This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
If you want to make holiday cookies this year but take the easy route, then chocolate dipped shortbread cookies are the perfect cookies for you! This is a semi-homemade recipe that involves no baking on your behalf! This is because we are using store-bought festively-shaped shortbread cookies. (If you want to make your own homemade shortbread I have a recipe for that too!)
Table of Contents
Christmas Chocolate Dipped Shortbread
If you’re someone who needs a last minute treat or think you can’t bake then this is the recipe for you: an easy shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. There’s no shame in the semi-homemade game when the result is as good as this!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients!
- Use your favorite shortbread – but I love Walkers
- Use your favorite chocolate and any color sprinkles!
- Shortbread cookies- If you want to be festive (who doesn’t?) make sure you get the cute Christmas cookie shapes. Walkers makes a great short bread cookie in festive shapes perfect for the holidays!
- Baking chocolate- You can use semi-sweet, milk, or white. Whichever you prefer.
- Sprinkles- Festive sprinkles are the most fun!
How to Dip Shortbread in Chocolate
- Melt chocolate- Melt the baking chocolate according to the package directions. Doing this in the microwave is the quickest method but feel free to use the stove top if you’d like!
- Dip- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place the sprinkles in a shallow dish big enough to fit the cookies. Dip the bottom of the cookie in chocolate, then dip the cookie in sprinkles. Repeat with all the chocolate dipped shortbread cookies.
- Set- Set on a cookie sheet lined in parchment paper to harden.
- Store- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Use a dixie bowl to melt chocolate in, it’s easier to heat and makes for an easy clean up!
- If you are having trouble melting the chocolate add a tsp of vegetable oil to help liquify it. This adds no flavor and makes melting chocolate so much quicker!
You can store you chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies right on the counter in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The best chocolate for dipping cookies is baking chocolate melts, bark, or chocolate chips.
f you want to go all-out, make this recipe with homemade shortbread! I use my special classic shortbread cookie recipe and it takes the cake every time!
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread
- Walkers Shortbread Festive Shapes
- 4 ounces baking chocolate semi-sweet, milk, or white
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. I like using a paper Dixie bowl for easy clean up.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place sprinkles in a shallow dish.
- Dip the bottom of the cookie in chocolate, then dip in sprinkles. Set on prepared cookie sheet to harden.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Easiest Ever Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies – use your favorite shortbread cookie recipe and dip them in chocolate and sprinkles – the perfect holiday treat!
Last Updated on December 6, 2022