Jun 12

Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie

Summer = S’mores. And since I don’t camp, I eat s’mores in non-traditional ways. Like Pie.

This S’mores Pie is filled with chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallows. There is nothing better than this pie!

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie: gooey, super chocolatey and perfect!

So yesterday I showed you the perfect graham cracker pie crust. I promised you a pie to use it with and I don’t like to break promises. Enter: this pie.

We’ve talked about this at length before, but for you newbies: I don’t camp. I don’t sleep outdoors, I don’t like bonfires, and I really don’t like bugs.

I tell my husband I am perfectly happy going to Yosemite or the Grand Canyon or any campground…as long as I have a cabin, a bed, indoor plumbing, and wifi.

I spent my childhood summers in an RV. Two weeks every summer, which I do remember fondly. I saw a lot of the country as a kid; more than most of my friends. I’ve been to every western state and seen all the landmarks. I’ve also had my fill of having to shower in a campground.

And, well, my husband turned me into a princess. I blame it all on him. I didn’t know what Nordstorm’s was and the ritziest hotel I’d ever stayed at was a Best Western until I met him. It’s all his fault.

Anyway, this does relate to pie. Because while I don’t roast marshmallow over an open bonfire, I do like to roast them with my blowtorch. And I like to turn them into other things…like this Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie.

Really, there are no words to describe this pie.

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie

I mean, really. Is there anything better?

Let’s break it down.

I used my perfect graham cracker crust. This one was baked for 10 minutes in a 325° oven, but you can use the no-bake version as well.

Then I filled the pie with chocolate ganache. It’s like a pie full of fudge.

And then I topped it with marshmallows and attacked it with my blowtorch.

Do you have a kitchen blow torch? They’re fun. You should get one.

If not, you can broil the pie too. It’ll achieve the same result.

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie

And by result, I meant ooey gooey chocolate marshmallow s’mores goodness.

This pie is way better than camping. It’s better than most things, actually.

It’s über chocolatey. Ganache is like that.

The graham cracker crust is perfect.

And the marshmallows…

The perfect Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie!

I’d say they’re pretty perfect too.

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie (8 of 8)

Wouldn’t you?

Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie

Yield: 1-9" pie, about 12 servings

Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie

This Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie is one of the easiest things ever! It's decadent with chocolate ganache and screams summer from melty marshmallows. It's a must make!

• 1 9” graham cracker crust (baked or no-bake, from scratch or the grocery store)
  • 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • About 20 large marshmallows (or more if you want)

1. Place chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, then whisk. If the chocolate doesn’t melt into the heavy cream, heat an additional 15-30 seconds, whisking every 15. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
  2. Pour ganache into prepared crust. Cover and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
  3. Right before serving top with large marshmallows. Broil or use a hand torch to toast the marshmallows. Best served right after topping with the marshmallows.

Notes

If you are broiling the pie, make sure you place it under the broiler when it's very cold so it doesn't melt. Remove it from the refrigerator, quickly place the marshmallows on top, then broil immediately. Do not walk away when broiling, it will only take a few moments. Use fresh, room temperature marshmallows for best results.

S’more Oreo Truffles

Smore Oreo Truffles (5 of 6)w

Brownie Cookie S’mores

brownie-cookie-smores (4 of 5)w

S’mores Pudding

smores-pudding (4 of 4)w

Reese’s S’mores Chocolate Cookies by Something Swanky
Strawberry Shortcake S’mores by A Spicy Perspective
Indoor S’mores by Dessert for Two

74 Responses to “Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie”

1. Chloe @ foodlikecake posted on June 12, 2014 at 3:08 am (#)

i love anything s’mores and this pie is no acception!

2. Librarian Lavender posted on June 12, 2014 at 3:12 am (#)

That looks like the perfect summer pie! Great recipe!

3. Medeja posted on June 12, 2014 at 3:57 am (#)

Oh.. oh oh oh.. this pie looks so tempting and sounds so good.. :)

4. How to Philosophize with Cake posted on June 12, 2014 at 4:28 am (#)

Woah now that is some rich pie. So much ganache. And marshmallows. And graham crust. OMG. :D

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:55 am

YES. The richer the better. :) Plus it’ll feed a lot, little slices!

5. Ashton posted on June 12, 2014 at 5:20 am (#)

Ho.Ly. Crap. I’ve made a tiny version of this before, so I have an idea of what this tastes like. Only yours likes a million gazillion times better than mine, so my brain is kind of exploding imagining this!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:55 am

LOL, after I made it I remembered your Easter ones. :)

6. Tieghan posted on June 12, 2014 at 5:23 am (#)

Summer is all about S’more and this is the ultimate!

7. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on June 12, 2014 at 5:25 am (#)

Love this pie, Dorothy! Such a fun twist on a classic dessert! I’m not a huge fan of marshmallows, but I think I would eat this pie, especially with the ganache! Pinned!

8. Mir posted on June 12, 2014 at 5:34 am (#)

Isn’t room service the best? It’s so much better than a shower on a campground.
    The ganache looks amazing, and I love that you do it in a microwave! And who doesn’t love having fun with a blowtorch? This is fantastic, Dorothy!

