A Cheesecake Apple Pie has a no-bake cheesecake filling in a pastry crust and topped with homemade apple pie filling!
This apple cheesecake pie is perfect for the holidays…or whenever you want apple pie married to cheesecake. Plus, using Challenge Cream Cheese makes the silkiest cheesecake ever!
I am constantly trying to come up with new apple pie recipes. Apple pie is one of my favorites (especially with a crumb topping) and I feel like there are so many variations you can make with apple pie. You can make a lattice apple pie or apple slab pie, or even mini apple pies.
When I was making my lists of pie recipes for this fall, I decided I wanted to marry two of my favorites: cheesecake and apple pie. I’ve made a caramel apple cheesecake before and it was delicious, so I knew that adding no bake cheesecake to my favorite apple pie recipe would be fantastic.
I decided to go the no-bake cheesecake route because I love the texture of a no-bake cheesecake better than baked. I think that comes from my childhood of eating a boxed cheesecake!
Now, even though the cheesecake is no bake and I used apple pie filling (my homemade recipe!), this pie isn’t considered no-bake because I used my all butter pie crust and blind baked it for the crust. I love a good pastry crust with apple pie and the cream cheese filling just adds a delicious creaminess to the recipe.
There are three amazing layers in this Cheesecake Apple Pie recipe:
- The Crust. I used my all butter pie crust recipe. When you’re making your crust, be sure to use Challenge Unsalted Butter. It’s the best tasting butter and will make your crust the best tasting it can be. I also blind baked my crust, which we talked about at length here.
- The no-bake cheesecake filling is made with Challenge Cream Cheese. I especially love using challenge cream cheese because it’s smoother creamier than other brands and mixes into a creamy cheesecake much easier.
- Finally, layer three: homemade apple pie filling. This time of year I make my apple pie filling almost weekly for some sort of recipe!
I know a lot of people make traditional pie recipes for Thanksgiving, but I think adding this Cheesecake Apple Pie to your dessert table will be a refreshing addition.
If you wanted to make this apple cheesecake pie no bake, it’s really easy. All you have to do is substitute a no-bake crust. You could use a graham cracker, shortbread, or even a Golden Oreo crust. Just be sure to make them with Challenge Butter; it’s made the old-fashioned way, from the freshest milk and cream from happy cows at family-owned dairies. Challenge controls the entire process when making it’s butter!
Follow Challenge on Instagram for more butter and cream cheese inspiration!
Cheesecake Apple Pie is the perfect holiday or anytime apple pie recipe!
Cheesecake Apple pie has a crumbly pastry crust with a creamy cheesecake filling and a delicious apple pie topping. This is going to be your favorite new holiday pie recipe!
Cheesecake Apple Pie
- Blind bake the crust and let it cool (see note).
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Spread in cooled pie crust.
- Top with apple pie filling.
- Chill at least 1 hour before cutting and serving. Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This Cheesecake Pie has a graham cracker crust!
This post has been sponsored by Challenge Dairy. All opinions are 100% my own.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 23, 2018