This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you love French bread as much as I do, then you are going to LOVE this French Bread Pizza recipe – it’s one of my go-to dinners! Today I’m showing you how to make this easy french bread pizza recipe and sharing all my tips and tricks for the BEST homemade pizza recipe EVER!
Pizza night is my favorite night of the week – and whenever I make this recipe my family goes wild! We absolutely inhale this recipe every time we make it.
Table of Contents
Best French Bread Pizza Recipe
Use my tips and tricks to easily learn how to make the best French Bread Pizza you’ll ever eat!
One, we love that it’s easy and fast – no yeast required. We can top it with our favorite toppings – and even section the French bread so each family member gets their favorites. It’s also a great way to use the second loaf in my two loaf French Bread Recipe!
To make this homemade pizza recipe you just need 3 basic ingredients:
- French Bread: use any kind you like, but it’s best to get a long loaf of french bread, not a round one.
- Sauce: I’ll talk about this in variations, but you need some sort of pizza sauce. I love my homemade no-cook pizza sauce!
- Cheese: Mozzarella, of course! I recommend shredding your own cheese for optimal melting. (Packaged shredded cheese is coated to keep it fresh, and sometimes it doesn’t melt as well because of that.)
Once you have the basics, you can top your French bread pizza with anything you like (see variations, below).
How to make French Bread Pizza
- Slice: slice French bread loaf in half horizontally. Just cut carefully so you don’t end up with it thick at one end and skinny at the other. TIP: place toothpicks around your loaf as a guide for cutting!
- Sauce: spread the pizza sauce all over the french bread. You can use my homemade pizza sauce for this recipe.
- Toppings: add cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Bake: Place the French bread pizza on a large baking sheet and bake at 400°F. Once the French bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes.
Making pizza is so easy and fun to try different variations for ANY time of day. I’m sharing delicious variations on how to easily switch up this one homemade pizza recipe. Use your favorite pizza toppings!
Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Hawaiian Pizza: use pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, top with ham and pineapple and bacon.
- Pesto: use pesto instead of sauce, top with mozzarella and your favorite toppings.
- BBQ Chicken: use BBQ sauce and mozzarella, then top with sliced red onions and leftover chicken.
- Breakfast French Bread Pizza: skip the sauce and top with scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon and cheddar cheese.
I bake mine about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
If you want to keep it crunchy, you should reheat leftovers in the oven at 400°F. Or you can use a toaster oven or air fryer. You can also reheat in the microwave, but it will be soft, not crunchy.
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Slice the french bread in half horizontally. Place both halves face up on prepared cookie sheet.
- Spread sauce evenly over bread. Top with cheese and toppings.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is somewhat toasted.
- Slice and serve hot. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Pepperoni, salami, sausage
- Olives, mushrooms, peppers, onions
- Ham, pineapple
- If you don’t want the sauce to soak into the bread, toast the bread by baking it 3-5 minutes before topping with sauce.
- Reheat pizza in the oven or using a toaster oven or air fryer to keep leftovers crunchy.
Other favorite pizza recipes:
This is the perfect easy 30 minute meal or Friday night dinner – use your favorite toppings. My kids love this!
Last Updated on February 1, 2023