This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
For an elegant chocolate dessert, it doesn’t get any better than this Chocolate Ganache Pie! It has an Oreo crust, salted caramel pecan layer, and a thick chocolate ganache layer topped with sea salt! This pie recipe is the epitome of decadence!
Table of Contents
Ultimate Chocolate Caramel Pie Recipe
I’m hitting you with this chocolate ganache pie today, and it is beyond insane! It has a layer of pecan caramel topped with a rich and fudgy ganache. It’s finished with just a sprinkling of sea salt, and all of it sits on a chocolate cookie no-bake crust.
It’s part tart, part pie, and downright decadent! The best part is that it’s EASY. Like, no-bake easy. It looks like it belongs in the window display of a fancy dessert shop, but no one at your party has to know how really easy it was to make.
It has it all – crunchy nuts, gooey caramel, and fudgy ganache all layered together for the ultimate chocolate pecan tart. So add it to your list, friends. You have got to try it!
How to make Chocolate Ganache Pie Video
Oreo Cookies: Finely crush them in a food processor. You don’t need to remove the filling.
Butter: Use melted unsalted butter to make the crust.
Caramels: You can use Werther’s Chewy Caramels or Kraft caramel squares.
Heavy Whipping Cream: You will need some for the caramel filling and the ganache; no substitutions.
Pecans: Chopped toasted pecans are going to be mixed with the caramel.
Chocolate Chips: Dark or semi-sweet work best
Coarse sea salt: This is used to garnish the tart for serving.
What pan is best for ganache tart?
For this chocolate caramel pecan pie recipe, you will need either a 9-10-inch springform pan, 9-10” tart pan, or 9” pie plate. Coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Tart
1. Grind the cookies in a food processor until fine. You don’t need to remove the filling. Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl.
2. Then press the mixture into the bottom of your pan and 1” up the sides. If you are using a tart pan or pie pan, you should be able to press the crumb mixture all the way up the sides. Chill the crust while you prepare the filling.
3. Place the caramels and four tablespoons of heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat them on high power for two to three minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
4. One the mixture is smooth, stir in the salt and pecans.
5. Spread the caramel mixture in the bottom of the crust. You need to do this before the caramel hardens.
6. Place the chocolate chips and the rest of the heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high power for about one minute and 15 seconds.
7. Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is smooth. It will be the texture of thick pudding.
8. Spread the ganache evenly over the top of the caramel layer.
9. Sprinkle the coarse sea salt over the top of the ganache and refrigerate the tart for two hours.
How to Serve Chocolate Pecan Tart
If you use a springform or tart pan, remove the sides while the tart is cold and then leave it out at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. If you use a pie pan, you can leave it in the pan while it sits out before cutting it.
- Like my Butterscotch Pie, I like to use a springform pan for this recipe. The removable sides make it easy to serve and slice the pie, especially if you’re taking it somewhere and don’t want to lose the pie plate. But, if you have a tart pan with a removable base or a regular old 9″ pie plate, they work well, too.
- Learn how to make my Oreo Crust!
- If you’re not excited about an Oreo crust, feel free to use my shortbread crust for this recipe!
- For the caramel filling, look for Werther’s chewy caramels or Kraft caramel squares. Both are great for this recipe.
- For the ganache, I recommend using high-quality chocolate chips. They make all the difference!
- Make Ahead: What I love best about this chocolate caramel pie is that you can make it ahead.
- How to store: It keeps well in the refrigerator for up to five days!
Toasting nut enhances their flavor and draws out all the natural oils, so it’s definitely worth doing if you have the time. If you don’t, you can skip it!
I don’t recommend freezing it, but it will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator.
Yes, it’s optional but does add a nice finishing touch!
Yes, milk chocolate chips will work great. However, for a deeper, more intense chocolate flavor, I recommend sticking with dark chocolate.
More Holiday Pies You’ll Love
- Peppermint Ganache Pie
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Pie Filling Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe Sweetened Condensed Milk
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Pie
- 25 Oreo cookies finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons (70g) unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces chewy caramels , unwrapped (Werther's Chewy or Kraft squares)
- 1 ¼ cup (288ml) heavy whipping cream divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted (see note)
- 2 cups (340g) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea Salt coarse for finishing
- Spray bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use a 9” tart pan (with removable bottom) or a 9” pie plate.
- Stir Oreo crumbs and melted butter with a fork, then press into the bottom and 1” up the sides of the pan. (If using a tart pan or pie plate, press the crumbs all the way up the sides.) Chill until ready to fill.
- Place caramels and 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Heat on high power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth. Stir in salt to taste, then pecans, then spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 cup heavy whipping cream in a large bowl. Heat on high power for about 1 minute 15 seconds, then whisk until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the caramel layer.
- Sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt and chill until set, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator. Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes before serving. If you’re using a springform pan or tart pan with removable base, remove the base from the sides while the pie is cold.
Caramel Pecan Chocolate Ganache Pie is a no bake pie recipe with Oreo crust, caramel pecan filling and rich chocolate ganache topping. It’s decadent and everyone LOVES it!
Last Updated on November 4, 2021