Turkey Cheese Stromboli is going to be a quick and easy recipe you’ll want to make all the time! This is the perfect dinner or appetizer, filled with deli turkey and cheese and it starts with a refrigerated pizza dough.
This post has been sponsored by Cooper® cheese and includes tracking links. For more information about tracking links and how to opt out, please visit All About Do Not Track (https://allaboutdnt.com/) prior to clicking any links found in this post.
What is a Stromboli?
Stromboli is a turnover type recipe, rolled pizza dough with sauce and cheese and Italian meats. A classic Stromboli has pepperoni and sometimes ham, but this version uses turkey, making it the perfect alternative to those traditional pizza flavors. We all love pizza, but sometimes you want a little something different.
You will love this recipe because it’s:
- SO easy: starts with refrigerated pizza dough
- Something different: uses turkey instead of ham and pepperoni
- Is super melty from all the cheese!
Table of Contents
Ingredients in this Easy Stromboli recipe
Because we start with refrigerated dough you only need 6 ingredients:
Pizza Dough: I used a can from the refrigerated section. You can use regular or thin crust. If you want to make the dough from scratch you can use my Ultimate Pizza Crust (cut the dough in half to make two).
Pizza Sauce: Unlike calzones, Stromboli always has pizza sauce. I used my favorite pizza sauce recipe but you can use your favorite store brand.
Turkey: Just regular deli turkey works best. You can buy the packaged kind or ask the deli to slice some fresh.
Cheese: I used Cooper® Sharp cheese in this recipe because I like the pairing with the deli turkey. Plus it melts amazing!
Butter and Italian seasoning: for the topping
What’s the best cheese for Stromboli?
While a classic Stromboli recipe uses mozzarella, I used Cooper® Sharp cheese instead. I love the way it melts in this recipe, plus the flavor goes better with turkey than any other kind of cheese.
Cooper® is a regional household favorite cheese, and it’s a family tradition across the Northeast. Cooper® Sharp is a top-tier cheese so you know you’re getting quality. It’s made with milk and hand-selected aged cheese without any unpronounceable ingredients! It’s creamy and flavorful and can be sliced, shredded, cubed and it melts like a dream.
Last year I made Fudge with Cooper® Cheese and so I knew how good it melted, making it perfect for inside the Stromboli!
How to make an Easy Stromboli Recipe
This recipe seriously couldn’t be any easier.
1. Dough: Unroll pizza dough onto parchment paper and stretch to a 10×15-inch rectangle. Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
2. Fill: Add the turkey in a single layer, then sprinkle with cheese.
3. Roll: Roll the Stromboli into a tight spiral, using the parchment to help you roll. Get it as tight as you can.
4. Brush and Bake: Center the Stromboli, seam side down, on the parchment paper. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Cut dashes diagonally across the top of the crust. Brush the crust with melted butter and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for about 28-33 minutes or until the top is golden brown and dough is cooked through.
You’ll want to let it cool slightly before slicing so the cheese can set a bit and doesn’t run out of the cut dough.
Tips for Stromboli
- Be sure your oven is preheated before baking. You want the high heat to help brown the outside and cook it through.
- Variations: you can also make Stromboli with beef using deli roast beef or ham.
- Serve a Stromboli as a simple dinner or use it as an appetizer for a party.
- You can serve it with a side of pizza sauce or ranch for dipping.
- If you want to make the dough from scratch use my Ultimate Pizza Dough recipe but cut it in half to make two (or freeze half for later).
- Store leftover Stromboli in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
Other melty cheese recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Turkey Cheese Stromboli Recipe
- 1 13.8 ounce can pizza dough (or ½ of my ultimate crust recipe)
- ½ cup (130g) pizza sauce
- 6 ounces (171g) deli turkey
- 2 cups (175g) shredded Cooper® Sharp cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay out a large sheet of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on your work surface.
- Unroll pizza dough onto parchment paper and stretch to a 10×15-inch rectangle .
- Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
- Add the turkey in a single layer, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll the Stromboli into a tight spiral, using the parchment to help you roll. Get it as tight as you can.
- Center the Stromboli, seam side down, on the parchment paper. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Cut dashes diagonally across the top of the crust.
- Brush the crust with melted butter and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for about 28-33 minutes or until the top is golden brown and dough is cooked through.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with additional pizza sauce for dipping.
- You can use store bought pizza sauce or use my homemade recipe.
- Want to make the dough from scratch? Make my ultimate pizza crust and cut the dough in half.
- Use any meat you want to switch up the flavor – roast beef or ham would also be delicious.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Turkey Cheese Stromboli is an Easy Stromboli recipe made with turkey and cheese! This twist on a classic recipe is an easy dinner for any day of the week.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: May 25, 2021