This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
7 Layer Pizza Dip is an easy hot cheesy dip recipe that is even better than pizza!! The layers of cheese, sauce, and toppings that will be the hit of your party. What will you top it with?
Table of Contents
Easiest Ever Hot Pizza Dip
Pizza is a huge weakness for me. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. Now I can add Pizza to that addiction. This is almost better than the real thing, and it’s definitely easier than making homemade pizza.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This easy cheesy dip is a gooey cheesy hot appetizer that tastes like pizza without the crust. The crust comes in the form of the dippers you use, like pretzels or crackers, or Fritos.
- It really is a win-win: you get all the pizza flavors and lots of cheese without all the hassle. Technically, this is an appetizer, but I can make a meal of it, and I’m not ashamed to admit it!
- And this isn’t just your average baked dip – it’s a 7 Layer pepperoni pizza dip. That means it has seven layers of delicious gooey pizza flavor that you’re gonna flip for, I promise.
- This layered pizza dip recipe is made with two kinds of cheese and all the best pizza toppings. When we make it for parties, it’s always the first dip to disappear!
Ingredients in Cream Cheese Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese: Be sure to use softened cream cheese to avoid lumps!
- Spices: Dried basil and oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes all add tons of pizza flavor.
- Cheeses: You’ll need grated Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. I just love adding some cheddar to pizza – reminds me of my favorite childhood restaurant.
- Pizza sauce: My favorite one is homemade but you can use any from the store too.
- Toppings: Pick your favorites! Sliced pepperoni, olives, bell peppers – anything!
How to Make Pizza Dip
- Combine the cream cheese, herbs, spices, and Parmesan cheese using a hand mixer in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in a 9” pie pan and spread the pizza sauce over the top. Sprinkle both kinds of cheese over the top of the sauce, followed by pepperoni, olives, and bell peppers.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until it’s hot and the cheese is melted. Serve the dip hot.
What to serve with pizza dip?
You can serve all kinds of dippers with this hot pizza dip recipe. Here are a few we like:
Chips: Try some tortilla chips, pita chips, or Fritos.
Crackers: Ritz, Wheat Thins, or water crackers are all great, too.
Bread: Spread the dip on baguette slices or use breadsticks as a dipper
Veggies: Celery sticks, carrot sticks, and sliced bell peppers would be a healthy dipper!
Yes, you can! Layer the ingredients in your crockpot and cook the dip on low for four hours or until it’s hot and melty.
Store leftover pizza dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I don’t recommend freezing it.
It’s a great make-ahead dip! Assemble the dip in the pie plate nad chill it until you’re ready to bake it. You can do this up to a day in advance. It may need a little longer baking time.
I know you’re going to love this recipe – it’s the best pizza dip recipe! It’s so easy to make, you can customize it, and who can resist a cheesy hot dip that tastes like pizza? Go ahead and try – you know you want to.
7 Layer Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni
- 6 ounces sliced olives
- ¼ cup green pepper diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cream cheese, herbs and spices, and parmesan cheese using a hand mixer in a large bowl. Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 9” pie plate.
- Top with pizza sauce, both cheeses, pepperoni, olives, and green peppers.
- Bake until hot and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with chips or crackers.
More Homemade Dips You’ll Love
7 Layer Pizza Dip is an easy hot cheesy dip recipe that is even better than pizza!! There are 7 layers of cheese, sauce, and toppings that will be the hit of your party. Enjoy!
Last Updated on January 26, 2023