This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Hawaiian Pizza is such an easy homemade pizza recipe!! This recipe actually turned me on to pineapple pizza – it’s such a polarizing flavor combo! You’ll love this one because it’s got BACON!
Table of Contents
Is Hawaiian Pizza the Best Pizza?
Have you ever had a time where you have to eat your words? A time when you’ve said you positively absolutely never-ever-ever would like something and then you try it and, shock of all shocks, you DO like it? You see where I’m going here, right?
I’ve always said pineapple didn’t belong on pizza….but I was wrong. Hawaiian pizza is delicious – especially with BACON on it!
The best pizza has a homemade pizza crust and your favorite toppings. THIS Hawaiian Pizza recipe is EPIC because it also has bacon – it’s going to become your Friday Favorite!
The BEST Homemade Pizza Dough
It’s EASY to make, I promise! If you’re scared of working with yeast – don’t be. Once you do it a few times you’ll be amazed at how simple it is. This recipe is probably the easiest yeast recipe you’ll ever make – you don’t even need a mixer!
First, you need to pick the right yeast: Instant Yeast!
There are lots of different kinds of yeast but I highly recommend using RapidRise® Yeast, also known as instant yeast. It’s easier to make dough with RapidRise® Yeast because:
- You don’t need to proof it.
- In only needs a 10 minute rest instead of a full rise after kneading.
How to make Homemade Pizza Dough
- Flour – all-purpse flour is best
- Sugar – I always use granulated – this helps activate the yeast
- Salt – for flavor
- RapidRise Yeast – always use INSTANT yeast!
- To start your homemade pizza dough, you first need to whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Then, heat the water to between 120-130°F. It’s easiest to do this if you have an instant read thermometer, but you if you don’t, simply think “hot bathwater”.
- Stir the water and oil together into the dry ingredients until the dough forms a ball. Then you have to knead the dough until it comes together. Once it rests for 10 minutes, you’re ready to top it and bake it.
What’s on Hawaiian Pizza?
I think the last time I checked, Hawaiian Pizza was one of the most ordered pizzas and the most controversial. Pineapple on pizza? Hmmmm. But, guys, I’m a testament that it’s actually GOOD. Pinky swear! Besides pizza sauce and cheese, Hawaiian pizza ingredients are:
- Canadian Bacon or ham: just dice your favorite kind to top the pizza with.
- Pineapple: for pineapple you can use fresh or canned. I used canned because it was easier but use whatever you like most! Just make sure you drain it well so the pineapple isn’t too wet.
- Bacon: yes, I said bacon! I put cooked crumbled bacon on my pizza too. I love the crunch it adds!
How to make Pineapple Pizza
- Preheat your oven to a HIGH temperature – this ensures a cooked crust and a crunchy crust too!
- Stretch your pizza dough to fit your pan.
- Top your pizza with sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple, and bacon.
Do you love pineapple? Try one of my favorite pineapple desserts – a Pineapple Pie!
You’ll know it’s done because it’ll be golden around the edges and the cheese will be bubbling. Just wait a few minutes and then slice and eat!
Mozzarella is standard; shred your own mozzarella cheese. Cheese that comes pre-shredded has a coating on it that makes it not melt as easily!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Homemade Hawaiian Pizza
For the pizza dough:
- 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ cups (217g-279g) all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (7g) Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (158g) very warm water 120° to 130°F
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
For the Hawaiian Pizza:
- ½ to 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon or ham diced
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple, drained and diced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk together 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add oil to the water and pour into dry ingredients. Stir until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Knead dough on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Stretch and pat dough with floured hands to fill greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with cheese. Spread Canadian bacon, bacon, and pineapple over the top.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Cool just a minute or so before slicing and serving.
This recipe is adapted from the Fleischmann’s® Yeast website.
Last Updated on June 30, 2023