This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Cookies are the perfect party desserts so next time you’re planning a dessert table, make a cookie board! Instead of serving different platters of cookies, you can easily put together a big charcuterie-like board with cookies – and your guests will love it.
Table of Contents
What is a Cookie Dessert Board?
Basically, this is a way to serve dessert, rather than an actual recipe. Normally at a party you’ll see a big table with different platters of foods or desserts and this is a fun way to combine them all in one place.
- Great for a potluck – use a few different kinds of cookies when you take dessert to a party!
- Flavors everyone loves – add different flavors to please different tastes!
- A great excuse to make different kinds of cookies!
Best Cookies for a Cookie Party
There are so many ways to make a cookie board like this! The one I’m showing here contains all cookies from my cookbook, Crazy for Cookies Brownies and Bars:
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Oreo Red Velvet Cookies
- White Chocolate Pistachio Haystack Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Brownies
- Cinnamon Blondies
- Birthday Cake Sandwich Cookies
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
But you can use any kind of cookies you want to make a dessert board:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Gooey Bars
- Or anything your heart desires!
Cookie Dessert Board Themes
You can even theme your dessert board to the time of year!
New Years Eve Cookie Board: Make one of the Cookie Cakes from my book and decorate it like a clock face. Surround it with other favorite cookies!
Cookie Fondue: Serve your favorite cookies with some chocolate fondue!
It’s Too Hot For The Oven Board: Make a collection of no bake cookies from my book (or even those classic no bake cookies) for a summer party.
There are so many options for how to make a cookie board. For even more board ideas (and cookie ideas) be sure to buy the books:
Dessert Boards – a collection of 50 beautifully sweet platters and boards for family, friends, holidays and occasions.
Crazy for Cookies, Brownies and Bars – 85 cookie recipes that are super fast, made from scratch and family favorites!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Ultimate Cookie Dessert Board
- Use a large board (any shape, at least 24-inches in diameter if it's round).
- Arrange the cookies of like type in a circle around the board.
- Stack bars and no bake cookies in the center.
- Serve with milk!