This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Junior Mint Cookies have just two ingredients – that’s all you need to make these cookie cups. I mean, it’s almost embarrassing that I’m calling this a recipe. But I am, because it’s probably my favorite cookie in a very long time: Junior Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups!
Table of Contents
Cookies with Junior Mints
I looooooove Junior Mints. I’ll explain why in another post sometime (it’s food related) but every time I see a box I just can’t help picking one up. Something about the cool mint and smooth center gets me every time. Also, a 4 ounce box should be considered less than a serving. Is it just me or is it too easy to inhale the whole thing in less than 5 minutes?
These cookies are like blossom cookies, only they’re in cup form. Baking them in mini muffin pans makes it so you don’t have to worry about spreading cookies. Plus, the cup is the perfect holder for the Junior Mint.
If you’ve never had Junior Mints + Chocolate Chip Cookies before, you’re in for a real treat. The flavors are perfect for each other. The creamy cool and smooth mint adds some great flavor to a perfect chocolate chip cookie.
Why you’ll love this recipe
TWO ingredients is all you need to make these. You don’t even have to use a muffin pan – but you CAN make them from scratch if you want, using my best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe.
They’re also DONE IN UNDER 20 minutes!
Ingredients in Junior Mints Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – use your favorite store-bought brand. You can use a log OR the break and bake kind.
- Junior Mints – grab a few boxes of the movie theatre size.
How to make cookies with Junior Mints
- All you need to do to make these cookie cups is to scoop 1 tablespoon balls of refrigerated cookie dough into mini muffin pans.
- Bake until nice and light golden.
- Once the cookie cups bake, you add the best part: a Junior Mint pressed right into the center like you would a blossom cookie.
Now, if you don’t like using refrigerated dough, or you want to make your own, go ahead. If I’d had more time and patience, I would have used my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. That recipe would make about double this one. Or, you could use my favorite (smaller batch) chocolate chip cookie recipe. OR make them chocolate and use my double chocolate chip cookie recipe!
You can use a regular size muffin pan, mini muffin pan, or scoop the balls of cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with silicone mats or parchment paper. Bake as directed and then top with the Junior Mints.
Freeze these in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Make sure to grease the muffin pans really well. Let the cookie cups cool all the way then use a butter knife to help you pop them out.
Have you made this recipe?
Leave a star rating and review below or click the stars to rate it 5 stars!
Junior Mint Cookie Recipe
- 16 ounces chocolate chip cookie dough (from a roll or a 24-count bake and break cookie package)
- 24 Junior mints (from a 4 ounce box)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray (I like the kind with flour for these).
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon (or one bake and break square) of cooke dough in each muffin cavity.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Press a junior mint on top of the cookies right after they come out of the oven. Let cool completely before removing from pans.
- Want these homemade? Make my best chocolate chip cookie recipe instead!
- Click HERE for more easy recipes that start with cookie dough or cookie mix!
- Kit Kat Cookies
- Toffee Chocolate Chippers
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies (XL with brown butter!)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
Easy homemade chocolate chip cookie cups with Junior Mints are a fun twist on a cookie recipe – these are cookies made in a mini muffin pan!
Last Updated on November 10, 2022
Made the pie crust recipe pies and the pecan pie brownies for Thanksgiving! Fantastic recipes. I signed up to get more recipes! So nice to finally find recipes that are practical without weird ingredients!! Looking forward to making your Xmas cookies !!! Thank you !