This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Are you an eggnog lover? If so, you’re going to want this Eggnog Pudding Dip recipe. It has just 3 ingredients and is the perfect dessert to serve this holiday season.
Eggnog Pudding Dip is simply an easy eggnog pudding you can use for whatever you want: dipping, eating, or putting into a pie.
Easy Eggnog Pudding Dip
I have always loved eggnog; growing up I couldn’t wait for it to get in the stores so we could buy a carton for my dad and I to share. Back then, eggnog didn’t show up in the grocery store until December – I’m glad we don’t have to wait that long now. This year I bought my first carton before Halloween.
As per normal food blogger behavior, I can’t just drink eggnog – nope, I have to do something with it. This year I’ve created one of my favorite holiday desserts yet: Eggnog Pudding Dip. It’s a versatile dessert that’s great with a spoon, in a pie crust, or served with Gingerbread cookie dippers!
3 Ingredient Eggnog Pudding
- Eggnog – Use your favorite flavor and brand of eggnog. Just be sure to use one with dairy (they now make non-dairy eggnog, but pudding mix needs actual dairy to set up).
- Pudding mix – Make sure to use INSTANT pudding. You can choose either vanilla pudding mix or cheesecake flavor! You can also use sugar-free pudding if you want.
- Whipped topping – You’re welcome to make fresh whipped cream but I love the ease of using whipped topping. Use regular, low-fat or sugar-free!
How to make Eggnog Pudding
- Whisk together pudding mix and eggnog. Let sit until it thickens.
- Fold in whipped topping. Place in serving bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
How do you serve Eggnog Pudding Dip?
I love serving sweet dips like this with cookies for a party. Who says a savory appetizer gets to have all the fun? Put this out on the dessert table and people will love it!
The best way to serve eggnog pudding like this is with Walkers Shortbread Gingerbread Men. I’ve also put this same recipe in a pie crust and used Walkers Gingerbread Men as a decorative topper.
You can make instant pudding mix with eggnog as long as it’s a dairy-based eggnog. Just swap out the milk for eggnog!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yes you can use sugar free pudding mix and sugar free cool whip. This has not been tested with sugar-free eggnog but I think it will work.
I recommend serving this fresh and not freezing it.
- 1 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups (355ml) eggnog
- 1 8 ounce container (226g) Cool Whip whipped topping
- Pinch ground nutmeg for garnish
- Walkers Gingerbread Cookies or other dippers for serving
- Whisk together pudding mix and eggnog. Let sit until thick, about 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place in serving bowl. Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
- Serve with cookies or fruit as dippers.
- Only use dairy-based eggnog for this recipe.
- You can use sugar-free instant pudding and sugar-free Cool Whip.
- If you want to use freshly whipped cream, make it from 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (about 3 cups freshly whipped cream).
- Want to make a pie? Make a crust out of the gingerbread men using this shortbread crust recipe!
Other holiday favorites:
- No-bake Tiramisu
- Chocolate Dipped Shortbread
- Lemon Pie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip
- Shortbread Crust (great for this eggnog pudding)
- Meringue Frosting
- Eggnog Pie
- Santa’s Favorite Cookies
- Mom’s Russian Tea Cakes
- Hot Chocolate Bar Party
Walkers Shortbread has been around for more than 121 years! It’s made by the Walkers family in Scotland and it’s my favorite shortbread. It’s the only one I buy.
I remember when I was young it wasn’t something that was mainstream in the grocery store – we could only find it at Disneyland and at the holidays. Now, however, you can buy Walkers Shortbread all year long. At the holidays you can find things from their Holiday Line (like Christmas shaped shortbread).
Shortbread is perfect for a quick indulgence, but it also adds elegance to at-home entertaining. Their cookies can be edible decor, the perfect party favor or a great hostess gift!
Last Updated on December 4, 2022