9. Katherines Corner posted on June 12, 2014 at 6:52 am (#)

Brilliant!!! I invite you to share your yumminesss at my hop today. Hugs

10. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:08 am (#)

Girl you weren’t kidding about great minds. This is fantastic!!! Now send me over a slice stat!

11. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:49 am (#)

I’m a s’mores addict so I am competely loving this pie! Looks amazing!

12. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on June 12, 2014 at 9:01 am (#)

This is AWESOME! And your pics are wonderful! I made a smores pie over the winter (talk about seasonally confused) and this is the pie I had in my mind but didn’t make. Mine was a brownie pie. This thing looks crazy good! Pinned

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Ha, I totally remember. I went back to make sure it wasn’t ganache!!!

13. Matt Robinson posted on June 12, 2014 at 9:37 am (#)

Amazing as always Dorothy, love this pie!

14. Annie @ Annie's Noms posted on June 12, 2014 at 10:49 am (#)

Oh man, this looks delicious!

15. Lindsay Ann @ Lindasy Ann Bakes posted on June 12, 2014 at 11:12 am (#)

you are my new favorite person! I thought the filling was going to be chocolate pudding… but you went there… rich fudgy ganache filling???!!! YES PLEASE! and the buttery crust and gooey mallow topping. I will never make an ordinary s’more again after making this!

16. Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking posted on June 12, 2014 at 12:38 pm (#)

I am jealous that you have seen that much of the country! I cannot say I am jealous of the RV vacations. Your husband sounds wonderful! You deserve to be spoiled :-) And I deserve this pie. Mmmmmm yes. Smores pie. Can’t wait to try out that crust too! Always looking for a better crust!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:14 pm

They were the cheap way to travel, but I’m so not into those anymore. Talk about everyone in the same room…no thank you!

17. Julie @ Texan New Yorker posted on June 12, 2014 at 1:08 pm (#)

Oh my, how good does this look? Love S’Mores, love pie, so of course this is completely up my alley. As an aside, I’m with you on the whole camping thing. Though in one way, my story is opposite yours: my parents, who aren’t into camping, spoiled me with hotel, indoor plumbing-laden vacations, and my husband is the one who would love to take me camping. 11+ years together and it still hasn’t happened. Stay tuned…. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:13 pm

That’s my daughter. She freaked out at a sleepover recently where the kids had to sleep out side – she came home!

18. Alice // Hip Foodie Mom posted on June 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm (#)

oh my gawd, this looks SO good .. I want to make this like right now!!! LOVE!! I soooo need a blow torch. . this might be the recipe that makes me finally buy one!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 6:12 pm

You NEED one. I got one on a whim and OMG I love it!

19. Emily @ Life on Food posted on June 12, 2014 at 5:08 pm (#)

I love everything about this pie. Nature and I don’t get along. I camp like you camp.

20. Mom posted on June 12, 2014 at 5:22 pm (#)

This looks wonderful. I love the pics, especially the one where you tear the marshmallow with the fork! Yum!!!

21. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on June 12, 2014 at 7:09 pm (#)

We must be soul sisters cuz I do not camp and I do spend all my time and $$ at nordies!! LOL Oh and I love chocolate ganache so the fact that you’ve put it in a pie topped with marshamallows!! DAmnn!!

22. Laurie F. posted on June 12, 2014 at 7:30 pm (#)

Where do you get the blowtorch? I have to make this! And about camping, my parents would never take us, so I starting going with other people as soon as I turned 18. Love it! Makes me feel like some brave, resourceful pioneer woman.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 12th, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I got mine at Sur la Table, but I they might have them at Target. Any kitchen store for sure!

23. Tori posted on June 12, 2014 at 7:49 pm (#)

I grew up travelling in an RV too. Why sleep in a tent when you can get all the benefits of camping without truly roughing. right?
    This pie looks so good. Now I want to make s’mores flavored something.

24. Laurie F. posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm (#)

I have to find a blowtorch, and make this! On the subject of camping, my parents would never take us. So, as soon as I turned 18, I started going with other people. Love it! Makes me feel like a brave, resourceful pioneer woman.

25. tahnycooks posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:19 pm (#)

This pie is so fun! This is a “must make” for the next cook out! I do love sitting by the campfire with friends and family though. I think we have some of the best laughs there! BUGS!!! ick, they end our campfire conversations way too early almost every time!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 13th, 2014 at 6:46 am

I want a fire pit for my yard…with some comfy chairs. Win-win. :) lol

26. Danielle posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:20 pm (#)

This looks absolutely delicious! And I love your pie crust recipe too I need a good one it looks perfect!

27. marcie posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:28 pm (#)

This pie is completely insane! I love s’mores, so this looks beyond good! :)

28. sheila @ Sweet Baked Life posted on June 12, 2014 at 8:53 pm (#)

I think I’ve gone to s’mores heaven! AMAZING! Also, I’m with you on the camping thing! :)

29. Kelly posted on June 12, 2014 at 9:00 pm (#)

I am so not an outdoorsy kinda gal and went camping once and that was it for me haha. But I do love me some s’mores. Especially if it looks like this gorgeous pie! Love the chocolate ganache – pinning :)

30. Heather Gilmour posted on June 13, 2014 at 2:51 am (#)

Chocolate ganache and marshmallows sounds like a sugar bomb but that pie looks so delicious so my only wish is to eat it all :)
    London Domestic cleaning services

31. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron posted on June 13, 2014 at 5:59 am (#)

This pie is definitely better than camping! Wow it looks amazing Dorothy!! And I love anything with lots of chocolate ganache :) Pinned!

