This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy 3 ingredient caramel sauce is the easiest way to make homemade caramel for all of your desserts! You can make a batch and keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in no time at all. You’ll skip the store-bought sauce once you try it!
Table of Contents
Easiest Ever Caramel Sauce Recipe
You only need THREE ingredients to make this caramel sauce, and one of the ingredients is water.
If you’ve ever made the old-fashioned from-scratch caramel sauce, you know it can be a little scary. Caramelizing the sugar and adding cream can cause a sticky bubbling explosion that is not fun to deal with or clean up. I know this from experience. Not to mention problems like crystallized sugar making your sauce grainy or ending up with a less-than-thick sauce, which is also a bummer.
You won’t have any of those problems with this sauce. It’s a no-fuss no-fail caramel sauce that works every time. I’ve taken out the guesswork – just follow the recipe, and in no time at all, you will have a jar of golden sweet caramel sauce with the perfect consistency.
3 Ingredient Caramel
- Werther’s Soft Caramels: All you have to do is unwrap them! You can also use chewy caramels (Werther’s or Kraft).
- Water: Doesn’t get any simpler than that!
- Half and Half: This turns the melted candies into the smoothest, creamiest caramel sauce with rich, velvety thickness.
How to Make Caramel Sauce from Caramels
- Place the caramels in a medium saucepan with the water. Heat the pan over medium-low heat.
- Once the candies start to melt, stir them often until they are completely melted, and the mixture is smooth. There should be no lumps.
- Take the pan off of the heat and stir in the half and half.
- Once it’s combined, you’re done! You’ve made homemade caramel sauce, and the only hard part is waiting for it to cool and set up before you use it.
Three ingredients, a few minutes of cooking time, and you get a jar of caramel sauce that is better than any store-bought version. It’s simple, but adding a drizzle to all the sweet things will take them to a whole new level. I hope you try it!
3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 1 10.8 ounce package Werther’s Soft Caramels , unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup half and half
- Place unwrapped caramels in a medium saucepan and add water. Heat over medium low heat to melt the caramels. Once they start to melt, stir often until melted and smooth and no lumps remain. Remove from heat and stir in half and half.
- Pour caramel sauce into a jar and let cool to room temperature before using on cheesecake. Store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Easy Sauces and Toppings To Try
This three-ingredient caramel sauce is the easiest way to make homemade caramel for all of your desserts!
Last Updated on December 19, 2023