No Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
No Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake – this easy lush dessert layers peanut butter sandwich cookies with peanut butter pudding! This is the ULTIMATE peanut butter no bake dessert recipe!
Summer is already kicking my behind when it comes to work and, well, life. I love that Jordan is off school because I don’t have to make lunches or worry about homework but I am totally missing the schedule already. School got out two weeks ago and we were gone for half of that. Since we’ve been back she’s had a pool party, dance rehearsal, FOUR dance shows, a visit from the grandparents, and two play dates. She’s having the time of her life…and I’m exhausted.
I don’t know why summer always surprises me. I know it’s coming; I look forward to it. I plan a ton of trips and activities to keep her happy…and then I remember I also need to work. I’m so glad that I’m heading to Canada this week to visit Holly. We have zero plans, our kids like to hang out with each other, and we know we both have work to do, so I know I’ll get caught up. (And drink a lot of wine, lol.)
Luckily, I had the foresight to see summer coming even though I didn’t remember it’s full impact; I made this peanut butter lush recipe weeks ago and have been saving it for the perfect time. Now, when it’s been over 100°F for days and days, it’s the perfect time to share an easy no bake icebox cake, don’t you think?
Especially when it’s allllll peanut butter like this no bake peanut butter icebox cake is!
- Creamy filling
Sometimes there is more than one layer, sometimes there are more than one creamy filling, it all depends on the flavor you’re making.
THIS No Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake is completely peanut butter, from the cookie layers to the pudding to the candy topping.
I call it an icebox cake because it’s more of the “layered” cookie cake that people associate with an icebox cake. Instead of graham crackers or Oreos, THIS icebox cake uses peanut butter sandwich cookies (i.e. Nutter Butters or the generic equivalent). It’s a peanut butter cookie sandwich with peanut butter filling. Because the lush needs to cut and slice like a “cake” I wanted to make sure the cookies would soften enough, so I dipped the cookies in milk before layering them in the pan. Once it’s layered with the creamy filling and soaks awhile, it slices just like a cake.
Then, on top of the cookies, I made an easy peanut butter pudding layer. It’s sweet and perfectly peanut buttery. Peanut Butter Lovers ONLY for this dessert!!
There are two layers of the pudding and then you have the creamy whipped topping and Reese’s Pieces on top. Chopped peanut butter cups would be amazing too! Just chill and then serve…this goes down SO easy. I’ve been known to take a fork to the pan. (Don’t do that unless you’re prepared to eat it all!)
This no bake peanut butter icebox cake is the perfect summer no bake dessert recipe. I can’t wait to make it for my next cookout!
No Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- 27-36 peanut butter sandwich cookies such as Nutter Butter or a generic equivalent
- 1 3/4 cups milk divided
- 1 box 3.4 ounces instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces 1 container Whipped Topping
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces for topping
- Place 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl or measuring cup. Dip 1/3 the peanut butter cookies quickly in the milk and then place in the bottom of an 8x8” pan.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups milk with the pudding in a large bowl. Let set until set, then stir in the peanut butter and half of the whipped topping.
- Spread 1/2 of the peanut butter mixture on top of the cookie layer. Dip another 1/3 of the cookies in milk and place on top the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining pudding, then dip the remaining cookies in milk and place on top.
- Spread the rest of the whipped topping over the cookies and sprinkle with Reese’s Pieces.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you’re as crazy for peanut butter desserts as I am, this lush dessert will become addictive! I can also see an obsession with Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats Pinwheels, Peanut Butter Cup Pie, and Chocolate Ganache Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Cups. Peanut butter love for everyone!