This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is full of flavors of pumpkin! When it’s pumpkin season, this flavorful bread has to happen. The ribbon of cream cheese filling takes the flavor of this fall recipe over the top!
Table of Contents
Perfect Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
I’m telling 100% the truth when I say that this is the best cream cheese pumpkin bread. The next time that your taste buds are talking to you, it’s time to give in and bake a whole loaf!
You’re going to love that swirl of cream cheese that you’ll get every time you take a bite of this cream cheese pumpkin bread recipe. It’s like you’re getting a mouth full of pumpkin pie filling without having to actually make a pie!
When I think about the flavor of this easy pumpkin bread, I just crave that pumpkin spice flavor. It’s such an easy recipe that I constantly crave!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- One of my favorite parts of this pumpkin bread with cream cheese is that it’s the perfect sweet bread for breakfast, snack, or dessert. This is seriously a perfect recipe that the whole family will love.
- Joana gaines and Southern Living magazine have nothing on this pumpkin bread with cream cheese swirl
- It’s the perfect dessert bread to prep and enjoy anytime of the year
Ingredients in Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
- Cream cheese – you need this to make the cream cheese layer!
- Eggs – used as the binding agent and helps to keep the bread moist.
- Granulated sugar – adds the perfect sweetness.
- Vanilla extract – I love using pure vanilla extract.
- Brown sugar – packed brown sugar adds a lovely brown coloring to the recipe as well.
- Vegetable oil – You can also use coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Libby’s Pumpkin Puree – don’t confuse this with pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin pie spice – you can always add more white sugar and cinnamon as well.
- Salt – just a pinch.
- Baking soda – helps to make this bread light and fluffy.
- Buttermilk – this helps to keep the quick bread moist.
- All-purpose flour – be sure to measure it correctly.
How to make Pumpkin Bread with cream cheese swirl
- Mix: Mix cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir: Stir granulated sugar and brown sugar with oil and pumpkin. Stir in the eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Stir until combined.
- Stir in buttermilk and flour.
- Pour: Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining pumpkin bread batter and swirl it with a knife.
- Bake: Bake for 40-50 minutes. If you want it totally done (no gooey center), test it by inserting a toothpick just partway into the top center of the bread. If this comes out clean, it’s done. stuck to the top.
- Cool: Cool before removing from the pan. If the bread sticks to the sides of the pan, be patient and let it cool. You can then take a butter knife and insert it around the sides of the bread and the sides of the pan. This will help loosen it up.
Storing and Freezing Instructions
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month. Be sure that you wrap the bread with saran wrap and then add it to a freezer-safe bag as this will add two layers of protection.
Using a sealable bag or an airtight container is key. You have to keep the bread out of the air so that it doesn’t dry out. If the bread does dry out, pop it into the microwave for a few seconds to soften it right back up.
No, it doesn’t have to be stored in the fridge but it will last longer. You can leave it at room temperature for a couple of days but then you do need to move it to the fridge.
If you prefer to eat it at room temperature, just sit out your slice of bread for about 30 minutes before eating.
As long as you’re storing it in a freezer-safe container, this homemade pumpkin bread recipe can be stored for up to 2 months!
You can freeze it whole or freeze it in slices as well. Totally up to you. Sometimes I’ll freeze it in slices so that I can unthaw just a couple and enjoy it over the duration of a month.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (79ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (244g) Pumpkin Puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup (79ml) buttermilk
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir granulated sugar and brown sugar with oil and pumpkin. Stir in the eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Stir until combined. Stir in buttermilk and flour.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining pumpkin bread batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. If you want it totally done (no gooey center), test it by inserting a toothpick just partway into the top center of the bread. If this comes out clean, it’s done. stuck to the top.
- Cool before removing from pan. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month.
- Make sure cream cheese is room temperature to avoid lumps.
- To make your own buttermilk, add 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice to a measuring cup and fill with milk to 1/3 cups. Let sit for 5 minutes.
BEST Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is a soft pumpkin bread with cream cheese swirl – it’s an easy quick bread recipe perfect for fall!