This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This EASY Pumpkin Pie is the best and easiest ever! It’s the PERFECT pumpkin pie recipe and has just 6 ingredients. This is a NO FAIL pie that will be perfect every time! If you don’t think you can make pumpkin pie, think again: you CAN make this one!
Table of Contents
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe everyone loves
Come holiday time, it’s really important for me to celebrate with my friends as well as my family, which is why I love hosting Friendsgiving. Have you ever attended a Friendsgiving? Let’s be honest: holidays with friends have less drama than those with family, am I right? I look forward to ours every year!
If you’re hosting the holiday this year, try this pie recipe: it’s foolproof and you can make it even if you’ve never made pie before!
The name of this pie says it all: it really is the easiest pie ever! With just 6 ingredients (including a refrigerated pie crust) it’s made in no time at all.
If you think you can’t make pie, think again – this pumpkin pie will be a success no matter what!
Why you’ll love this recipe
This pie is a dessert with a spiced pumpkin-based custard filling. Even if you don’t love a cooked custard pie, I urge you to try this one. It’s smooth and creamy and more like a thick pudding!
Best Crust for Pumpkin Pie
Honestly, I love my all butter pie crust recipe, but one of the things I hear most often from readers and friends is that pie crust is hard to make from scratch. It’s really not that hard if you use my recipe, but I get it.
- Use a refrigerated crust like I did
- Use a frozen pie crust
- You could also use a graham cracker crust instead!
What’s so easy about this Pumpkin Pie with sweetened condensed milk? For one, there are only 6 ingredients. One of those is the pie crust, so the custard filling only has 5 ingredients:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Get regular, not fat free, and make sure it’s NOT evaporated milk. This gives the liquid and the sweetness the pie needs. Since you’re using sweetened condensed milk you don’t need to add any brown sugar or granulated sugar!
- Pumpkin Puree: You’re going to use a can of pumpkin – not a can of pumpkin pie filling.
- Eggs: Use large eggs
- Salt: Just a bit as a flavor enhancer
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: This gives it all the pumpkin pie flavor!
Using sweetened condensed milk in pumpkin pie makes it thicker and smoother than using evaporated milk.PRO TIP
How to make EASY Pumpkin Pie
- Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place your pie crust in a pie dish (9-inch).
- Add the pie filling to the crust.
If you’re noticing liquid on top of your pumpkin pie while it’s still warm or right out of the oven it means that it’s been over baked. It means the proteins in the custard have thickened too much. If you’re noticing this after chilling, that’s normal condensation.
Yes you must refrigerate pumpkin pie. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and chill for up to 3 days.
Yes it can! Cool completely then wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for up to a month.
For this recipe you must use sweetened condensed milk. There is no additional sugar in the recipe so the milk is where all the sweetness comes from. You can swap evaporated milk in place or milk or cream in regular pumpkin pie recipes with added granulated and/or brown sugar.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
- Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into prepared pie crust. Place pie crust on a baking sheet. Cover edges with foil strips or a pie shield.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 mintues then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the pie looks almost set – it will be a teeny bit jiggly in the center but not liquidy. The edges may start to crack slightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then chill before serving.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can freeze this pie for up to one month.
Try my other classic Thanksgiving pie recipes:
- Mom’s Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie
- Elmer’s Brown Sugar Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Chip Chess Pie
- Crumb Apple Pie
These recipes will go great on your Thanksgiving table:
- Cornbread Stuffing with andouille
- Buttery Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Mom’s Thanksgiving Turkey
- Green Beans with bacon
- Or check out all my other pie recipes!
Last Updated on October 14, 2022