This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are a fast and easy dessert. They’re so fun and great for giving, quick snacks, or dessert tables. Chocolate with pretzel rods and nuts or sprinkles for topping – the salty sweet combination is fabulous – everyone loves these from kids to adults.
Table of Contents
Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Nuts
Once you make this recipe for dipped pretzels once, you’re going to love how easy it is! There is nothing out there that has the flavor of this almond bark dipped pretzels – I promise! Pretzels with almond bark have an amazing salty and sweet crispy flavor, and let’s not forget all the chocolate!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- All you need are just a few minutes of time to make these dipped pretzel rods!
- You only need a few ingredients
- Kids can help make them!
Ingredients to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Almond Bark
- Chocolate – use your favorite kind. Semi sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate or even white chocolate chips work. You can also swap almond bark or candy melts!
- Vegetable oil – If you’re using chocolate chips, this helps them melt. You can substitute shortening if needed.
- Chopped Nuts – We love chopped almonds but you can use any nuts. Swap sprinkles if you don’t want to use nuts.
- Pretzel Rods – Rods are a must! Find these at the grocery store in the pretzel section.
How to make Easy Chocolate Pretzels
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place chopped almonds or sprinkles in a bowl and lay out your pretzel rods on the wax paper.
- Stir chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Alternately, use candy melts or almond bark and omit the oil. Just melt as specified on the package.
- Dip each pretzel rod in the chocolate as for as you can in the bowl you’re using. If you want the chocolate to come further up the rod than the bowl allows, use a spoon to paint it up the rod. Tap off the excess chocolate, then place the rod on the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or other toppings.
- Repeat until the chocolate is gone. Chill to set.
Storing & Freezing Instructions
How to store dipped pretzels: As long as you store these pretzels in an airtight container, you can store them for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator!
Can you freeze dipped pretzels? I don’t recommend freezing them because they’re really simple and quick to make. As long as you have about 15 minutes of time, you can make them fresh.
Great Gift Idea!
I think that these make great gift ideas! Once you dip pretzels into the melted chocolate, put them on wax paper to firm up, and then add them to a cute food gift box!
Sprinkles are always a great idea! You can easily omit the nuts and use sprinkles or even mini sweet chocolate chips instead.
If you want to prep ahead, you can! You can make these up to 14 days in advance, but be sure to keep them in an airtight container in the fridge.
For them to be firmed up all the way, I’d give them about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This is where adding the oil comes into play. If the dipping or melting chocolate is too thick, the oil will help to easily thin it out.
You can dip or drizzle pretzels; up to you! When you dip into the melted chocolate, you’re covering the entire top of the rod with chocolate. When you drizzle, you just need to put a little bit of melted chocolate on a fork and then wave it back and forth over the top of the pretzel rod. This will drizzle the rod with chocolate, but it won’t be as thick.
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels Recipe
- 1 cup (270g) chocolate chips (any flavor – see note about using almond bark)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped nuts (any kind)
- 12 Pretzel Rods
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place chopped nuts in a bowl and gather pretzel rods.
- Stir chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. (I like to use Dixie paper bowls for this because it’s easy clean up.) Heat on high power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip each pretzel rod in the chocolate as for as you can in the bowl you’re using. If you want the chocolate to come further up the rod than the bowl allows, use as spoon to paint it up the rod. Tap off the excess chocolate, then place the rod on the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Repeat until chocolate is gone. Chill to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To use almond bark or candy melts – use about 10 ounces and omit the oil. Melt according to package directions.
- Swap the nuts out for sprinkles or any other toppings you like!
Try these other pretzel favorites:
Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are a great snack or dessert – or a great gift for the holidays! Sprinkle them with nuts or candy or sprinkles – the perfect recipe!
Last Updated on October 19, 2022