This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Enjoy this easy no-bake Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie, with a crunchy Oreo crust, peanut butter and lots of Butterfinger candy bars. This is the perfect frozen pie recipe – we absolutely loved it.
Table of Contents
No Bake Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie
There’s a good reason why I’m always making Butterfinger recipes: Peanut butter! But this time, I’m making a homemade Butterfinger pie that requires no oven! Just mix in a few simple ingredients and let it freeze for a delicious no bake dessert.
Remember when I shared my post about how to make an Oreo crust? I made 3 pie crusts that day. One turned into a cheesecake, the other turned into a strawberry shortcake, and the final Oreo crust? Became this pie: A glorious No-Bake Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It takes just a few minutes to assemble
- Lots of Butterfingers and peanut butter
- It’s ice cream in an Oreo crust!
- Oreo Crust: I’m always making my own Oreo crust at home since it’s so easy but a store-bought crust works fine. You could also use a graham cracker crust if you prefer.
- Sweetened condensed milk: do not confuse this for evaporated milk since the cans look so similar
- Peanut butter: make sure you use no-stir peanut butter for the best results
- Cool Whip: this is the secret ingredient to all no-bake pies! You can substitute 3 cups fresh whipped cream instead.
- Butterfingers: I’m using fun-size Butterfinger candy bars and I finely chopped them. You can use a food processor to get the crushed Butterfingers or use Butterfinger Bits.
How to make Butterfinger pie
- Stir sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in crushed Butterfinger candy bars.
- Spread peanut butter filling in the prepared chocolate pie crust.
- Cover the peanut butter pie with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed Butterfingers and serve.
- You can use fat-free or regular sweetened condensed milk.
- You can use regular, light, fat-free, or sugar-free Cool Whip. You can also use fresh whipped cream if you prefer. Just be careful, if you’re using fresh, not to break the cream when you’re stirring it all together.
- This pie freezes soft. It’s not a hard-pack ice cream, but more like a combination of soft serve/frozen/cheesecake texture.
- Add more Butterfingers if you want. More is always better!
Yes. You can use another
Butterfinger ice cream pie can last for up to 1 month if left in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer.
Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 Oreo Crust or store bought
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter (not natural; use a no-stir brand)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 12 mini Butterfinger candy bars chopped fine, about 2 cups
- Stir sweetened condensed millk and peanut butter in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in 1 3/4 cup of the crushed candy bars.
- Spread filling in prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle with remaining crushed Butterfingers. Store covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Last Updated on June 5, 2023