Jun 12

Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie

Summer = S’mores. And since I don’t camp, I eat s’mores in non-traditional ways. Like Pie.

This S’mores Pie is filled with chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallows. There is nothing better than this pie!

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie: gooey, super chocolatey and perfect!

So yesterday I showed you the perfect graham cracker pie crust. I promised you a pie to use it with and I don’t like to break promises. Enter: this pie.

We’ve talked about this at length before, but for you newbies: I don’t camp. I don’t sleep outdoors, I don’t like bonfires, and I really don’t like bugs.

I tell my husband I am perfectly happy going to Yosemite or the Grand Canyon or any campground…as long as I have a cabin, a bed, indoor plumbing, and wifi.

I spent my childhood summers in an RV. Two weeks every summer, which I do remember fondly. I saw a lot of the country as a kid; more than most of my friends. I’ve been to every western state and seen all the landmarks. I’ve also had my fill of having to shower in a campground.

And, well, my husband turned me into a princess. I blame it all on him. I didn’t know what Nordstorm’s was and the ritziest hotel I’d ever stayed at was a Best Western until I met him. It’s all his fault.

Anyway, this does relate to pie. Because while I don’t roast marshmallow over an open bonfire, I do like to roast them with my blowtorch. And I like to turn them into other things…like this Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie.

Really, there are no words to describe this pie.

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie

I mean, really. Is there anything better?

Let’s break it down.

I used my perfect graham cracker crust. This one was baked for 10 minutes in a 325° oven, but you can use the no-bake version as well.

Then I filled the pie with chocolate ganache. It’s like a pie full of fudge.

And then I topped it with marshmallows and attacked it with my blowtorch.

Do you have a kitchen blow torch? They’re fun. You should get one.

If not, you can broil the pie too. It’ll achieve the same result.

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie

And by result, I meant ooey gooey chocolate marshmallow s’mores goodness.

This pie is way better than camping. It’s better than most things, actually.

It’s über chocolatey. Ganache is like that.

The graham cracker crust is perfect.

And the marshmallows…

The perfect Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie!

I’d say they’re pretty perfect too.

Chocolate Ganache S'mores Pie (8 of 8)

Wouldn’t you?

Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie

Yield: 8-10 servings

An easy homemade graham cracker crust filled with chocolate ganache and topped with roasted toasted marshmallows. The perfect no-bake indoor s'more pie!

Ingredients:

• 1 9” graham cracker crust (baked or no-bake or the grocery store)
  • 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • About 20 large marshmallows (or more if you want)

Directions:

1. Place chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, then whisk. If the chocolate doesn’t melt into the heavy cream, heat an additional 15-30 seconds, whisking every 15.
  2. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
  3. Pour ganache into prepared crust. Cover and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
  4. Right before serving top with large marshmallows. Broil or use a hand torch to toast the marshmallows. Best served right after topping with the marshmallows.

Notes:

If you are broiling the pie, make sure you place it under the broiler when it's very cold so it doesn't melt. Remove it from the refrigerator, quickly place the marshmallows on top, then broil immediately. Do not walk away when broiling, it will only take a few moments. Use fresh, room temperature marshmallows for best results.

S’more Oreo Truffles

Smore Oreo Truffles (5 of 6)w

Brownie Cookie S’mores

brownie-cookie-smores (4 of 5)w

S’mores Pudding

smores-pudding (4 of 4)w

Reese’s S’mores Chocolate Cookies by Something Swanky
Strawberry Shortcake S’mores by A Spicy Perspective
Indoor S’mores by Dessert for Two

85 Responses to “Chocolate Ganache S’mores Pie”

1. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking posted on June 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm (#)

I grew up camping too, and there were times we’d even skip the tent and sleep out under the stars on our super thin blow-up mattress pads (if you can even call them that). It was magical as a kid, and even a pre-teen, but I doubt I could do that for multiple days on end. But… My parents literally just bought a cabin in Tahoe on Sunday (my mom has been lusting after this cabin-on-a-lake dream for 12 years), so “camping” trips this summer will be a whole lot easier! But in the meantime, a s’mores pie in the comfort of my own kitchen with my culinary torch sounds pretty darn good. 😉

2. Meggan | Culinary Hill posted on June 18, 2014 at 7:36 am (#)

You are so right – I need a kitchen blow torch. :) And this pie looks amazing! I didn’t think a S’more needed improvement, but you proved me wrong. Ganache is sooooo much better than a small piece of chocolate! Love your photos too!

3. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on June 20, 2014 at 6:48 pm (#)

Those pictures are knocking my socks off!! SO DARNED DELICIOUS!!!

I, like you, not into camping (although I camped my whoooole life. But I always hated it.) But s’mores? THE BEST!

4. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on June 20, 2014 at 10:31 pm (#)

Oh my gosh, you did not play around. You just straight up put some ganache in a graham cracker crust and slapped down those flaming marshmallows like nobody’s business, and I love you for that. So good!

5. Pingback: Black Bottom Dulce de Leche Pie - Crazy for Crust

6. Pingback: S’more Roundup | Schneiderman's {the blog}

7. Pingback: No Bake S'mores Bars - Crazy for Crust

8. Pingback: Crust & Crumbs 15: Visiting Tillamook - Crazy for Crust

9. Pingback: Pumpkin S'mores Cupcakes - Something Swanky

10. Pingback: 25 S'mores recipes: a round up for National S'mores Day - Mom Factually

11. Alison posted on December 21, 2014 at 5:20 am (#)

Summer? i am craving this for Christmas desert, I always make a cheesecake –interested in trying something new and love smores- I have and have been searching the web to find the perfect recipe. Since I am visiting and do not have a blow torch, would you say its ok to brown the marshmallows earlier before leaving? I know not the best but i am not sure i want to deal with the host’s oven. Pretty tempted though!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 21st, 2014 at 7:43 am

As long as you’re eating the pie within a few hours, I think it’ll be fine. Marshmallows don’t last in the air for more than a day or so (they get stale) so a few hours should be fine!

12. Alison posted on December 22, 2014 at 7:38 pm (#)

Hi there, me again. I am a rookie is it best to use heavy cream or whipping cream or does it really not matter. i am very literal about ingredients so I didn’t see “heavy whipping cream as an option” Thank you!
    Alison

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 23rd, 2014 at 6:44 am

The only difference between the two (heavy whipping cream vs. whipping cream) is the fat content: 36% for heavy, 30% for regular. For ganache it shouldn’t matter which you use. Heavy is always better for actual whipped cream (it stays stable longer and is just more stable over all than if you whipped whipping cream) so I always buy heavy. I always list exactly what I use in the ingredients, so readers know. Regular whipping cream should work in the ganache no problem, but I’ve never made it that way. If it’s all you have, use it. If you’re going shopping, buy heavy. :)

13. Marianne posted on March 15, 2015 at 1:44 pm (#)

This pie would never make it the table. It would all be mine.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I kind of feel that way too!

14. Pingback: 15 Non-Traditional Ways To Eat S'mores | The Weary Chef

15. Alicia posted on July 4, 2015 at 7:32 pm (#)

I’m about to attempt doing this in bars, instead of as a pie, for a cookout I’m going to. Going to play around and try and combine it with peanut butter bars, so a peanut butter bar bottom, topped with the ganache, and then the marshmallows. I really hope it works out!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 5th, 2015 at 11:59 am

That should totally work! Did you use peanut butter cookies? Or no bake peanut butter bars? OMG I’m totally making that, lol! Thanks for the idea!

16. karen marie posted on July 21, 2015 at 12:38 pm (#)

I am really surprised that you didn’t use marshmallow whipped cream for this pie.  When I saw the recipe, I instantly thought, “Yes! Just the vehicle for some marshmallow whipped cream!”  http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2015/06/marshmallow-whipped-cream/

I really, really want to make this pie and eat the whole thing by myself.  Is that bad?  Yes.  Yes, it is very bad.