Dec 17

Holly Madeleines & Crazy Sweet Tuesday

Welcome to Crazy Sweet Tuesday…where sugar can make you smile. At least…that’s what it does for me.

I have so many things I want to share this week that I’m hijacking my own party and sharing a recipe amongst the features and linky. Hope you don’t mind? You don’t? ‘Kay great!

This is the perfect treat if you need something totally last minute for Christmas.

Say…your husband came home and said his boss is coming for dinner and you need a last-minute dessert.

Or…your kid comes home and tells you his class party is the next day and you’re signed up to bring snack.

Or…you really like madeleines and stuff on sticks.

Whatever, these are probably the easiest treat for any holiday I’ve ever made. You need three ingredients: madeleines, green candy melts, and red candies.

You wouldn’t even have to use madeleines…just something oblong. Like a cookie. Or a cake pop. {Hey, the way I make cake pops…they’re never round!}

I used Donsuemor madeleines. This isn’t even a sponsored post…I just really love their product! They sell them at Costco here where I am in California. They’re amazing and, dare I say, I can eat an entire box myself.

So why not add more sugar by dipping them?

It makes perfect sense to me!

Seriously, the cutest and easiest treat EVER. Pin this one to your “Last Minute Treats” board. It’ll come in handy, you know it!

Holly Madeleines

Holly Madeleines

• Madeleines (any flavor)
  • Green Candy Melts
  • Small Red Candies (like mini M&Ms)
  • Lollipop sticks

1. Melt candy according to package direction. It's easiest to dip if you place the melted candy in a tall, thin glass instead of a low, wide bowl.
  2. Dip the end of the stick in the candy and stick into the bottom of the madeleine. Dip the entire thing in the green candy and place three red candies in the bottom corner, like berries. Stick in a styrafoam block to dry.

And now…on with Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

Chocolate Covered Pecan Butter Truffles by Half Baked Harvest. Pecan Butter say what?

Homemade Almond Roca by Somewhere in the Middle. Hee hee! Another treat my husband won’t be able to resist!

Easy Cinnabon Doughnuts by Something Swanky. Because frying ALWAYS makes it better.

Chocolate Marshmallows by Lemons for Lulu. I’m obsessed with marshmallows. Really, I am!

Red Hot Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen. Aren’t they puuuurty? I love me some cinnamon!

Thanks to everyone who linked last week! I appreciate your coming here, even though the party started late. All the features have been pinned and will be shared on Facebook in the next day or two.

Now…go get some madeleines and some sticks and let’s have a party!

Don’t forget…Friday we are paying tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Please join us in posting a cookie or a craft recipe dedicated to Newtown. You can find all the details in this post.

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayLil’ LunaSweet Treats SaturdayChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

Comments

comments

64 comments on “Holly Madeleines & Crazy Sweet Tuesday

1. What a cute idea!
    Thanks for the oarty!

2. Such cute idea these holly madeleines :)
    Thanks for the party and for great features!

3. Dorothy how cute are your holly madeleines!!! such a good idea. thanks for hosting

4. Happier Than A Pig in Mud Reply

Your Madeleines turned out cute! Happy Week Before Christmas:@)

5. I never would have thought to use Madeleines!!! Now thats a great idea!!!! Thanks for featuring my chocolate marshmallows. I too am obsessed with them! Have a great week.

• crazyforcrust replied on December 18th, 2012 at 6:44 am

I know! It popped into my head one day while I was devouring a box… :) Thanks Tanya!

6. Wow, that’s a perfect last minute treat. Looks fantastic! Lovely features too! Thank you for hosting. Have a great week!

7. Pingback: Candy Cane Oreo Cookies Bars

8. Pingback: Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps and #fbcookieswap

9. Those Madeleines are so cute, love it!!! Thanks for hosting!

10. Such a cute idea. Thanks for the party :)

11. Pingback: Chocolate Peppermint Layered Fudge

12. Pingback: Peanut Butter Swirled S’mores Bark

13. Those madeleines are so cute! What a great idea!

14. Thanks for featuring my Chocolate Pecan Butter Truffles! Hope you are having a merry holiday season and thanks for a great party every weak!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 18th, 2012 at 6:43 am

Thank you for joining in!!

15. Adding chocolate and sticks to anything just ups the cute factor by about 100:-) Those are way too cute!!! Thanks for the awesome party Dorothy!!!

16. Pingback: Gingerbread Oreo Blondies |

17. Pingback: Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies |

18. Thanks for the party, Dorothy! Those Madeleines are wonderful! Have a Merry Christmas!

19. Pingback: White Chocolate Molasses Cookies |

20. Those Madeleines are so cute!
    And the donuts you featured have my stomach growling.
    Thanks for featuring my Almond Roca!

21. Thanks for the party sweets. I love your festive madeleines. Have you ever made madeleines from scratch? I haven’t yet but I’m sure you need some sort of mould, must look into that.

And sugar makes me smile too… in a hyperactive kinda way! 😀

• crazyforcrust replied on December 18th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I need to try! They sell pans, but I don’t have one. :)

22. Such a cute idea Dorothy! The features all look scrumptious as usual :) Have a great week!

23. Thanks for the Party Dorothy! I love Crazy Sweet Tuesdays!

24. Pingback: Holly Madeleines & Crazy Sweet Tuesday | Crazy for Crust

25. These madeleines are so cute!! What an easy yet impressive little snack :)

26. Those are so cute!

27. How precious! Thanks for hosting. Also, thank you so much for bringing us together to show our love, heartbreak and support on Friday. You are truly helping us demonstrate what cooking really means to all of us, which is way more than food.

28. Pingback: Eating Freely seed butter chocolate bark recipe

29. What a cute idea! I actually have some of these Madeleines–I think I’ll jazz them up this way for Christmas Eve! :-) Thanks for hosting, Dorothy!

30. um yes please (you know i have a thing for madeleines!)

31. Everything looks delicious!

Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

32. Pingback: Mint Ice Cream Dessert |

33. Love the holly cookie … genius! Thank you for hosting, too 😉

34. Um, yeah, those things are dangerous. I just discovered them at Costco and I pretty much did eat the entire box myself over the course of about 5 days, I think the Mr. had maybe 3 of them. Our dog loves them too, she’d come running when I’d open one up and I’d give her he last little bite. Dangerous!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

LOL! I better keep them away from my doggie!

35. Holy cow, I don’t think I’ve ever been the top feature before at a party!! If it wasn’t midnight & my hubs & kiddo weren’t asleep, I would be doing a little happy dance right now!! Thank you so much Dorothy!!

• crazyforcrust replied on December 20th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

You’re welcome Jaime!! :) Congrats.

36. Pingback: Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels |