the whipped cream. You can make it as simple or fancy as you want – here are a few ideas:
- To keep it really simple, just spread the rest of the whipped cream over the filling. Sprinkle some lemon zest over the top.
- Or, you can pipe the whipped cream using a star tip (I use a #22 star tip with a pastry bag).
- For next level decorations like you see in the photo, pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the pie and then place thin-sliced lemon halves in between.
- To create the lemon curl in the middle, take a whole slice of lemon and cut a single slit to the middle. Give it a twist and place in on the pie. Sprinkle lemon zest over the top and that’s it!
Lemon Cream Pie FAQ
Store the pie in the refrigerator until ready to serve and afterwards. It will keep for a few days
Yes you can! And it’s even good frozen.
Yes, by substituting one (8-ounce) container for the whipped cream.
A slice of this creamy lemon pie is like a little bit of sunshine on a plate! I hope you love it as much as we do – enjoy!
Other No Bake Pie Recipes:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Lemon Cream Pie
For the Crust:
- 1 graham cracker crust (or Golden Oreo or shortbread crust), from scratch or from the store
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Lemon Cream:
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (fat-free is fine)
- ¾ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
- ¼ teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Make the crust and chill until the filling is ready.
- Make whipped cream. Add cream and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until it doubles in size, then add vanilla. Continue beating on high speed until fluffy whipped cream forms. Chill until ready to use.
- Stir sweetened condensed milk, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract in a large bowl until combined. Add half of your whipped cream and stir carefully until completely incorporated. Pour into cooled crust.
- Decorate the top of your pie with the rest of your whipped cream. You can spread it in an even layer or pipe it on using a star tip. (I used star tip #22 in a disposable pastry bag.) Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest. Chill until ready to use. Refrigerate leftovers. The pie is also good frozen for a cool summer treat.
This No Bake Lemon Pie Recipe with sweetened condensed milk is an easy icebox pie with tons of lemon flavor. Make a homemade graham cracker crust with this easy lemon filling – this pie is a favorite!
Last Updated on October 28, 2021