This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Oreo Lasagna is an easy icebox cake with Oreos layered with vanilla pudding and whipped topping. It’s a great make-ahead dessert that can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. Plus, you only need four ingredients to make it! Cookies and cream dessert fans will love this cool and creamy treat.
Table of Contents
What is Oreo Lasagna?
Dessert lasagnas are such a fun and easy no bake dessert, perfect for warm weather. There are countless ways to make one, and this Oreo lasagna recipe combines chocolate cookies, pudding, and whipped cream for a crowd-pleasing dessert.
If you love cookies and cream, you will love this Oreo chocolate lasagna.
It gets its name because the ingredients are layered like lasagna. Oreo lasagna cake is also known as an Oreo lush dessert and Oreo icebox cake. You don’t have to turn on the oven or do a bunch of complicated steps – just mix up the pudding and layer it with cookies and whipped cream in a baking dish!
Whatever you choose to call this Oreo lasagna dessert recipe, it’s one of my favorite desserts during the summer – I’ve lost count on how many dessert lasagna versions I’ve made.
This is an Oreo lasagna without cream cheese, so it’s light and not so rich. Instead of cream cheese, I use vanilla pudding. Once you see how to make Oreo icebox cake, it’ll be your go-to whenever you need an easy sweet treat!
What You Need to Make Oreo Lush
Pudding Mix: Be sure to use Instant Pudding! I used vanilla pudding mix but you could also use chocolate or cheesecake flavor.
Nonfat milk: To make the pudding and for dipping the Oreos.
Oreos: Make sure to buy a family pack or party pack because you need quite a few cookies to make this recipe. You can use regular or Double Stuf or any flavored Oreo.
Whipped Topping: Cool Whip is the creamy goodness in the lasagna filling.
How to Make Oreo Lasagna
1. Whisk the pudding mix and two cups of nonfat milk in a bowl until smooth. Let it sit for about five minutes so it can thicken.
2. Pour the rest of the milk into a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Dip cookies in the milk, one at a time, and then place them in a single layer in an 8×8” baking dish.
3. Top the Oreos with half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping. Do a second layer of cookies, pudding, and topping.
4. Crush the rest of the cookies in a bag with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs over the top of the whipped topping.
5. Cover the Oreo lush with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least four hours or, ideally, overnight.
- Love chocolate? Dip the cookies in chocolate milk and make chocolate pudding!
- You can use any flavor of Oreos (or other sandwich cookies) for this recipe – there are so many options.
- Switch up the pudding flavor and pair it with Oreos with the same flavor or complementing flavor. You can really have fun and come up with your own special Oreo lush recipe!
- How to store Oreo Lasagna Cake: This will keep in the refrigerator for three days; keep it covered with plastic.
- You can use any flavor of pudding mix, so have fun experimenting with changing up the flavor!
- I don’t recommend using non-dairy milk for this recipe. The pudding won’t set up right, so stick with nonfat, 2%, or whole milk.
- Make it a sugar-free dessert with sugar-free Oreos, pudding mix, and whipped topping.
- Why dip the cookies in milk? They won’t soften with the pudding like other lasagna recipes that call for graham crackers, so dipping them in milk helps them get started softening.
Other Favorite Oreo Recipes
More Dessert Lasagna and Lush Desserts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Oreo Lasagna Recipe
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 ½ cups nonfat milk , divided
- 36 Oreos (any flavor)
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping
- Whisk pudding mix and 2 cups nonfat milk until smooth. Let set until thickened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place remaining ½ cup milk in a small bowl or measuring cup. Dip 16 Oreos, one at a time, in milk and layer them on the bottom of an 8×8-inch pan.
- Layer the Oreos with half of the pudding. Then top with half of the whipped topping.
- Dip another 16 Oreos, one at a time, in the milk and place on top of the whipped topping layer. Add the rest of the pudding, then the rest of the whipped topping.
- Place remaining 4 Oreos in a bag and roll with a rolling pin to crust (or use a knife to chop them finely). Sprinkle crumbs on the top of the whipped topping.
- Cover tightly and chill at least 4 hours before serving (overnight is best).
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
• Use any flavor pudding mix!
• Use nonfat or regular milk, but not non dairy (pudding mix won’t set up properly with non dairy milk)
• Make it sugar-free: use sugar free pudding mix, sugar free whipped topping and sugar-free Oreos.
This recipe for no bake chocolate Oreo lasagna will be a hit when you make it! You will love how easy it is, and everyone will love every last cookies and cream bite. Enjoy!
Last Updated on May 20, 2022