7 Layer Pizza Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
7 Layer Pizza Dip is an easy hot cheesy dip recipe that is even better than pizza!! There are 7 layers of cheese, sauce, and toppings that will be the hit of your party.
Served with Fritos or Tortilla Chips as dippers are the best, but you could also use veggies. We couldn’t stop eating this easy dip recipe!
Guys, I did it: I made my office my own space, and I’m so freaking happy about it.
I started this blog in 2010, when we lived in a smaller house. Mel worked from home, so the extra bedroom was his office. I had a small Ikea table in one corner of the kitchen. It started with a table, then I added a bookshelf…all in the middle of my kitchen. It was pretty miserable because it was always so cluttered; so many papers and notes and files. And that didn’t even include props or space to shoot photos.
A few years later we moved into the house we’re in now, with a 4th bedroom I could use as an office/guest room. I still had my tiny Ikea table but it was in a room where I could shut the door (a huge improvement with a little kid). There was a day bed and trundle in the room as well, where guests would sleep…all 3-4 nights a year. Because I had no room to store anything (the bed took up a majority of the wall space) it was always full of junk and boxes and paper and…ugh, you get the idea.
I’d shoot photos in the kitchen, moving my camera around, storing my props and tripod in the dining room. Then, in 2016, I started shooting video and clutter got REAL. Three tripods, 2 lights, a monitor, two cameras, props, boards….and I had to set it up and break it down in the kitchen every time. For awhile I put it in the living room, but then it was just THERE every time I walked in the door.
I’d been considering getting rid of the beds (because really, we have other beds, and we have guests a maximum of 4 nights a year) but just never could pull the trigger – until now. I finally did it right after Christmas. I ripped up the carpet and put in laminate to match the rest of the downstairs, got rid of the beds and bought myself a huge corner desk with tons of space. I got a bookshelf and moved all my gear under the window. Now I film and photograph in the same spot and at the end of the day I can shut the door and “go home” for the night. It’s the best feeling ever.
Now if only my weight goals could take hold, I’d be golden for my 2018 resolutions. I have good intentions and then I make things like 7-layer Pizza Dip and buy a bag of Fritos for the shoot and OMG FRITOS AM I RIGHT?
Pizza is a huge weakness for me. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. Now I can add Pizza DIP to that addiction. This is almost better than the real thing!
Pizza Dip is a gooey cheesy hot appetizer that tastes like pizza without the crust. The crust comes in the form of the dippers you use, like pretzels or crackers or Fritos.
(Side note: have you ever heard the thing about Fritos and a dogs feet smelling the same? It’s so true. Abby’s feet smell like Fritos, which really makes me want Fritos more because I love her little feet.)
This isn’t just pizza dip, it’s 7 Layer Pizza Dip. That means it has 7 layers of delicious gooey pizza flavor that you’re gonna flip for, I promise. I took one bite of this dip and told Mel to never let me make it again. #truestory
7 Layer Pizza Dip is an easy gooey appetizer recipe perfect for any party. It’s hot and cheesy and tastes almost better than pizza, topped with two kinds of cheese, pepperoni, and your favorite toppings.
If you’ve never tried Pizza Dip you MUST. I think I’ll have to make it for an easy dinner sometime. We can sit around watching Riverdale and inhaling cheesy goodness. Top it with whatever toppings you like, but don’t forget the cheese!
Tips for how to make the BEST 7 Layer Pizza Dip:
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened, that makes it mix up easier.
- Layer 1 is a mixture of cream cheese, parmesan, and some yummy pizza spices like Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Layer #2 is pizza sauce. You can buy it or make my homemade no cook pizza sauce recipe.
- Layers 3 and 4 are mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. A pizza place where I grew up always puts cheddar on their pizza and it’s wonderful.
- Layer 5? Pepperoni! Use sausage or your favorite meat!
- Layer 6 and 7 are peppers and olives but you could add onions or pineapple or whatever you like on pizza.
- Use whatever dippers you like. I love Fritos, but pretzels or crackers or tortilla chips would be good too.
- In a pinch you can microwave this until it’s hot!
7 Layer Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 6 ounces sliced olives
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cream cheese, herbs and spices, and parmesan cheese using a hand mixer in a large bowl. Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 9” pie plate.
- Top with pizza sauce, both cheeses, pepperoni, olives, and green peppers.
- Bake until hot and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with chips or crackers.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**