This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you’re throwing a Super Bowl or football party, you need to know how to make Football Brownies! This easy recipe uses a homemade brownie mix recipe and is topped with an easy football decoration. These are touchdown brownies without a cookie cutter and everyone will love them.
Table of Contents
Fun and Easy Football Brownies
There are two times a year I make football themed treats: in August, for my husband’s Fantasy Football Draft, and in January, for the Super Bowl. The big game is in less than two weeks, so the food football planning is running high in my house. (Mainly for the blog, Mel doesn’t allow us to watch the game with him, lol.)
Stupid Easy Homemade Football Brownies are for anyone who wants something that’s so simple it’s foolproof, yet cute and festive. Plus, if you’ve ever wondered how to make football brownies without a cookie cutter…this is your resource.
- Brownies: You can use ANY brownie recipe for this. I recommend using my best brownie recipe or making brownies from the BEST Homemade Brownie Mix or go the semi-homemade route and use a box of brownie mix.
- Frosting: You’ll need vanilla frosting to make the laces. Or you can use melted white chocolate, or go semi homemade with a can of frosting.
How to make Football Brownies
- To turn these into touchdown brownies, cut the brownies into squares. Or use a football shaped cookie cutter.
- Then add laces to the cut squares using vanilla frosting or white chocolate.
- You can use my brownie recipe or use your favorite, or use a box. If you’re using a box mix, just bake the brownies according to the box directions.
- If you want to be all fancy, you can use a football shaped cookie cutter. But I’m lazy and boring, so I like to just cut them in squares!
- Once they’re frosted, the frosting will semi-harden so stack them carefully.
- Serve them on top of a bed of green sprinkles for a cute football themed display.
Just cut squares of brownies and add the laces – they’ll still look like footballs!
Make these ahead by freezing them with or without the decorations. Freeze in an airtight container in a single layer if frosted.
Easy Homemade Football Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together brownie mix, oil, eggs, vanilla, and water. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake brownies for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean 2-inches from the edge of the pan. Cool completely.
- Remove from pan and cut brownies into squares3. Place frosting in a sandwich bag and cut off the tip of one corner. Pipe the laces onto the brownies.
- Store loosely covered for up to 3 days.
- Substitute one box brownies and make them according to the box directions.
- Substitute a can of prepared vanilla frosting.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Use your favorite brownie mix or recipe to make Football Brownies – the easiest game day dessert you’ll ever make – and so good.
Last Updated on February 2, 2023