This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Turtle Cups are easy cookie cups made with four ingredients! They’re a semi-homemade treat with ready-to-bake cookie dough, caramel, pecans, and frosting. They’re a cute bite-sized dessert that is always a hit.
Since I discovered cookie cups, I have loved coming up with all kinds of different versions. My newest are these turtle cookie cups – they’re a chocolate chip cookie meets turtle candy treat that is so easy to make.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love Turtle Cookie Cups
This is an easy semi-homemade cookie cup recipe. You can use refrigerated cookie dough plus store bought caramel and frosting to make them really easy.
They’re quick to assemble, and the combination of chocolate, caramel, nuts, and cookies is so good! They’re basically caramel-filled cookies that taste like turtle candy.
I love to make cookie cups for parties because they’re the perfect bite-sized dessert. They look special, and no one can resist them! If you love chocolate caramel cookies, these turtle cookies are a must-make.
Ingredients in Turtle Cookie Cups
- Ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookie dough: Or use my BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
- Caramel sauce: Store bought or homemade caramel.
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate frosting: My homemade chocolate buttercream recipe is my favorite frosting, or use a can.
How to make Cookie Cups with Caramel
- Coat a mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray or grease and flour them. Place one cookie dough ball in each muffin mold and bake them for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies in the pan for five to ten minutes, and then use the handle of a wooden spoon to press them into a cup shape.
- Allow them to cool completely before removing them from the pan. It helps to use a butter knife to loosen the edges so you can easily pop them out of the mold.
- Mix the caramel sauce and pecans in a bowl. Spoon the caramel mixture into each cookie cup.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with an open star tip and frost the cookie cups.
Storing and Freezing Instructions
You can store the turtle cookie cups in the refrigerator for up to three days. Let them warm to room temperature before serving them. I don’t recommend freezing them.
- You can use any flavor of refrigerated cookie dough for this recipe. I recommend using the cookie dough already portioned into cookie dough balls, not the kind in a tube.
- Make sure to finely chop the pecans so they’ll fit in the cookie cup.
- Want to make them from scratch? Make my chocolate chip cookie recipe, and use homemade caramel sauce and chocolate frosting.
Other Favorite Recipes
Chocolate Chip Turtle Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies, melted chocolate, pecans, and melted caramel. That’s all you need to make these turtle cookies. I use a super-easy shortcut to make them and once you see it, I know you’ll want to give these caramel turtle cookies a try! If you’ve ever thought turtle cookies are hard to make – I…
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Turtle Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick baking spray (the kind with flour) or grease and flour the pans. Don’t skip this step or your cookies will stick.
- Place one cookie dough ball in each muffin pan cavity. Bake 18-22 minutes or until the cookies are fully baked.
- Cool 5-10 minutes, then use the back of a wooden spoon handle or the rounded part of a ½ teaspoon to press the cookie into a cup.
- Cool completely before trying to remove. Use a butter knife to carefully loosen and pop the cookie cup out of the muffin pan.
- Stir together caramel sauce and pecans. Spoon about 1-2 teaspoons into each cookie cup.
- Place frosting in a piping bag fitted with an open star tip (Wilton 1M). Frost cookie cups with frosting.
- Store cookies in refrigerator for up to 3 days, serve room temperature. I don’t recommend freezing these.
- Use any flavor cookie dough
- Use any brand cookie dough
- Make my chocolate chip cookie recipe if you want to make these from scratch.
- You can use jarred caramel or homemade.
- Chop the pecans small so they’ll fit in the cookie cup.
Easy Turtle Cups are a semi homemade cookie cup recipe with chocolate chip cookie dough filled with caramel and chocolate frosting! This easy cookie recipe is loved by all.