This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
The easiest No Bake Marshmallow Pie will be your new favorite dessert! It’s a pie made with marshmallows, whipped cream, and a graham cracker crust for a light and fluffy marshmallow filling and crunchy sweet no bake crust. You will love how easy it is – only five ingredients!
Table of Contents
What is Marshmallow Pie?
If you love ooey-gooey marshmallows, this marshmallow pie recipe will win your heart! It’s like marshmallow cream meets pie for a simple no bake dessert that’s ready in no time.
Ever have a s’more? Well, this no bake pie is just like it except without the chocolate. But unlike s’mores, you don’t need a campfire to melt the marshmallows!
Marshmallows are melted with milk and then folded into whipped cream for a fluffy, soft pie filling. The graham cracker crust adds the perfect sweet crunch.
Why We Love This No Bake Pie
- You only need five ingredients.
- It’s EASY and takes just minutes to assemble.
- The key to the best filling is melting the marshmallows with milk.
- We just love the textures in this no bake pie. That gooey marshmallow filling with the crust is so good.
- It’s great any time of year but especially during the summer when you don’t want to turn on the oven. Make it ahead for all the summer parties!
- Marshmallows: I prefer using mini marshmallows but you can use large also.
- Milk: Nonfat is fine but regular is best.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This is to make the whipped cream; no substitutions.
- Vanilla Extract: Always buy PURE vanilla!
- Graham Cracker Crust: Use my recipe or a store bought crust
Perfect Graham Cracker Crust (for baked pies or no bake pies)
A graham cracker crust recipe for baked pies and no bake pies! We could also title this post The Anatomy of a Graham Cracker Crust. In other words, we’re making our own graham cracker crust from scratch today and it’ll be the best graham cracker crust you’ve ever had! NEVER buy a store bought crust again…
How do you make Marshmallow Pie?
- Combine the marshmallows and milk in a saucepan and warm them over medium heat. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and the marshmallows are melted.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream and vanilla in a large bowl until the mixture holds stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cooled marshmallow mixture and then pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Chill the marshmallow pie for at least two hours or until it’s set.
Can you melt marshmallows with milk? Absolutely, and it’s how you get that smooth marshmallow mixture to mix with the whipped cream.
Marshmallows: You can use mini marshmallows or large ones – just use 10 ounces total. Or, try using flavored marshmallows to change up the flavor of the pie.
Garnishes: Serve slices of this pie with whipped cream on top, sprinkle crushed graham crackers over the top, or sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. You can also add a drizzle of chocolate sauce to make it even more like a s’more.
More No Bake Desserts to Love
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is another favorite easy recipe.
- Cherry Delight is a summer favorite.
- The BEST Rice Krispie Treats is my go-to marshmallow treat.
Marshmallow Pie Recipe
- 10 ounces (283g) mini marshmallows
- ⅔ cup (158ml) milk
- 1 ½ cups (355ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Place marshmallows and milk in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat to cool completely before continuing.
- Place heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract in a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer). Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture. Place in prepared pie crust. Chill at least 2 hours or until set.
- Serve with additional whipped cream (optional).
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. I do not suggest freezing this pie.
- Don’t skip the cooling step – you cannot mix the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture until it’s completely cool or it will melt.
- Top this however you like – with more whipped cream or anything at all.
- Use any kind of crust you like – homemade or store bought.
If you love ooey-gooey marshmallows, this Marshmallow Pie will win your heart! It’s like marshmallow cream meets pie for a simple no bake dessert that’s ready in no time.