This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Do you love blondies? Make White Chocolate Blondies! You are going to love the chewy, fudgy texture of these blondie bars. Each one has lots of white chocolate chips baked inside or you can customize this recipe with your favorite mix ins.
You won’t need another recipe after you try this one – this is the best blondie recipe with white chocolate!
Table of Contents
Why this is the Best White Chocolate Blondie Recipe
These white chocolate blondies are the perfect dessert bar – they are moist and chewy with an amazing fudgy texture. Basically, your ideal blondie brownie! I’ve tested this recipe so many times I’ve lost count. I’ve been making blondies for years and have tweaked and adjusted the recipe many times until I landed on this one. I haven’t looked back since.
There are a lot of blondie recipes on this site and this one I’m sharing today is my favorite basic recipe. And by basic, I mean amazing because it’s the perfect base for all kinds of customizations. I happen to love it with just some white chocolate chips mixed in, but (as you’ll see in a minute) there are a lot of directions you can go.
These are cookie bars not brownies – if you want white chocolate brownies that recipe is fudgy and delicious!
Blondies with white chocolate chips are great when you need a dessert for a crowd – this recipe makes a big batch! Plus, they are freezer-friendly which is very helpful. They are hard to resist if they are sitting out on the counter.
- The key in achieving the perfect texture is the ratio of ingredients. Blondies are made with lots of brown sugar – it’s what gives them their soft and chewy texture. You also need some flour in there for structure, but if you get the ratio wrong you can end up with cakey blondies or ones that are too gooey.
- Obviously, there are other ingredients, too, but the flour to sugar ratio is the key. It’s the same with brownies (blondies chocolate cousin) and I’ve got it all figured out for you!
- White Chocolate Chips – do yourself a favor and use Ghirardelli, Guittard, Trader Joe’s or Nestle – not a generic brand! When something is a main flavor you want to get the good stuff.
How to make Blondies
- Cream butter and brown sugar – you’ll want to make sure your butter is softened properly. This will be crumbly – especially if you’re using a hand mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Once mixed, the mixture will be smooth.
- Add flour and mix until a cookie dough texture forms. Then mix in your white chocolate chips.
- The dough is wet so press it into your pan carefully. Only use a metal pan for best results!
Tip From Dorothy
Tips for Baking Blondies
- I always include recommended baking times, but what’s more important are visual cues when you’re baking. For blondies, you want to take them out of the oven once they look set (not jiggly in the center) and have started to turn lightly golden on top.
- I recommend that you err on the side of under baked with this recipe. They will continue to bake in the pan even after you take them from the oven. They might not look done when you pull them out, but I can promise they’ll be perfect after they’ve cooled.
- Only use a metal pan for baking these – glass or porcelain can cause them to brown too much on top and not bake all the way through.
- They will keep for three to four days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for later. Tightly wrap them and keep them in a freezer bag or other container.
Did you use a metal pan? Cookie bars bake best in metal where the heat conducts evenly. A glass pan may cause them to brown on top but be raw in the center.
These freeze great – freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
White Chocolate Blondies Recipe
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (400g) brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (248g) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (340g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Mix butter and brown sugar with a stand or a hand mixer until crumbly. Mix in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in salt, baking powder, then flour. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the mix-ins.
- Spread in prepared pan. The mixture is wet so it’s best to spray your hands with cooking spray and then smooth the dough with your hands to get an even layer. Top with remaining mix-ins
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes until they start to turn golden. Err on the side of under baked with these – they’ll finish baking as the cool and you don’t want them over baked.
- Only use a metal pan for best results.
- Err on the side of under baked for these – once they’re light golden around the edges and they lose their glossy sheen they’re done baking.
White Chocolate Blondies are a twist on the traditional blondie recipe. It’s the best because we use white chocolate chips, no chocolate needed!
Last Updated on August 26, 2023