32. Veronica posted on June 13, 2014 at 6:20 am (#)

Wow this pie looks gorgeous Dorothy! I would love a slice right now. The gooey toasted marshmallows look like a dream… Yum!

33. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction posted on June 13, 2014 at 6:38 am (#)

Given my addiction to all things s’mores, you know this is going to make an appearance in my kitchen asap!

34. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on June 13, 2014 at 8:30 am (#)

This pie looks delicious! I’d much rather eat this inside than go camping too :)

35. dina posted on June 13, 2014 at 8:35 am (#)

what a fun pie!

36. Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips posted on June 13, 2014 at 12:12 pm (#)

I camp like you, but I am all about S’Mores, and this PIE – WOW!!

37. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on June 13, 2014 at 12:16 pm (#)

I want to dive head first into that ganache filling! OH MY GAWD!

38. Kayla posted on June 13, 2014 at 1:43 pm (#)

I want this right now. It’s just perfect! The chocolate base, and the marshmallow top… divine.

39. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} posted on June 13, 2014 at 5:15 pm (#)

Oh my goodness, this is over the top awesome. Gorgeous!

40. Melanie @ Carmel Moments posted on June 13, 2014 at 6:10 pm (#)

You’ve totally outdone yourself girl! I know where to turn when I want a S’mores recipe.
    This looks perfect for a pie eating contest. I can’t imagine ever getting sick over this deliciousness!
    Have a marvelous weekend!

41. Cate @ Chez CateyLou posted on June 13, 2014 at 7:51 pm (#)

I can’t even handle how delicious this looks!! That rich fudgy pie and those toasty marshmallows?? YUM! I don’t camp either, so this is the perfect way for me to get my s’mores fix! Hope you have a great weekend, Dorothy!

42. Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch posted on June 13, 2014 at 8:44 pm (#)

Oh my goodness these look amazing! I love smokes! Pinning for later!

43. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on June 14, 2014 at 1:07 pm (#)

Great dessert idea for those of us who don’t like camping so much ;) hehehe

44. Crystal posted on June 14, 2014 at 5:46 pm (#)

Amazing!! I love s’mores!!! My mouth is drooling! Thanks so much for the recipe!!

45. Jess @ Sweet Menu posted on June 14, 2014 at 10:39 pm (#)

I must try this! I think this pie looks amazing Dorothy!

46. Erin posted on June 16, 2014 at 1:12 am (#)

I need this pie in my life!! I’ve never had a S’More (not American so it wasn’t part of my childhood) but they always sounded so delicious!! I think I need to make this pie ASAP!

47. Laney posted on June 16, 2014 at 7:56 am (#)

WAYYYY too rich for me. There is nothing light enough to balance the chocolate ganache out! Sorry our family didn’t enjoy this but thatpnk you fir sharing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 16th, 2014 at 12:13 pm

It’s definitely rich – that’s a lot of ganache! I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it. Maybe adding some whipped cream or ice cream would help, ha! (That’s my mind – we like it rich around here.) :)

48. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles posted on June 16, 2014 at 5:25 pm (#)

Pie queen does it again!!
    Looove and swoon!

49. Pingback: Pecan Pie - Something Swanky

50. Pingback: plasmatics-life: Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie & Recipe | Paruna.ru

51. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on June 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm (#)

I grew up camping too, and there were times we’d even skip the tent and sleep out under the stars on our super thin blow-up mattress pads (if you can even call them that). It was magical as a kid, and even a pre-teen, but I doubt I could do that for multiple days on end. But… My parents literally just bought a cabin in Tahoe on Sunday (my mom has been lusting after this cabin-on-a-lake dream for 12 years), so “camping” trips this summer will be a whole lot easier! But in the meantime, a s’mores pie in the comfort of my own kitchen with my culinary torch sounds pretty darn good. ;)

52. Meggan | Culinary Hill posted on June 18, 2014 at 7:36 am (#)

You are so right – I need a kitchen blow torch. :) And this pie looks amazing! I didn’t think a S’more needed improvement, but you proved me wrong. Ganache is sooooo much better than a small piece of chocolate! Love your photos too!

53. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on June 20, 2014 at 6:48 pm (#)

Those pictures are knocking my socks off!! SO DARNED DELICIOUS!!!

I, like you, not into camping (although I camped my whoooole life. But I always hated it.) But s’mores? THE BEST!

54. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on June 20, 2014 at 10:31 pm (#)

Oh my gosh, you did not play around. You just straight up put some ganache in a graham cracker crust and slapped down those flaming marshmallows like nobody’s business, and I love you for that. So good!

55. Pingback: Black Bottom Dulce de Leche Pie - Crazy for Crust