This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
My Pizza Pasta Recipe is an easy dinner that’s family-friendly, fast and delicious! It’s a one-pot pasta recipe that take 30 minutes to make with just a handful of ingredients.
This simple pasta dinner is great for busy weeknights – plus you can customize it with your favorite pizza toppings.
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Recipe
This recipe is pizza and pasta turned into a one-pot dinner that takes 30 minutes to make. It’s pretty simple – take your favorite pizza toppings, some sauce and pasta and you get a comforting dish that combines two favorite dinners. Well, at least in my house! We love our pizza and pasta so to combine them in a one-pot pasta dinner? That’s a dinner win.
When times get busy this is the recipe to have one hand – it will take away all of that dinnertime pressure. It’s family-friendly, fast, and satisfying. Plus, the clean-up is a breeze – you only need one pot!
Ingredients in Pizza Pasta
- Pasta: Use your favorite shape, I love using Rotini pasta because it catches all the sauce in the grooves.
- Pizza Sauce: Making pasta with pizza sauce is such a fun twist – use your favorite store bought sauce or make my easy homemade pizza sauce.
- Cheese: Pizza uses shredded mozzarella cheese – shred your own for best melting!
- Toppings: Leave it plain cheese or use your favorite pizza toppings.
What I love about this simple pasta recipe is that you can customize it with your favorite pizza toppings. We love pepperoni and olives, but you can use pretty much whatever you like! To make it really easy, use toppings that are already cooked, like:
- Cooked sausage
- Leftover shredded chicken
- Peppers, onions or other veggies
Once you have your ingredients this recipe is seriously easy – it’s only three steps to get dinner on the table.
How to make this Pizza Pasta Recipe
- Step 1: Boil the pasta and reserve one cup of the pasta water before you drain it.
- Step 2: In the same pot (after you drain the pasta), combine the pizza sauce and pasta water and bring it to a simmer. Add the pasta and toss to coat it in the sauce.
- Step 3: Top the pasta with the cheese and your toppings. Lower the heat, cover the pan and once the cheese is melted the pasta is ready to serve.
Expert Tips for Cooking Pasta
There’s nothing worse than over or undercooked pasta! Follow these tips to cook your pasta perfectly every time!
- Use a large pot to boil your pasta. It should be at least 3-quarts. This gives the pasta plenty of room to cook so it doesn’t stick together.
- Bring the water to a rolling boiling before adding the pasta. You can also salt the water, but this is optional.
- Boil the pasta until it’s al dente, which just means that it’s fully cooked but still firm. You don’t want to over cook pasta otherwise it will turn mushy.
- Drain the pasta in a colander but don’t rinse it. You want it to still have some of its starch so the sauce will adhere to it.
No. They’re both tomato based sauces but pasta sauce is usually thinner so it can coat pasta, and it’s usually cooked longer. Many pizza sauce recipes are no-cook.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze it in an airtight container for up to a month. If you know you’ll be freezing it I recommend cooking the pasta al dente so it doesn’t become mushy when thawed.
One Pot Pizza Pasta
- 12 ounces Rotini Pasta or your favorite kind of pasta
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Pizza toppings: pepperoni, olives, etc.
- Boil water for pasta in a large (at least 3 quart) saucepan. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve one cup pasta cooking water and set aside, drain remaining pasta.
- While you’re draining the pasta, place the pizza sauce and reserved pasta water in the pan and heat until simmering. Add pasta back into pot and toss to combine.
- Top with cheese and desired pizza toppings. Turn heat to low and cover just until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Other 30 Minute Meals
- When you want stroganoff, try my 30 minute ground beef stroganoff.
- My Spicy Chicken Dinner is perfect when you want easy chicken with vegetables.
- Chicken Broccoli Skillet is another pasta recipe in 30 minutes!
- Soup season is on – make my Chicken Mushroom Soup in a half hour!
Easy, cheesy one pot pizza pasta! This will feed even the pickiest of eaters. This simple pasta recipe with cheese and pizza toppings is a perfect weeknight meal.
Last Updated on January 18, 2023