This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pretzel crust cheesecake is a no-brainer, chocolate-covered pretzels+ cheesecake= heaven. Seriously, in my book, absolutely nothing is better than that!
Table of Contents
No Bake Pretzel Crust Cheesecake
Even if this pie was extremely difficult to make it would still be well worth it for me to indulge in it because it’s really that good. Luckily for all of us, this recipe for pretzel crust cheesecake is a breeze, it’s no bake and only takes a couple of common ingredients.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- If you love pretzels like me, this will be your dream pie crust! It’s salty, sweet, and the right amount of crumbly!
- Anything you don’t have to turn the oven on for is a winner, this pretzel crust cheesecake is so easy to make. All you need is a microwave!
Ingredients in Pretzel Pie
- Pretzels- You are going to need two kinds of pretzels; pretzel twists, and some finely crushed pretzel crumbs.
- Sugar- Granulated sugar goes in the crust and filling.
- Butter- Butter should be melted and unsalted.
- Cream cheese- Soften it before you use it for easier mixing.
- Vanilla extract- Natural always tastes best.
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip) – Make sure you put this out to thaw before use.
- Chocolate chips- Milk chocolate is most common but you can also use dark, or white chocolate chips if you desire.
- Heavy whipping cream to make the ganache.
How to Make Pretzel Crust Cheesecake
- Make the filling: Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it’s smooth.
- Then, fold in whipped topping until it’s completely free of lumps.
- Make the crust: Stir together finely crushed pretzels with sugar and melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a 9” pie plate and chill until it’s ready to fill.
- Make the topping: Add chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Then, whisk it until it’s smooth. Let the topping sit and cool, this will cause it to thicken.
- When you are ready to serve pretzel crust cheesecake, top it with the cooled ganache. If the ganache gets too thick to spread on the pretzel pie, you can heat it back up for a few seconds in the microwave to thin it out.
Be patient! The glory of a no-bake cheesecake is well, that you don’t need any heat. You will need to wait for the crust to set, and the ganache to thicken. This pie will do the work for you, all you have to do is to remember to give it the time it needs!
Since we are working with pretzels here to make the crust, it can get a little crumbly. To ensure that your crust sticks together use an appropriate amount of butter (a lot) and really pack it into the pie plate. You want to make sure you really squish it in there so it sticks together nicely!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel No Bake Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 3 cups Pretzel Twists about 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzel crumbs
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (84g) unsalted butter melted
For the filling:
- 8 ounces (226g) Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (226g) whipped topping thawed
For the topping:
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
- ½ cup (118ml) heavy whipping cream
- Make the crust: stir finely crushed pretzels and sugar with melted butter. Press into a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk or fold in whipped topping until no lumps remain. Spread in prepared crust. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Make the topping: add chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Heat 1 minute then whisk until smooth. Let sit until cool and thick.
- When ready to serve top the pie with the cooled ganache. If the ganache gets too thick to spread, just heat it a few seconds in the microwave to thin.
Other No Bake Pies
Make no bake Pretzel Crust Cheesecake with chocolate topping! This easy chocolate covered pretzel pie is so good and the perfect no bake pie recipe.
Last Updated on November 19, 2022