This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Take a vanilla pudding pie and combine it with chocolate chip cookies for the best no-bake dessert! This is a creamy, cold cookie pie that is so easy to make – perfect for all the chocolate chip cookie fans!
You guys know how I love a dessert mash-up, and I have got a great one for you today: Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding Pie! A lot is going on in this pie, and you are going to love every single thing.
It’s loaded with chocolate chip cookies! And pudding! And whipped cream! The crust is made with store-bought cookies – my favorite short-cut! I suppose you could make chocolate chip cookies from scratch, but I am all about less work with this pie. So hit up the cookie aisle at the store to save yourself some time.
Why We Love This No Bake Cookie Pie
This is an EASY cookie pie recipe, and it’s totally no bake! Plus, it’s totally adaptable to fit your liking.
- Use any flavor chocolate chip cookie (Chips Ahoy has so many different ones now).
- Mix up the pudding flavors: chocolate, banana, cheesecake… you name it!
- Make this sugar-free by using sugar-free cookies, pudding mix, chocolate chips, and whipped topping.
- You could even add candy or nuts!
And don’t forget the decorations – I went all out and added whipped cream, chocolate chip cookies, and mini chocolate chips. It looks like a fancy bakery dessert, doesn’t it?
If all you want is cookies, pudding, and pie, then this is the dessert for you!
Table of Contents
- Chocolate chip cookie crumbs – I use 16 Chips Ahoy Cookies, but use your favorite. You will need 2 ¼ cups of crumbs.
- Melted unsalted butter
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Mini chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chip cookies plus more for garnish
- Whipped Cream or whipped topping for decorating
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1. Mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter, and then press the mixture into the bottom of a 9″ pie plate. This is kinda messy because the chocolate chips will start to melt. Don’t worry, it’ll all firm back up again. Chill the crust until your pudding is ready.
2. Mix up the pudding mix with the milk following the package instructions. Stir in some mini chocolate chips and more crushed cookies. Pour the pudding into your crust and chill the pie until it’s set.
3. Before serving the pie, top it with whipped cream (or you can use Cool Whip). Decorate with more cookies and chocolate chips and then slice and serve!
A Few Recipe Tips
- For the cookies, I usually just crush them in a bag with a rolling pin. You can also use your food processor.
- If you want to make the pie ahead, make the crust and filling and cover them. They will keep in the refrigerator for two days. You can add the toppings and decorations before serving.
If you want to store the pie with the whipped cream, the pie will hold up for 24 hours. It will last a little longer if you use whipped topping. Any way you make it, this Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding Pie is the PERFECT dessert for any occasion. We love this easy cookie pie, and I think you will, too!
More No Bake Pies You Should Try
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding Pie
- 2 ¼ cups (251g) Chocolate Chip Cookie crumbs such as Chips Ahoy, about 20 cookies
- 4 tablespoons (57g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups (356ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (170g) mini chocolate chips
- Additional Cookies , for garnish
- Whipped Cream or whipped topping , for garnish
- Note: About 9 Chips Ahoy cookies (regular or generic) is about 1 cup of cookie crumbs when crushed. Crush 20 cookies with a rolling pin in a ziploc bag and then measure out 2 1/4 cups of crumbs.
- Stir cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” pie plate. Chill at least 30 minutes before filling.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Stir in chocolate chips. Crush two more cookies and stir into pudding mixture. Pour into prepared pie plate. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving: top with whipped cream or whipped topping, a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, and additional chocolate chip cookies. (I broke cookies in half and placed them around the pie at equal slice intervals.)
- The pie, without whipped cream, can be stored covered for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Once the pie has the whipped cream on it (if you’re using fresh whipped cream), serve within 24 hours.
Make a No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding Pie with a chocolate chip cookie crust and vanilla pudding filling! This easy no bake pie recipe is perfect all year and a great way to use chocolate chip cookies.
Last Updated on May 13, 2021