This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
No Bake S’mores Bars have only 4 ingredients, come together in literally minutes, and you can make them indoors!
You might be thinking: aren’t all s’mores no bake? True…but these s’mores bars are even more no bake, because you don’t need a BBQ, campfire, or any sort of heat source to make them.
BEST No Bake S’mores Bars
Every summer I think it must be the hottest summer on record. And every summer someone reminds me that this 90-110° super hot weather in Sacramento is normal. I know they’re right but jeesh. It feels like the hottest summer ever here.
I’m either getting old and turning into that woman who fans herself constantly (even in the grocery store) or my heart is in San Francisco and I just want it to be foggy darn it! #imissfog #awholeheckofalot
There’s no complaining about these, especially because I don’t have to camp to eat them. And we all love how much I love my indoor s’mores. In fact, I never make them outdoors; I just make them into cookies and dip and bars and pie.
Ingredients in Easy S’mores Bars
I don’t think these s’more bars are a new invention. I’m pretty sure there are about a gazillion recipes for this on Pinterest. I decided not to google and let myself think that I’m so freaking smart.
Cereal: It was a way to make s’mores in about 5 minutes without going outside and I got to use one of the best cereals ever: smores bars with Golden Grahams.
Chocolate: Just basic chocolate chips.
Crisco or Oil: To help melt the chocolate
Marshmallows: Mini ones are best.
Want to know a really unkept secret? I pink puffy heart kid cereal. If left to my own devices, I’d eat Golden Grahams for breakfast, Fruity Cheerios for lunch, Reese’s Puffs for snack, and I’d top my nightly ice cream with Frosted Flakes.
This recipe has a whopping total of…4 ingredients.
How to make Smores Bars
- Add your chocolate and crisco to a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix in your cereal and marshmallows.
- Press into a pan, chill and boom. No Bake S’mores Bars. So easy kids can make them.
The kids will love to eat them too.
- Use shortening or oil to smooth out the chocolate. You can leave out that last part but then it’ll be really hard to cut the bars. So…don’t leave it out. You can use Crisco or vegetable/canola/coconut oil.
- These are perfect in a 9×9 or 8×8 pan.
Other No Bake Treats for Summer
- BEST Peanut Butter Bars taste like a peanut butter cup
- Rocky Road Bars are an easy fudge like candy.
- Rice Krispie Treats are another bar made with cereal.
Have you made this recipe?
Just click the 5 stars below to leave a rating!
No Bake S’mores Bars
- 1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips , semi-sweet or milk
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- Line an 8×8” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. (This is for easy removal from the pan.)
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening or oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. (About 1-2 minutes in an 1100W microwave.)
- Stir in the Golden Grahams and marshmallows. Pour into prepared pan. Press to compact (this is a messy step!) Chill until set. Slice into squares.
- These melt like candy, so I suggest keeping them in the refrigerator if you’re not eating them right away. They taste best after the sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Store in an airtight container; they’ll last about a week.
If you love S’MORE RECIPES be sure to check out all of mine. I’ve got tons, from blondies to trifles to cheeseballs. And be sure to check out some of my other favorite s’more recipes, like Pretzel S’more Bites from Well Plated, S’mores Fudge from Wine & Glue, and S’mores Cookie Pie from Two Peas & Their Pod.
No bake S’mores Bars are like a cereal treat and candy bar in one! This easy candy has Golden Grahams and marshmallows and is the perfect indoor s’more recipe.
Last Updated on July 12, 2022