This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Butterfinger Pie tastes just like the famous candy bar with a creamy peanut butter filling and crushed butterfingers mixed in! This is a quick and easy pie recipe that you can make with a pastry pie crust or a no-bake cookie crust.
Either way, you will want to treat yourself to a big slice of this creamy, cold peanut butter and cream cheese pie.
Table of Contents
The Best Butterfinger Pie Recipe
Who are my Butterfinger fans? If you love the crispy peanut butter and chocolate candy bar, you are going to love this easy pie! Butterfinger pie is so easy to make and has the best filling made with peanut butter and cream cheese for a rich, cool and creamy dessert.
I get a lot of inspiration from candy and look for any excuse to turn my favorites into pies. Like my peanut butter candy pie and candy bar pie, this Butterfinger pie recipe with cream cheese takes the candy bar’s flavors and turns it into a dessert everyone will love.
You only need six ingredients for the filling that you mix up together – no fussy steps with this one.
You have options for the crust – I love a flaky butter crust, but you can make it even easier with a pre-made crust or a no-bake crust (more on that in a minute!).
This is a great make-ahead pie. You can prepare the crust and make the filling ahead of time and then leave it to chill until you’re ready to serve it.
It has chopped Butterfingers in the filling so you the classic candy bar flavor in every bite.
Butterfinger Pie Recipe Video
Ingredients in Butterfinger Peanut Butter Pie
- Crust: Use my All-butter pie crust or to make a no-bake pie you can use graham cracker, Oreo, Peanut Butter Cookie Crust or anything from the store.
- Cream Cheese: Softened cream cheese is the base of the filling.
- Peanut butter: Creamy or crunchy no-stir peanut butter can be used
- Sugar: Granulated sugar, for sweetness
- Vanilla extract: For flavor
- Cool Whip: This adds the fluffiness. Whipped Topping is easy to use and makes it totally no-fail.
- Chopped Butterfinger candy bars
Tip: You can substitute 3 cups homemade whipped cream for the Cool Whip if you prefer!
How to Make Butterfinger Pie
If you are using my all-butter crust or pre-made pie dough, you will need to blind-bake it first. Basically, you chill the dough in the pie pan, poke holes in the bottom of the crust, and then bake it until it’s cooked through and lightly golden.
Once you have your crust prepared, it’s as simple as mixing the filling and chilling the pie:
- Beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Add the peanut butter and mix again before adding the sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the Cool Whip and chopped candy bars. Spoon the filling into your prepared crust. Cover the pie and refrigerate for at least four hours. Top the pie with more Cool Whip before slicing and serving.
Recipe Tips and Tricks!
- Feel free to use homemade whipped cream for the filling and the topping instead of Cool Whip if that’s what you prefer. Just be aware that Cool Whip tends to hold up better because it has stabilizers. If you use whipped cream and have leftovers, the whipped cream might break down after a few days.
- Sprinkling some finely chopped Butterfingers over the top before you serve it would be an excellent idea!
- The pie needs at least two hours to chill in the fridge, but you can let it sit overnight. Any leftovers will keep well for a few days.
- Love frozen pie? You should try my frozen Butterfinger ice cream pie, too!
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you have to give this one a try. It tastes just like Butterfingers but served up as a creamy, delicious pie. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Other Favorite Pies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Butterfinger Pie Recipe
- 1 recipe Pie Crust blind baked (see note)
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese softened
- ½ cup (133g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce/226g) container Cool Whip (or about 3 cups freshly whipped cream)
- 1 ½ cups (182g) chopped Butterfingers candy bars
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth, then mix in peanut butter until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and mix until combined, then stir in Cool Whip. Stir in chopped Butterfingers.
- Place mixture in pie. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. Serve with extra whipped topping or whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
This EASY Butterfinger Pie recipe is full of peanut butter and Butterfinger candy bars. With a no bake filling this simple pie is delicious with a pastry pie crust or substitute a graham cracker crust or oreo crust! This really is the BEST pie recipe!
Last Updated on November 1, 2021