This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
5-Minute Homemade NO COOK Pizza Sauce – this recipe is ready in 5 minutes with ingredients you already have! I promise it’s better than the best jarred pizza sauce and the flavor is even better than the pizza parlor.
Table of Contents
BEST Homemade Pizza Sauce – NO COOK!
Homemade pizza is one of the best things in the entire world, isn’t it? I mean, I could eat pizza every single day and be happy with no problems. Plus, it’s so much cheaper and you can make it exactly how you want especially when you make your own homemade pizza sauce.
I used to buy premade pizza sauce, but once I learned how to make homemade pizza dough, I decided I needed to learn how to make homemade pizza sauce, too. Honestly, I kind of cringed every time I used the premade ones, because I didn’t really like them that much. They’re fine in a pinch, but I wanted something fresher and more flavorful.
The best news? Making your own is so easy and it tastes amazing.
This is a 5-minute NO COOK pizza sauce with TONS of flavor.
Pizza Sauce vs Marinara vs Pasta Sauce
They’re all tomato-based sauces, but sauce used for pizza is often thicker with less liquid so that the dough doesn’t get soggy. And, in the case of this easy pizza sauce, it’s simpler to put together, with fewer ingredients, and no cooking.
When I make pasta sauce, like my favorite marinara sauce, there are a few more ingredients and it needs to simmer for a while. When I make pizza sauce, I throw a few things in the food processor and call it done. It’s literally a 5-minute pizza sauce recipe!
Ingredients for No Cook Pizza Sauce
Tomatoes: Save time by using canned diced tomatoes or canned whole tomatoes. Don’t use plain tomato sauce – you won’t get as rich of a flavor.
Olive Oil: Adds flavor and richness
Red wine vinegar: Gives that all-day cooked taste
Garlic: This gives it TONS of flavor
Italian Seasoning: I love all the herbs in the seasoning mix.
Honey: A touch of sweetness is a must
Red pepper flakes: For a teeny bit of heat.
I love this easy pizza sauce without tomato paste because It’s lighter and has a fresher flavor without it.
I think the honey is a little bit of a secret ingredient. Adding it balances out the acidity from the tomatoes and the vinegar – you can’t even tell it’s in there, but it makes a difference.
How to make my recipe for quick pizza sauce:
Are you ready for this? It’s so easy!
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the tomatoes are broken down and all of it is combined.
- Pour the sauce into a fine mesh strainer and let the excess liquid drain out.
- Store your sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I told you it was simple – so simple there’s no excuse not to make it. Trust me, your pizzas will be so good!
This recipe makes enough for two pizzas, depending on how big they are. It’s one of the best sauces you’ll ever taste – just add your favorite toppings.
Pro Tips for making Pizza Sauce from Scratch
- Straining the sauce is really important. You want to remove all of the extra juices so your sauce doesn’t make your pizza soggy. Different brands of canned tomatoes have different amounts of liquid, so you may need to drain a lot or a little liquid depending on what you use. If you don’t have a mesh strainer, you can line a bowl with a few paper towels and pour the sauce on top to drain the juices through the towels.
- Speaking of the tomatoes, now’s the time to use a good quality brand that tastes great. Since you’re not cooking the sauce, which would develop and concentrate the flavors, you don’t want to use a poor-quality can of tomatoes. I recommend using Hunt’s, Contadina, or San Marzano tomatoes.
- Use Pizza Sauce as Pasta Sauce: I’ve also used this pizza sauce as pasta sauce when I need something quick. I just warm it up, toss it with hot pasta and lots of Parmesan cheese. It’s so good!
5-minute Pizza Sauce FAQ
The sauce will keep well for up to three days in the refrigerator. Or, you can freeze the pizza sauce for up to a month.
Yes I freeze this in plastic containers for up to 3 months.
This is good for about two 12-inch round pizzas. You can also double the recipe easily.
You can, but this easy sauce will taste better and more like pizza.
It can be but it’s easier to use a food processor since this is a no cook sauce.
Recipes Using Pizza Sauce
- Hawaiian Pizza
- Ultimate Pizza Dough
- No Yeast Pizza Dough
- Pizza Pasta
- Pizza Dip
- Deep Dish Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Cook Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes (or canned whole tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour sauce into a fine mesh strainer and let the excess liquid drain out.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
- This makes enough sauce for about 2 pizzas, depending on size.
This Homemade Pizza Sauce only takes 5 minutes and is so much better than store bought! Making it in your blender makes it easier than you ever thought possible.
Last Updated on January 29, 2022