Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread is a new family favorite! An easy pumpkin bread recipe is filled with peanut butter – the combination is so good you can’t knock it until you try it. The chocolate takes it over the top!
I was so proud of myself on my trip last weekend: I actually worked out at the hotel. I thought ahead and brought workout clothes and running shoes, knowing I’d have some time one of the days to exercise. Huge pat on the back for me!
At the hotel gym, I ran a few miles, then went to do some weights. Over by the weight rack, a trainer was working with a hotel guest. (Who knew you could hire a trainer on vaca??) While I was looking over the meager weight selection, looking for at least 10 pounders that weren’t there, the trainer asked me if I was looking for the six-pounders.
And I must say, I was a little insulted.
I may be a girl. But I’m a girl on vacation who is working out. That means something, don’t you think?
So I grabbed the heaviest I could find (9 lbs) and proceeded to stand on the upside-down bosu ball and do curls and squats. Then I did a 2:45 plank.
So there Mr. Muscled Trainer Man. So there.
And then I proceeded to eat my weight in cake for the rest of the weekend. Which is why I now need to work out even more – and why I need this Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread in my life.
This bread is seriously a new family favorite. I’ve made it twice, and a third is on the horizon.
If I make something twice, you know it’s good.
Did you know that peanut butter and pumpkin go together? I never in a million years would have paired them. But lots of people did last year, so I wanted to try it this season.
And wow – those peeps last year were so right. They go together perfectly. When you mix the peanut butter into the pumpkin in the recipe immediately the smell is perfect. I really can’t describe it other than to say these two flavors were meant for each other. (Kind of like peanut butter and banana or chocolate and zucchini.)
Because of all the pumpkin wetness, there is only 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in this bread. The combination of oil and pumpkin keep it super moist, and it’s healthier than a traditional pumpkin bread because it isn’t extra full of oil or butter. (Remember my pumpkin brownie muffins? Pumpkin works wonders!)
The bread is also filled with pumpkin pie spice (a whopping 1 1/2 tablespoons) and chocolate chips, another ingredient that pairs well with both pumpkin and peanut butter. I put most of the chocolate chips in the bread and the rest on top, to make it pretty.
You’ll see the slightly gooey center of this bread. After 40-50 minutes, the edges are done and the center is still gooey. This is how I like my quick bread. You’ll see most of my recipes look this way. I eat around the edges and save that gooey center for last! But if that doesn’t float your boat, you can add a few minutes to the cooking time.
This has been Jordan’s favorite breakfast for the last few weeks (and she’s not even a huge pumpkin fan; she prefers chocolate). In fact, I only got 1 slice of the last loaf. After it cools, I slice it and place each slice in a ziploc baggie and freeze. Then I pop it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and Jordan has a fast breakfast that she thinks is a super treat and I know is secretly sort of healthy.
It’s a win-win.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread is a delicious and EASY pumpkin bread filled with peanut butter and chocolate. The combination works!
Okay, I need to go make more. Excuse me now…
How to make the perfect quick bread:
- Pan size matters. I used an 8×4-inch pan for this bread. You could also use a 10×5-inch but don’t use any other size.
- I use a regular store bought no-stir natural peanut butter for this recipe. A natural needs-to-be-stirred peanut butter won’t work.
- Be sure to buy pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix.
- The gooey center is perfect – and the rest of the bread will be too.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread is an easy pumpkin bread recipe full of peanut butter. The flavor combination is perfect for fall and this is a great breakfast or dessert! The chocolate makes it perfect.
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk oil, pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter in a large bowl until no lumps remain.
- Stir in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir in flour.
- Stir about 3/4 cup chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until the loaf is done on the outside and a toothpick comes out with a bit of crumb. There’ll be a perfect gooey spot in the center but the rest of the bread will be done perfectly.
- Tip: slice cooled bread and freeze in individual baggies for a quick snack!