These Oreo chocolate cookies will satisfy yourchocolate craving! They’re an Oreo and double chocolate chip cookies mash-up loaded with chocolate.
If you love double chocolate chip cookies and Oreos, then these are the cookies you need in your life!
I like cookies. Especially chocolate ones and when I make them, I want it to be all about the CHOCOLATE. So, Oreo chocolate cookies are what we have today!
These Oreo chocolate cookies deliver big time in the chocolate department – they have four kinds including melted semi-sweet chocolate and cocoa powder which gives them a wham-o-chocolate flavor. Add in some (okay, A LOT) of chocolate chips and they go next-level.
Oh, and of course you’ll need Oreo cookies. I’m pretty much obsessed (see: Oreo peanut butter popcorn and Oreo peanut butter) and adding Oreos to chocolate cookies just takes them over the top. I like original Oreos, but you can use any flavor you like – these days there are so many flavors to choose from so feel free to get creative!
So, where are my chocolate fans? This cookie recipe is for you!
Table of Contents
Here are the Ingredients You’ll Need
- Softened butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Melted semi-sweet chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Milk chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chopped Oreo cookies
How to Make the Cookies
Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs until the mixture is smooth. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder and continue beating until combined. Add the flour and baking soda and beat until combined. Stir in all the chocolate chips and crushed cookies.
You will need to chill the dough and you have a couple of ways to do it:
- Just place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge and chill it for at least an hour.
- Or, you can chill the bowl for 30 minutes and then scoop the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet and pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes longer.
When I scoop the cookie dough, I use a 2 tablespoons scoop and place each ball approximately 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. The cookies will spread as they bake.
Bake the cookies at 350°F for 8 to 9 minutes or until the tops of the cookies no longer look glossy. You also know when they are ready because you will be able to smell the amazing chocolate scent!
Cool the cookies completely on the cookie sheet and then store them in an airtight container.
Do I have to chill the cookie dough?
I get this question a lot with cookie recipes and, yes, you definitely want to chill the dough. If the dough isn’t cold the cookies will spread super thin, but I promise these chocolate Oreo cookies are worth the wait!
What other kinds of Oreos can I use?
Oooh, so many possibilities with the crushed cookies! Here are some flavors that would work really well if you want to trade out the original Oreos:
- Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Creme
- Peanut butter Creme
- Mint Creme
- Dark Chocolate
There are others, too, so be sure to check out what’s available at your grocery store!
These are some serious Oreo chocolate cookies – I mean, if we’re going to go all in let’s go all in, right? I hope you love them!
Other Oreo Recipes:
- Oreo Layer Cake
- Oreo Cake Roll
- Copycat Peanut Butter Oreos
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Cookies ‘n Cream Brownies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Triple Chocolate Oreo Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8-10 Oreos chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat both sugars, butter, vanilla, and eggs until smooth. Beat in melted baking chocolate and cocoa powder. Beat in salt, flour and baking soda until well blended. Stir in all the chocolate chips and Oreo pieces.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough on the cookie sheets and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat. Place chilled cookie dough balls onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. (The dough does spread). Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the top just stop looking glossy (you’ll start to smell them too). Cool completely before removing from cookie sheets.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Triple Chocolate Oreo Cookies are a fun way of adding one more chocolate treat to Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is an easy, delicious recipe with plenty of chocolate and plenty of Oreos!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: April 21, 2020